[DEV] Transition wifi/data

Search This thread

rafabad

Jun 18, 2008
Hi guys, I'm not a developer, despite that I dare to open this topic.

It's all an annoying bug that has "some" of our P990, is that after being connected to a wireless network connection is not restored data.

I encourage developers great forum to find the solution this annoying bug. I'm pretty sure it's not a problem of the baseband and ril, I've tried all the possible combinations, I assure you, any fixes the bug, however if there has been any rom like this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1596671, I always worked well in the wifi-data transitions.

Many comments like these describe the bug

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35992829&postcount=844

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35957517&postcount=747

EDIT:

solution in post 9 by dcseek

solution:
WARNING: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE ON YOUR DEVICE

What you need:
- smartflash program with your favorite baseband
- a stock ROM on your device (you will need LG hidden menu)
- hyperterminal
- your original IMEI (it is on the original phone's package)

1. smartflash any baseband make sure you select "erase CAL data"
2. follow these instructions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohicanrat
1. Connect phone by USB
2. Enter 1809#*990# in dialer---------------> "hidden menu GB"
3. Select Port Settings -> Select CP USB
4. Start hyperterminal, in COM settings select same port like in devide manager -> LGE mobile USB Serial Port, 115200
5. Type AT if response is not OK, change port number
6. Type at%imei, it should display your current IMEI
7. Type at%imei=x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x , where x,x,x... is your orginal IMEI number
8. Reset
hidden menu workaround(all stock android versions):
i didn't know the new ics's code so i used an old trick to show hidden menu (i was using it with launcher pro) .
install holo launcher hd then on Home screen----> ADD shortcuts ---> choose Activities ----> select com.lge.hiddenmenu ---> hidden menu.
after this no code is needed to access hidden menu, tap 'n go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raum1807
Maybe you should add that the IMEI number must be entered without dashes.
It seems to be a common mistake.
For example if your IMEI on the sticker is 123456-78-901234-5 then the command must be at%imei=123456789012345
Quote:
Originally Posted by klappstuhl218
OH MY GOD! It worked! Thank you so much dcseek! And my imei wasn't even correct...
For people who try this with ICS stock: Hidden menu code was changed to 3845#*990#
3. take a beer

Last edited:

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
I solved this kind of problem I was having just changing network operator. Never got this problem again. And I know that it's also related to phone, since I had a Sony x10 before with the same simcard and never got this on that phone, but the only way to solve it was changing operator.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Joe4899

dcseek

May 2, 2008

It's all an annoying bug that has "some" of our P990, is that after being connected to a wireless network connection is not restored data.

I encourage developers great forum to find the solution this annoying bug. I'm pretty sure it's not a problem of the baseband and ril, I've tried all the possible combinations, I assure you, any fixes the bug, however if there has been any rom like this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1596671, I always worked well in the wifi-data transitions.

Many comments like these describe the fault

+1
I'm facing this problem for a long time now since I installed a CM7 rom. Plus I'm having troubles during network operators change my device is not disabling data connection in Roaming. Even with a different sim card the result is the same. Thnx in advance.

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2

Rayman96

Jun 3, 2009
Warszawa, Poland
I doubt no one will find solution because problem persist only on couple of devices and must be reproduced here for helping.

So this is your part to fix it - make logs, and not devs part.

x_justin

Mar 10, 2011
Netherlands
Great you opened this thread man! I like your style, I was doubting to open a thread but didnt go for it because of missing some essential dev skills. However, many many users have this bug and I also read there was a specific fix in CM7. We first have to analyse the problem as deep as possible. I will try to help as much as possible. Not at home right now yet..

Verstuurd van mijn LG-P990 met Tapatalk

amardeepsingh77

Oct 11, 2010
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
finally, someone's highlighting this basic problem that still persists no matter what rom I use. I have used various GB including DJ and CM7 and now official ICS as well as CM10, running CM10 on the old bootloader for nearly over a month, and have faced this wifi to 3g/2g switch bug in all these roms. the only possible solution has been without rebooting is to go into flight mode and then turn the radio on again. If you want, I can submit a radio logcat as well. Can someone please tell me which app to use for creating a radio logcat?

jeroenqui

Mar 22, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Here are my logcats of the situation.
Facing this problem also, for a very long time.
Works fine with CM7 (temasek build), and after that, newer roms all have this bug.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 35
  • logcat_radio.txt
    24.2 KB · Views: 46

dcseek

May 2, 2008
Solved

+1
I'm facing this problem for a long time now since I installed a CM7 rom. Plus I'm having troubles during network operators change my device is not disabling data connection in Roaming. Even with a different sim card the result is the same. Thnx in advance.

SOLVED:

in addition i had problems to connect to a Slovenian network operator.
checking my radio logs i discovered that during call or comunicating with network cell my device was sending wrong commands and i had strange CME errors.
Searching on XDA i found those problems in different threads but i found a pattern in baseband flashes.

It is not ROM related, every android version is having the same strange radio behavior.

The solution is to smartflash any baseband using erase CAL data ticked(i know! everywhere is written to not use it...)
and restore your IMEI that will be erased during flash operation.

I'M SUGGESTING TO WHO WANTS TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDE TO RESTORE YOUR OWN IMEI BECAUSE YOU COULD BLOCK SOMEONE ELSE IMEI.
DO NOT USE IMEI RESULTING FROM FLASH WITH ERASE CAL DATA!!!

solution:

What you need:
- smartflash program with your favorite baseband related to your region Do not flash SU660's basebands if you are in Europe
- hyperterminal

1. Connect phone by USB
4. Start hyperterminal, in COM settings select same port like in devide manager -> LGE mobile USB Serial Port, 115200
7. Type at%imei=x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x , where x,x,x... is your orginal IMEI number
8. Reset

i didn't know the new ics's code so i used an old trick to show hidden menu (i was using it with launcher pro) .
install holo launcher hd then on Home screen----> ADD shortcuts ---> choose Activities ----> select com.lge.hiddenmenu ---> hidden menu.

For example if your IMEI on the sticker is 123456-78-901234-5 then the command must be at%imei=123456789012345

OH MY GOD! It worked! Thank you so much dcseek! And my imei wasn't even correct...
For people who try this with ICS stock: Hidden menu code was changed to 3845#*990#

3. take a beer

hope this helps other with same problem.

here's a comparison between radio log before and after (no connection on operator, one of my problems) :

before Erase CAL data
D/GSM ( 504): [GsmSST] Poll ServiceState done: oldSS=[0 home Si.Vodafone Si.Vodafone 29340 Unknown CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1
DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] newSS=[0 home Si.Vodafone Si.Vodafone 29340 Unknown CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1
DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] oldGprs=1 newData=1 oldMaxDataCalls=1 mNewMaxDataCalls=1 oldReasonDataDenied=-1
mNewReasonDataDenied=-1 oldType=Unknown newType=Unknown

After
D/GSM ( 6943): [GsmSST] Poll ServiceState done: oldSS=[0 roaming Si.Vodafone Si.Vodafone 29340 EDGE CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1
DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] newSS=[0 roaming Si.Vodafone Si.Vodafone 29340 EDGE CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1
DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] oldGprs=0 newData=0 oldMaxDataCalls=1 mNewMaxDataCalls=1 oldReasonDataDenied=-1
mNewReasonDataDenied=-1 oldType=EDGE newType=EDGE

EDIT:
i found out that with other devices like i9000 it's normal to backup /EFS partition to prevent this problems (not only IMEI related)

enjoy

Last edited:

tetsuo55

Aug 20, 2007
Do you think this may solve all wierd problems with relation to the radio?

Problems i have:
* Not switching from wifi to cellular
* Showing full signal but not actually being connected (data does not go through, making a call turns the icon into a red cross) (sometimes a full reboot or just flightmode is needed to get back online)
* Generally bad/unstable 3g/2g connections
* Dropping wifi connection
* unable to make a call eventhough there is signal, 2nd try works
* Not switching to wifi when walking into a known network

Can any of the reporters confirm this works?

dcseek

May 2, 2008
Do you think this may solve all wierd problems with relation to the radio?

Problems i have:
* Not switching from wifi to cellular
* Showing full signal but not actually being connected (data does not go through, making a call turns the icon into a red cross) (sometimes a full reboot or just flightmode is needed to get back online)
* Generally bad/unstable 3g/2g connections
* Dropping wifi connection
* unable to make a call eventhough there is signal, 2nd try works
* Not switching to wifi when walking into a known network

Can any of the reporters confirm this works?

At the end if you tried all others fix like me, this was the last shot before selling the phone.
erase Cal data in my case didn't delete IMEI but was an invalid IMEI. When i restored mine everything was working perfectly.

my symptomes where similar to yours.... but i can't confirm that is the same situation.

Reactions: dickeplatte

klappstuhl218

Oct 31, 2012
Sounds interesting! :D I will try it when I'm at home. It would be great if this annoying bug gets finally fixed. Sometimes when it appears I just want to throw the phone at the next wall...

Here are my logcats of the situation.
Facing this problem also, for a very long time.
Works fine with CM7 (temasek build), and after that, newer roms all have this bug.

I guess you have started your logs just before you deactivated wifi!? Because I think the bug happens earlier. My phone looses mobile data connection after a few Minutes and network status changes to UNKOWN:0. I'm quite shure that this is not intended because I tested it on another 2X an it doen't loose the mobile network even after several hours.

Last edited:

dickeplatte

Oct 27, 2009
Berlin
this is one of the threads i've read to find out the solution for me...

the problem is not so spread but i think that with all this new roms is possible that will grow.

I never found any solution for this problem, hope the erase cal think will do it.

Does anybody know what erase cal exactly means, further than deleting imei

dcseek

May 2, 2008
I never found any solution for this problem, hope the erase cal think will do it.

Does anybody know what erase cal exactly means, further than deleting imei

I have researched a lot this but nowhere is explained what is erasing.
if anybody knows please share your knowledge :)

Reactions: dickeplatte

jeroenqui

Mar 22, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
I think that happens on purpose. No point in keeping mobile data active while you're connected to WiFi, right?

I've filtered the unrelated lines out of the logcat and this is what's left.

Code:
01-02 11:36:45.740 D/WifiService(  296): setWifiEnabled: false pid=416, uid=10037
01-02 11:36:45.780 D/CommandListener(  105): Clearing all IP addresses on wlan0
01-02 11:36:45.800 D/ConnectivityService(  296): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED
01-02 11:36:46.140 [B]D/ConnectivityService(  296): Attempting to switch to mobile[/B]
01-02 11:36:46.150 D/ConnectivityService(  296): Attempting to switch to BLUETOOTH_TETHER
01-02 11:36:46.200 D/NetUtils(  296): android_net_utils_resetConnections in env=0x4ec61fa8 clazz=0xea000001 iface=wlan0 mask=0x3
01-02 11:36:46.200 D/ConnectivityService(  296): resetConnections(wlan0, 3)
01-02 11:36:46.280 I/wpa_supplicant(11198): wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING 
01-02 11:36:46.330 W/Smack/Packet(  634): notify conn break (IOEx), close connection
01-02 11:36:46.640 I/qtaguid (  634): Failed write_ctrl(u 70) res=-1 errno=22
01-02 11:36:46.640 I/qtaguid (  634): Untagging socket 70 failed errno=-22
01-02 11:36:46.640 W/NetworkManagementSocketTagger(  634): untagSocket(70) failed with errno -22
01-02 11:36:46.670 [B]D/ConnectivityService(  296): handleInetConditionChange: no active default network - ignore[/B]
01-02 11:36:46.710 W/Netd    (  105): No subsystem found in netlink event
01-02 11:36:46.710 D/NetlinkEvent(  105): Unexpected netlink message. type=0x11
01-02 11:36:51.210 D/NetworkStateObserver(17841): Network status changed.

Maybe the problem lies in one of the lines I have made bold.
I should make another logcat when it does succesfully reconnect to mobile data and compare it.
But somehow I don't think the we can get any results from those logs regarding this issue.

I guess you have started your logs just before you deactivated wifi!? Because I think the bug happens earlier. My phone looses mobile data connection after a few Minutes and network status changes to UNKOWN:0. I'm quite shure that this is not intended because I tested it on another 2X an it doen't loose the mobile network even after several hours.

dickeplatte

Oct 27, 2009
Berlin
I have researched a lot this but nowhere is explained what is erasing.
if anybody knows please share your knowledge :)

Me too,

but anyway: i dared to use your method. And i think it works! I have to do a test with more time in standby but looks very promising!

Nevertheless:
THANKS dcseek!!!!

rafabad

Jun 18, 2008
I searched the word "unknown" in logcatradio and I found this:

D/AT ( 107): dlc[5] atchannel: at_send_command_full_nolock() tid:30594888, waiting(180000 msec) for signal...DONE
D/AT ( 107): dlc[5] atchannel: at_send_command_full_nolock() end, err:0
D/AT ( 107): dlc[5] atchannel: at_send_command_full() s_commandmutex[5] UNLOCKED, tid:30594888, err - 0
D/RILC ( 107): [0136]< QUERY_NETWORK_SELECTION_MODE {2}
D/RIL ( 107): dlc[5] lge-ril: requestInterface(QUERY_NETWORK_SELECTION_MODE) invoking *requestFunction(req:45, data: 0x00000000, len:0)...DONE
D/RILJ ( 645): [0136]< QUERY_NETWORK_SELECTION_MODE {2}
D/GSM ( 645): [GsmSST] Poll ServiceState done: oldSS=[3 home null null null Unknown CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1 DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] newSS=[1 home Orange Orange null Unknown CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1 DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] oldGprs=1 newData=1 oldMaxDataCalls=1 mNewMaxDataCalls=1 oldReasonDataDenied=-1 mNewReasonDataDenied=-1 oldType=Unknown newType=Unknown
D/GSM ( 645): [GsmSST] updateSpnDisplay: changed sending intent rule=2 showPlmn='true' plmn='Orange' showSpn='false' spn='null'
D/AT ( 107): dlc[12] atchannel: readline() count:40. Read string - "
D/AT ( 107): +XDNS: 1, "0.0.0.0", "0.0.0.0"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved

+1

SOLVED:

in addition i had problems to connect to a Slovenian network operator.
    checking my radio logs i discovered that during call or comunicating with network cell my device was sending wrong commands and i had strange CME errors.
    Searching on XDA i found those problems in different threads but i found a pattern in baseband flashes.

It is not ROM related, every android version is having the same strange radio behavior.

The solution is to smartflash any baseband using erase CAL data ticked(i know! everywhere is written to not use it...)
    and restore your IMEI that will be erased during flash operation.

I'M SUGGESTING TO WHO WANTS TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDE TO RESTORE YOUR OWN IMEI BECAUSE YOU COULD BLOCK SOMEONE ELSE IMEI.
    DO NOT USE IMEI RESULTING FROM FLASH WITH ERASE CAL DATA!!!

solution:

What you need:
    - smartflash program with your favorite baseband related to your region Do not flash SU660's basebands if you are in Europe
    - hyperterminal

1. Connect phone by USB
    8. Reset

3. take a beer

hope this helps other with same problem.

here's a comparison between radio log before and after (no connection on operator, one of my problems) :

before Erase CAL data
    D/GSM ( 504): [GsmSST] Poll ServiceState done: oldSS=[0 home Si.Vodafone Si.Vodafone 29340 Unknown CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1
    DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] newSS=[0 home Si.Vodafone Si.Vodafone 29340 Unknown CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1
    DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] oldGprs=1 newData=1 oldMaxDataCalls=1 mNewMaxDataCalls=1 oldReasonDataDenied=-1
    mNewReasonDataDenied=-1 oldType=Unknown newType=Unknown

After
    D/GSM ( 6943): [GsmSST] Poll ServiceState done: oldSS=[0 roaming Si.Vodafone Si.Vodafone 29340 EDGE CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1
    DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] newSS=[0 roaming Si.Vodafone Si.Vodafone 29340 EDGE CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1
    DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] oldGprs=0 newData=0 oldMaxDataCalls=1 mNewMaxDataCalls=1 oldReasonDataDenied=-1
    mNewReasonDataDenied=-1 oldType=EDGE newType=EDGE

EDIT:
    i found out that with other devices like i9000 it's normal to backup /EFS partition to prevent this problems (not only IMEI related)

enjoy

Many comments like these describe the bug

EDIT:

solution in post 9 by dcseek

solution:

What you need:
    - smartflash program with your favorite baseband
    - hyperterminal

Quote:
    1. Connect phone by USB
    8. Reset

Quote:
    Quote:
    3. take a beer
    OH MY GOD! It worked! :laugh: Thank you so much dcseek! And my imei wasn't even correct...
    Which base band should i be using for this??

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda app-developers app

Whichever is the best for your rom/operator.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Hi again,

in my case it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks dcseek, im so happy that i want to donate a beer. Do you have a paypal account?

edit: Yeah, the post should definitly be added to the op

I'm happy that solved your problem,
    a thank is enough ;)
    Ok guys, since I love this solution so much, I made a guide to make it more accesible for everyone. It's definitely worth it, because I've a much better signal, less battery drain and on top of that the most important thing: data imediately after wifi! Here it is with all credits to dscreek offcourse:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=36400520#post36400520
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone