[DEV]Ubuntu-touch for all Xperia2011 devices

Search This thread
G

GuestK0082

Hello,
Developers, I really need help to get the ubuntu-touch port working again!
After the first release of Ubuntu-Touh I tried to port it again to our devices, but I don't get them booting. I only get a black screen. I have updated all sources on github and made the appropriate changes. You can find all relevant sources and information on my new website http://danwin.github.io/ubuntu-touch.html where I have uploaded the non-bootng builds for developers.

I still have the old builds available for those, who want a booting ubuntu-touch, but without any functionality: http://danwin.github.io/ubuntu-touch.html

Last edited:
G

GuestK0082

Can you add the screenshots in the op as pic

I don't think this is really necessary, as I have a video from kakalko4 embedded there, which has a lot better quality than my screenshots. You can download the zip provided above and unzip the pictures inside, if you really want to see them.

MarioJerkovic

Jul 12, 2012
Zagreb
can you make a more understandable guide how to install it because i try to follow your guide and my phone boots to kernel logo and for couple of second phone turns off

G

GuestK0082

can you make a more understandable guide how to install it because i try to follow your guide and my phone boots to kernel logo and for couple of second phone turns off

ok, updated.
You have to created an ext4 partition with CWM of another kernel or Linux and flashed then my kernel to use the ext4 partition on your SD-Card as /data, because ubuntu is to big for the internal storage. Have you really done that step?

MarioJerkovic

Jul 12, 2012
Zagreb
ok, updated.
You have to created an ext4 partition with CWM of another kernel or Linux and flashed then my kernel to use the ext4 partition on your SD-Card as /data, because ubuntu is to big for the internal storage. Have you really done that step?

Yep done it and working ubuntu is working :) it lags a lot :/ but i dont care :) i am happy that we got Ubuntu on our old devices :D

G

GuestK0082

I take it this a the same one as we already have? (crappy demo with no gsm)

For now yes, but hopefully officiallysonyrebel can make the kernel patches in one or two days available, so I can rebuild all images to make the daily builds of ubuntu booting, which have a lot of improvements.

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Kernel patches related to what? I can help out. And I remember officiallysontrebel saying that he doesnt know much about kernels on the ray thread that was removed.

G

GuestK0082

Kernel patches related to what? I can help out. And I remember officiallysontrebel saying that he doesnt know much about kernels on the ray thread that was removed.

The daily images of ubuntu aren't booting and officiallysonyrebel said that this is related to some kernel patches that have to be made, you can PM him and ask if you can help him with patching, so we can make the daily images also booting, which have a lot improvements in stability and usability.

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
The daily images of ubuntu aren't booting and officiallysonyrebel said that this is related to some kernel patches that have to be made, you can PM him and ask if you can help him with patching, so we can make the daily images also booting, which have a lot improvements in stability and usability.
thats strange.... It cant be kernel related, if you had added the new configs to the source code. It could be with the lastest CM10.1 changes for the 2011 devices. Take a look at http://github.com/cm42semc , here you will find the latest commits. I say this because if there was a problem with the Ubuntu Images, i.e something new needed to be added to get the build to boot, then it wouldn't boot on my n7100 either (as i made the same changes as prescribed on the guide). Either way its just a hunch. Give it a go.

Last edited:
G

GuestK0082

thats strange.... It cant be kernel related, if you had added the new configs to the source code. It could be with the lastest CM10.1 changes for the 2011 devices. Take a look at http://github.com/cm42semc , here you will find the latest commits. I say this because if there was a problem with the Ubuntu Images, i.e something new needed to be added to get the build to boot, then it wouldn't boot on my n7100 either (as i made the same changes as prescribed on the guide). Either way its just a hunch. Give it a go.

I'm already using these sources and the daily images only get a black screen. A lot of other people report the same issue for their devices (not Xperia), too. You can have a lock at my changes on https://github.com/DanWin and maybe you find the mistake I made, if I made any.

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
I'm already using these sources and the daily images only get a black screen. A lot of other people report the same issue for their devices (not Xperia), too. You can have a lock at my changes on https://github.com/DanWin and maybe you find the mistake I made, if I made any.
Yes, others did have a blackscreen, even the n7100 users did. But some, including myself got it to boot.
This is what I did:
1. Wipe system / data / dalvik
2. install device part
3. install ubuntu image

NOTE: You made a new partition on the sdcard where ubuntu was to be installed. I recommend you to WIpe your sdcard, create a new partition and try again. Also try with try flashing with a different recovery / kernel then flashing the ubuntu kenrel in the end. Sometimes recoveries mess up.

d4k-pho3nix

Apr 1, 2011
Thx for the job but i had some problemes with the ARc S when i flash the Ubuntu systeme it's abortes whith the statu 0 what i have to do ?

G

GuestK0082

Thx for the job but i had some problemes with the ARc S when i flash the Ubuntu systeme it's abortes whith the statu 0 what i have to do ?

Normally status 0 means success, can you go in CWM to advanced -> show log and enter the output of this here, maybe I can help you.

Top Liked Posts