• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[DEV][β] OmniROM [Unofficial] [8.1] [D6603/33/53/83] Z3 (Leo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

youssef mohamed

Sep 13, 2015
Thanks for your hard work.?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171109-022902.png
    Screenshot_20171109-022902.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 688

xkeita

Mar 18, 2012
Santiago
So this my @nailyk. over to linage i told LOOOONG ago to provide OTAs for bugfixing on the fly and if changes dont require a new build. @xkeita and his followers blamed on me that this would be to much work. will install this rom from here ASAP. Love ya guys 4 real.

Cool, now don't go back to Lineage and don't tag me again.

tiliarou

Oct 13, 2011
So this my @nailyk. over to linage i told LOOOONG ago to provide OTAs for bugfixing on the fly and if changes dont require a new build. @xkeita and his followers blamed on me that this would be to much work. will install this rom from here ASAP. Love ya guys 4 real.

Although I agree OTA are great, I would suggest not to start flaming by mentioning devs from other ROM/threads in this one if it's detrimental to either one of the dev. No need to put oil on fire... :highfive:

Diewi

Jul 7, 2008
Yep you have to install ROM and gapps together or don't install gapps at all.
Otherwise you have to wipe data because Google services doesn't work properly unless cleanly installed.

MicroG works great as an alternative

The reason for this are the permissions of GApps. If you install them jointly with the rom, all the ones requested from the package will be set automatically. Otherwise, each permission would need to be set manually. This happens since Android N.

Just FYI :)

Reactions: Dobsgw

toddvarg

Mar 8, 2014
This looks like a exciting ROM for the Z3, but before I unlock my bootloader and loose the drm-files for the camera (will make backup of them) I just wan't check how big ,if any, impact will it have on the picture quality?

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
No need to compare to lineage.
Different roms, different roms.

FYI it is almost not possible to provide OTA on lineage because the server side script is not (easly) available.

Cool, OTA works like a charm :cool:. Never update a custom rom so easily.
@nailyk Thank you very much!

Would be nice to see the changelog - I couln't find it...
Yes sorry for that.
We have planned to make OTA world wide accessible and release the rom on the OP at the same time but some personal problem delayed both tasks.
Changelog will be up soon. Sorry for inconvenience.

Last edited:

z3user

May 28, 2017
I'm running OmniROM 7.1 and got offered 8.0 via OTA. Will this work? Or is it not intended? I could try it on the weekend after backing up everything.

Thanks to nailyk, xkeita, et al for their work :good:

Reactions: devil188

TjNiko

Sep 11, 2015
Hi my battery started to drain alot i opened matlog and found this error spamming alot 11-10 13:22:06.370 E/GmsClient(3745): unable to connect to service: com.google.android.location.internal.GoogleLocationManagerService.START on com.google.android.gms
Can i get a hint what todo?

Br4no

Jan 26, 2017

Please do not post such a kind of posts (it can only harm the rom development, cannot help).

If you like one rom stick to it and use it and be thankfull for it. Devs are doing it for free and spending their free time on it.

Reactions: nailyk and okij

z3user

May 28, 2017
You can try then report. If you are encrypted it will not work (tested). But make a backup before ;)

I tried OTA update of version 7.1.1 to 8.0.0, but had to restore my backup.

It downloaded, restarted into twrp, patched the system, restarted, showed boot animation for a minute or so, boot animation disappeared and nothing more visible happened.

Will try 8.0 with clean install the next weeks... (7.1.1 is working well so far)

E-Chan42

Nov 25, 2010
I sometimes get an error where on boot my phone doesn't detect my SIM card.
After one or two reboors "Cell Broadcasts" force closes and then my SIM card is detected and I get signal.
This is with a fresh instalation.

E-Chan42

Nov 25, 2010
How is everybodys battery life here? Mine is pretty bad I can get a solid 5 hours screentime, is there any way to make this better?

marcogiannetta

Sep 29, 2012
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Amazing rom! Pretty much perfect and defo stable enough for a daily driver.

Only noticed a few small bugs: 1. When charging my device, scrolling on chrome gets sticky (swiping up and down a page isn't smooth like normal and scrolls in very small sections) 2. Ambient display doesn't work for me 3. Long pressing WiFi or bluetooth shortcuts in the notification panel doesn't always work and sometimes makes it close 4. My bottom speaker is slightly louder than my top one but both were even on stock marshmallow.

Apart from those minor issues it's perfect, great work and thanks for bringing this to Z3 users.

Also, I have 3 feature requests: 1. Could you please add long press home button to pull down the notification panel in buttons, 2. Add a dark theme for settings and 3. Slide down from the top right to open all quick settings?

Thanks, Keep up the good work!

4-Top speaker is mainly an earpiece (which acts as a loudspeaker too), while the bottom one is a loudspeaker.
That's the correct behaviour of z3 line speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fomnirom.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F11%2Fomnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png

OmniROM
    Android 8.0
    Sony Xperia z3 (all variant)

What is Omnirom?
    A Android custom rom announced at the BABBQ (Big Android BBQ) in late 2013 by @XpLoDWilD, @Chainfire, @Dees_Troy & Team.
    "The goal of Omni is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. "
    For more information go to omnirom's website

Code:
    #include <disclamer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * If you dont like this rom, Stay away from this thread!
    */

TWRP with hardware decryption support can be found here

Usefull Links
    You want to contribute to Omni? CLICK ME
    You want to see the github? CLICK ME
    Omni Wiki LOOK HERE
    Contributors CLICK HERE

Who can use it
    It is only for Z3 (single or dual) and UNLOCKED UPGRADED BOOTLOADERS

How to install

%= Only needed at first flash
    1. % Update ROM to .291 with emma (or Flashtools)
    2. % When install is done go into fastboot mode (plug usb + vol down key = blue led)
    3. % Flash TWRP / If you already are in .291 and have a working TWRP (modded rom/kernel/adv kernel) you can use the flashable zips below instead.
    4. Shutdown the device
    5. Unplug the usb cable
    6. Maintain volume down & power until you see twrp splash screen
    7. % Wipe system, cache and data (factory-reset)
    8. Install rom zip (+
      % gapps if you need it, any size is ok
      %Install root from @phhusson )​
    9. Reboot

Rolling back to stock
    Flash stock rom with emma or flashtool
    If you flash with flashtool remember to check wipe apps_log and userdata partitions to get a clean install
    Stock compatible TWRP

Sources
    Manifest file.
    Everything else is omnirom.
    Contribute gerrit.
    This rom is not pure OmniRom, but close to, for convenience purpose. Roms are build from this script and can contain some lightweight modifications (like mkshrc, or TWRP app disabling, @nailyk certificate authority included, etc...) but will never have heavy changes like replacing an app by another, etc...​

Downloads:
    Latest release
    2018-01-01:
    md5: d6b1929cb7ce4f6c8fbc06d1487cd881
    download mirror
    What's new:
    Switch to OmniRom 8.1
    Full treble device
    Clean camera code
    Reworked devices trees
    Add APTX support
    GPS fixes

Release Timeline

2017-12-10:
    md5:
    download
    What's new:
    Do not forget this update require a full wipe!

2017-11-03:
    md5:
    download

2017-11-01:
    md5:
    download
    What's new:
    Code:
    Restore double tap to wake from 26502 & 26504
    Attempt to fix wifi acess point with 26524
    Enable Messaging app (26526) & FM app (26527)

2017-10-29new:
    md5: 70bf59e28cef54046e7eb4822a95c906
    download
    What's new:
    ^z^z^z
    Let's start again ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    omnirom-oreo-z3, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3

Contributors
    nailyk, Dobsgw
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2017-10-29
    Last Updated 2018-01-01
    good news, a new build is on the way. omnirom settings and other things got fixed.
    2018-03-20-21 release

OTA Coming.
    There is a bug with TWRP booting.
    Ensure you are on the latest bootloader (search this thread or see https://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/general/guide-xperia-z-boot-process-explained-t3359510 )

Partial Changelog
    • Lot of audio changes,
    • Video record fixed (some problems remain, like format, green bar, etc),
    • Some not-fully-tested power patches.

Many thanks to @Diewi (he is totally working alone on shinano as I have no time) and the whole OmniRom team.
    Thanks to @mickybart, @AdrianDC, @rcstar6696, @demon000, @Diewi and everyone else who worked on the video record fixes.

As usual take a backup before flashing (full /system wipe required here),
    Post useful reports (see #3) and enjoy their hard work and countless hours spent on our devices.
    2018-01-01 release

New release added to the OP.
    It should not require a full wipe but as the version changed for 8.1 it could be required in some case.
    * Lot of code cleaning,
    * some fixes about audio, & gps.
    * New issue about 4G connection: you need to connect to a wifi network before it became available (if you do not have nearly trusted wifi, turning on AP works too. )
    * Dual SIM swap problem not tested on this release but should still be present. Logs welcomed :) (actual workaround is full wipe)

So as usual, take a backup before installing ;)

Happy new year :cowboy:

Thanks goes to @Diewi , @mcgi5sr2 , @rcstar6696 , @derfelot , @devil188 , @davze , @Dobsgw !
    How to post
    • Reports without logs or step to reproduce are useless (read contribute).
    • You are welcome to post your review: what is working, not working, etc... Check into know issues before.
    • You are welcome to report any typo, error, etc...
    Try to keep thread clean as a dev reference. Thanks in advance.​

How to report problems
    cat1-1-.jpg
    To report problem, please provide logs.
    It is always better to include reference to the Installed version. This guide is really detailed and explained everything about bug reports.
    If you have any doubts, take the most logs. There is never enough logs ;)

How to get logs
    • If your device is not booting at all, we need information about how you flash and all the handling you do, the display status, light status, and if available a dump of /proc/last_kmesg*
    • If you have a non working peripheral (non-working radio/wifi/etc...) please provide a full logcat and full dmesg, example:
      Code:
      adb reboot
      adb wait-for-device
      adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log
      adb logcat -d > logcat.log
    • If you have a non working app please provide a partial logcat:
      Code:
      adb reboot
      adb wait-for-device
      adb logcat -c
      <launch your app>
      adb logcat -d > logcat.log
    • On this rom, there is a script who detect device at install time and provide the right functions for single or dual sim. If you have modem problems (like data not working or no signal) please also provide the /tmp/recovery.log.:
      If you have ADB access to your device in twrp just use
      Code:
      adb pull /tmp/recovery.log .
      after flashing omnirom.
      If you do not have ADB access use the 'copy to SD' button in the advanced tab, then transfer it the way you like.
    • then upload your files to a service like pastebin.com / paste.omnirom.org

How to contribute
    • Code is like hieroglyphs for me:
    No worries you can contribute anyway! Install the rom, do tests, read failure logs, look at internet for potential fix/similar users experience, is the biggest part of debugging. Then collect all of this and write your results here.
    • Code is like hieroglyphs for me and logs are worst:
    No problem, collects logs the right way if you can, explain how you encounter the problem: detailed step to reproduce could be enough: explain exactly how you encounter the error/problem, it should produce each time someone repeat your steps. Then we will be able to fix it.