• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[DEV][β] OmniROM [Unofficial] [8.1] [D6603/33/53/83] Z3 (Leo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DimaKompot

Sep 30, 2012
Tried to flash rom - got error (as everybody)
Then tried to flash twrp_z3_O_2018-03-18.img from current twrp - it got broken (cannot enter twrp anymore)
Then tried to reflash twrp from fastboot - no luck
Any clue?

Reactions: Thomgeek

grungeman

Jan 27, 2018
I update TWRP with twrp_z3_O_2018-03-18.img , had do this from ADB. But it worked
I flashed the new omni-8.1.0-20180320-z3c-nailyk.zip with no errors in TWRP.
I was unable to load any opengap 8.1 that i downloaded, said something about wrong architeture. But i got the ARM version not the ARM64. So bit puzzled about this as well.

However, even without any gapps the phone is stuck when loading the new image, i just gets the little cute green android man forever.

I also checked with Emma to make sure i had the right bootloader, but im a bit confused about that as well. As far as i understand i am on the latest bootloader. Wish i could post a picture but I didnt write enough here yet so cant be done.

Emma tells me this
Application Software: 23.5.A.1.291 23.5.A.1.291

Boot: 1286-7314 S1_Boot_MSM8974AC_LA3.0_M_3
DRM: Marlin + CKB
Security State: HWC_ShinanoR2_Com_001

Then I got four version to choose from that i can flash i guess.
D5803 23.1.A.1.28 Customized_NCB 1288-5411 R12C User-Live COM Software Update Content Erase Developer_World
D5803 23.4.A.1.200 Customized_NCB 1288-5411 R18C User-Live COM Software Update Content Erase Developer_World
D5803 23.5.A.0.570 Customized_NCB 1288-5411 R11D User-Live COM Software Update Content Erase Developer_World
D5803 23.5.A.1.291 Customized_NCB 1288-5411 R12D User-Live COM Software Update Content Erase Developer_World

I'm really not sure which version to use in Emma

I would be happy for advice!

Thanks!
grungeman

wmg.architect

Apr 2, 2016
Hello.. I am new to this ROM. I like it so much for the first couple of ours, at first I had very laggy performance but after some reboots I is good and smooth enough.

It is little tricky to install it successfully, the new TWRP recovery has issues with gapps. So I went to edit script solution with the old recovery to get gapps.

Now please I need some advices from experienced people with this rom, just for good battery life and good performance. And what about xposed?
Thanks in adcanced

AllCrash

Sep 5, 2012
Not a good idea. The phone hangs and apps FC.
I have Magisk 16 as well and no problems at all

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Hello.. I am new to this ROM. I like it so much for the first couple of ours, at first I had very laggy performance but after some reboots I is good and smooth enough.

It is little tricky to install it successfully, the new TWRP recovery has issues with gapps. So I went to edit script solution with the old recovery to get gapps.

Now please I need some advices from experienced people with this rom, just for good battery life and good performance. And what about xposed?
Thanks in adcanced
I'm using Xposed installed with Magisk 16 and it's working very well. Performances and battery life are good, especially with TjNiko tweaks

brownowski

Nov 5, 2009
I just wanted to report that the new TWRP (twrp_z3_O_2018-03-18.img) doesn't work for me either. If I flash using Fastboot I cannot reboot into recovery anymore until I revert back to twrp_z3_2017-11-21.img.

Strangely, it would seemingly boot if I booted the image file directly with "fastboot boot twrp.img", however the screen stays blank. This is the same behaviour I see if I try to boot the 2017-11-21 img directly too. It does allow me to get into the adb commands this way. I'm not sure why it won't boot if I try to flash it onto the phone.

wmg.architect

Apr 2, 2016
I have little strange issue.. Screen brightness automatically changes to 75% every now and then.. Whatever it was, even with adaptive mode, it turns off and go to 75%!
I don't know is it bug or I messed something up with tweaks from page 64?
I'm still newbie here with this rom :confused:

Ashaman__

Dec 10, 2017
Installed the Open Camera. The photos are saved to SD, but the camera button does not work to launch the application. :confused:
Open camera doesn't work for me. It says that it changed save location, but when I take a photo, it shows a picture in preview bottom right, but when I try to open it, it's just blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.