• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[DEV][WIP][HOW TO] 64-Bit ( ROMs + Kernel + TWRP )

Search This thread

Nikit

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2014
New Delhi
There are several threads on Moto's support site with dozens of people asking for 64-bit on the G4 Plus.
Well we can now run 64-bit ROMs on our device.

The 64-bit architecture is much more streamlined, more energy efficient and much faster.
There's an app compatibility benefit i.e some apps are built to run pretty well or only on 64bit processors.

Well currently we have to run app_process (system server) as 32bit, mainly cause of sensors non working actually with a 64bit system server ( Thanks to @vache for pointing this out )

What will you need:
Downloads Links:

Got a query? Ask in the thread.
Regards

XDA:DevDB Information
ARM64 Development on athene, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
Nikit, rajatgupta1998
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-04-09
Last Updated 2018-11-18

Last edited:

rajatgupta1998

Jan 12, 2015
Shimla
Moto G4 Plus
OnePlus 6
Last edited:

Luis FSS

Dec 24, 2017
There are several threads on Moto's support site with dozens of people asking for 64-bit on the G4 Plus.
Well we can now run 64-bit ROMs on our device.

The 64-bit architecture is much more streamlined, more energy efficient and much faster.
There's an app compatibility benefit i.e some apps are built to run pretty well or only on 64bit processors.

Well currently we have to run app_process (system server) as 32bit, mainly cause of sensors non working actually with a 64bit system server ( Thanks to @vache for pointing this out )

What will you need:
Downloads Links:

Got a query? Ask in the thread.
Regards

Can I flash the TWRP 64-bits in TWRP or I will need a PC?

Reactions: CHETAN 1998

cool_sid

Nov 17, 2013
Guys, what's all this for? Can someone explain?

Ideal thread to ask this question is the Q/A thread and not in development forum but since u have asked it here.

There are two architectures for CPU to run on, 32 bit and 64 bit.
SD617 which athene has supports 64bit also but due to some reason, moto made it run 32 bit

Now @Dreamstar has done an awesome job and made rom which is 64 bit.

Now u can u all apps which run only on 64 bit devices like the google camera with HDR+

Hope this helps. For more details, google is your friend. Its great work, try it.

Top Liked Posts