[DEV][WIP][Unofficial][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Wildfire S (marvel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
If i don't know the correct repos i can't build an AOSP rom

Are you expecting that somebody gives you a big explain of how to build aosp. So you can just copy two or three dependecies patches from somebody else and build it?
Then you're just a builder.

Teta que mano no cubre, no es teta, es ubre.

Reactions: felmaster

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Ok, i'm only a builder.. Do you think i'll learn something if nobody explain me the how to?

Nobody never explaims me how to, I followed instructions from a hundred things, and just asked for the issues I got, but never for a entire explain step by step.

Teta que mano no cubre, no es teta, es ubre.

Reactions: thehacka1

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
There are really hundreds of guides on how to do this. If you make some experiments, you learn faster and won't forget it, but if someone explains you how to do this and that, it'll take both of you a lot of time.
Learning by doing ftw! :D

iH8ra!n

Jul 13, 2012
Cologne
Goodbye!

Hey Guys,
as you may have noticed I didn't submit a new CyanogenMod 10.1 build for two months now as I wasn't able to get another successfully finished build.
Then I removed everything and wanted to set up a whole new build environment on my Laptop. And although I had vacations back then (today's the last day of the summer vacations here in Germany) I didn't have enough time. Then I was on holidays with a friend of mine for a week (26th August - 2nd September) and I didn't have WLAN nor LAN - so no internet. From the 8th September - 21st September I'm in Italy for a 2-week-student-scholarship, so I'll again have no time.
As I'm having a Nexus 4 since January, and I only used my HTC Wildfire S for testing what I've built, I do not feel the motivation to build or develop anything for it anymore.
Taking everything into consideration I came to the decision to not maintain my threads anymore!
It were interesting - 2 - years - I think - here on the XDA developer forum with many instructive moments, arguments and much more!
But I now feel to say "Goodbye!" to my really active time here on XDA and "Hello!" to the time in which I'll enjoy CM's or PA's and also Google's work, and of course the work from Kernel developers, for my Nexus 4.

Goodbye, Guys!

P.S.: I'll close this thread very soon!

Reactions: SeeKai

CyanFrank

Apr 22, 2012
KB
Hey Guys,
as you may have noticed I didn't submit a new CyanogenMod 10.1 build for two months now as I wasn't able to get another successfully finished build.
Then I removed everything and wanted to set up a whole new build environment on my Laptop. And although I had vacations back then (today's the last day of the summer vacations here in Germany) I didn't have enough time. Then I was on holidays with a friend of mine for a week (26th August - 2nd September) and I didn't have WLAN nor LAN - so no internet. From the 8th September - 21st September I'm in Italy for a 2-week-student-scholarship, so I'll again have no time.
As I'm having a Nexus 4 since January, and I only used my HTC Wildfire S for testing what I've built, I do not feel the motivation to build or develop anything for it anymore.
Taking everything into consideration I came to the decision to not maintain my threads anymore!
It were interesting - 2 - years - I think - here on the XDA developer forum with many instructive moments, arguments and much more!
But I now feel to say "Goodbye!" to my really active time here on XDA and "Hello!" to the time in which I'll enjoy CM's or PA's and also Google's work, and of course the work from Kernel developers, for my Nexus 4.

Goodbye, Guys!

P.S.: I'll close this thread very soon!

Goodbye :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Title.png

INFO ABOUT THIS STUFF

DISCLAIMER

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
    * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
    * unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
    * concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
    * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
    * for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh. */[/COLOR]
    This is a DEVelopment-Thread for CyanogenMod 10.1.
    Please only post bugs and possible bug fixes in here or if you're a DEV and you want to work together with us on (stability) improvements for CyanogenMod 10.1! Doubts and questions concerning CyanogenMod 10.1 go into this thread[/B]!

TO-DO-LIST

Fix camcorder
    Fix Video Playback
    Fix WiFi
    Fix Bluetooth
    Fix red borders
    Get GApps working
    Fix camera
    Fix artifacts in camera preview
    Fix panoramic mode
    Fix Photo editing
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2248654
    here is the link for the first build that boots fine and i can see the screen (don't expect wonders, though!)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ij5rdflomp6eb3n

phone works fine, can call and receive
    wifi not working
    bluetooth connects and disconnects
    camera i haven't build it properly

others things need to be tested

personal request:
    please don't post requets for fixes for things not working, as you all know this is still a test version
    Thanks a million arco for your legacy qcom, with out which i don't think we could see the display.
    My mother's phone is back, so I might get my old wfs soon, as soon as it happens I'll make a new CM10 build and if everything goes welll I'll start over CM10 again...

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk 2
    I have got wifi fixed now, will update the build later today for testing

I will update my device repo tomorrow and i have committed missing pixel tweak to arco's git,
    hope he accepts it so will less things to edit for building

next things to work are: accelerometer, bluetooth and camera

What about this:
    Code:
    make: *** [/home/fedor/CyanogenMod/marvel/cm-10.1/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/abcc_intermediates/abcc] Fehler 1
    start fresh again, might help

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

here is the link for wifi fixed build
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jswknsz88fin3ce
    .. I got a build that boots but you can't get past lockscreen. Looks like I have to keep trying.
    I am sorry i got one more question about this -
    you have the screen working and you can't unlock or is it in boot loop??

OK this what I have so far:
    I am using androidarmv6 modded CM10.1 sources
    and using qcom_display_legacy
    I got the build and flashed, but it is black screen after booting (no boot animation).

However i did get feedback from touching the screen, So I have used androidscreencast
    to see if i can get screen cast from phone
    And as i was suspecting it unlocks and shows ui events that i am doing on the touchscreen.
    I could see bootanimation from screencast
    I couldn't test much with lagged and slow screen cast.
    Even changed brightness, but no go
    So good news is CM10.1 boots, so I will try to look around to find a solution.
    If any one has a clue, please let me know.

I took some snapshots and here they are ___