[DEV][WIP]XT532 Bootloader and Fastboot on XT530

Search This thread

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
WARNING: THIS SBF MIGHT HARDBRICK YOUR XT530 AS REPORTED BY ONE OF THE USERS THAT TRIED. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IF YOU HAVE HARDBRICKED YOUR PHONE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

@zhalx and @inyong1 I made compiled a SBF that contains XT532 Bootloader and Fastboot Mode. In some XT530 threads it claims that it can
Code:
fastboot boot
properly and doesn't have problems with flash huge system.img files to /system partition.
As I don't own a XT530, I need any experienced XT530/XT531 users to test it for me.
When you flash the SBF would anyone give me the screenshot of what the phone says when you flash the XT532 Bootloader and also a screenshot of RSD-Lite when you flash the SBF. Thanks.

I've made two test SBF's to see which one works. Please reply and tell me which test works. For e.g. if Test 1 soft bricks your phone then flash back your XT530/XT531 SBF and try test 2.

Instructions:

1. Download the Test 1 and Test 2 attachments.
2. Unzip the SBF out of the zip file.
3. Make sure all Motorola Drivers are installed.
4. Make sure RSD-Lite v5.6 and above is installed.
5. Power down your device.
6. Put your phone in flash-mode by pressing Power Button, Volume Down and Camera button simultaneously.
7. Now flash the Test SBF using RSD-Lite.

NOTE: You will get errors on your screen when you flash the SBF because it doesn't contain the successive MBN's to flash to the phone. Just disconnect the battery and put it back in. If your phone refuses to turn on then flash back your stock SBF.

Attachments

• Test_1_XT532_Fastboot.zip
    254.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Test_2_XT532_Fastboot.zip
    254.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

inyong1

Nov 20, 2012
Bandung
www.for-free.co.nr
I feel happy to know you are still trying for this. I can not try it now because my computer died.
may be suhu @zhalx or some one else.

Btw are you using whatsapp man?

Attachments

• 2013-12-12_05.55.06.png
    2013-12-12_05.55.06.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
@rootdefyxt320 can you build 2ndboot binary for our fire xt530/531. Please.

by the way, what chat application are you using?. I use whatsapp, Catfiz (nic:2ED3D003F4) and ym (ID: upriecs)

Also, my main computer has died so I don't have a Linux system up and running.
2ndboot doesn't work for Qualcomm as it targeted for OMAP. The good thing about Qualcomm BP's is that they can be restarted without panicking, so we can use kexec instead. I got to learn how to compile modules first before moving onto this stuff. Sorry, I don't use a chat application.

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
about my friend phone, still unable to get bootloader mode.
he said before flashing the battery level still 80% remaining.
Now 60% remaining. he checked on his defy mini.
sorry for my english, I hope you understand what I am talking about. hehehe
And I hope you can help my friend.

*** I never this SBF would hardbrick XT530. The only advice I can tell him is to send it off to the service centre :(

aweosomeabhijeet

Oct 4, 2012
Jaipur
next2tech.net
This method hardbricks the device. It is advised not to use it. An IC (maybe software one) breaks and becomes liquid upon flashing. Therefore, the only solution to it is motherboard replacement.

Sent from my C1904 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: THIS SBF MIGHT HARDBRICK YOUR XT530 AS REPORTED BY ONE OF THE USERS THAT TRIED. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IF YOU HAVE HARDBRICKED YOUR PHONE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

@zhalx and @inyong1 I made compiled a SBF that contains XT532 Bootloader and Fastboot Mode. In some XT530 threads it claims that it can
    Code:
    fastboot boot
    properly and doesn't have problems with flash huge system.img files to /system partition.
    As I don't own a XT530, I need any experienced XT530/XT531 users to test it for me.
    When you flash the SBF would anyone give me the screenshot of what the phone says when you flash the XT532 Bootloader and also a screenshot of RSD-Lite when you flash the SBF. Thanks.

I've made two test SBF's to see which one works. Please reply and tell me which test works. For e.g. if Test 1 soft bricks your phone then flash back your XT530/XT531 SBF and try test 2.

Instructions:

1. Download the Test 1 and Test 2 attachments.
    2. Unzip the SBF out of the zip file.
    3. Make sure all Motorola Drivers are installed.
    4. Make sure RSD-Lite v5.6 and above is installed.
    5. Power down your device.
    6. Put your phone in flash-mode by pressing Power Button, Volume Down and Camera button simultaneously.
    7. Now flash the Test SBF using RSD-Lite.

NOTE: You will get errors on your screen when you flash the SBF because it doesn't contain the successive MBN's to flash to the phone. Just disconnect the battery and put it back in. If your phone refuses to turn on then flash back your stock SBF.
    phone my friend died after trying this idea. now can not be detected by RSDlite.
    unable to enter bootloader mode by pressing (and hold) camera, vol(-), and power keys.

can you help him, please.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone