[DEV] [**Working**] Aroma Installer for Galaxy S4

Search This thread

eraste

Aug 5, 2011
Griffin, Ga
www.emblwpdesign.com
So I have always used Aroma Installer for all the flashing of any sorts on my previous 3 phones. I think it makes flashing much easier for devs be it kernel or roms.

This is a quick try for Aroma for our device ( I am pretty sure if we get it to work here it will work with the other Snapdragon S4 versions as well.)

I searched all the different S4 forums and couldn't find a working version of this yet.

Here are my thoughts:

1. I quickly threw this together to try out the concept.

2. I could not get the touchscreen to work but possibly setting
Code:
# ini_set("dp","5");
or using TWRP may fix that (on OUDHS currently)

BUT navigation with volume keys, power, and the capacitive buttons works.

3. My quest with the attached zip was to get the stock kernel for MEA to flash successfully. Fixed it to now flash stock MEA kernel.

4. The loki boot file in addition to the stock modules are already in the proper folders.

5. Basically I am hoping to start some collaboration from people who are more knowledgeable at this than I am and maybe we can get a working customizable installer package for our device to make everyones life a bit easier.

Aroma Homepage http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1461712

Helpful guides

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2223368

Link: Dropbox link

Xda Upload was limiting me due to filesize.

P.s. Mods, if you deem this to be in the wrong section please see fit to relocate.

Thanks guys.

Ok so the only thing you have yet to get to work is touch?

I have made several of these in the past and always had trouble with all recoveries except twrp. I am mobile now so I cant really examine the files.

Tried the zip with twrp that I have installed, touch didnt work.

When I get home ill check em out!

Last edited:

toxicpaulution

Oct 27, 2011
Lykens
Ok so the only thing you have yet to get to work is touch?

I have made several of these in the past and always had trouble with all recoveries except twrp. I am mobile now so I cant really examine the files.

Tried the zip with twrp that I have installed, touch didnt work.

When I get home ill check em out!

Can you please not quote the OP?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

eak1080

Aug 5, 2011
My updater script coding is a bit messy but it works currently.

I have some decent aroma config files for the installer to make it all fancy with tons of options for devs if needed.

With the latest aroma installer it is stated that you should only need touch drivers in your recovery kernel which TWRP has but i cannot get the touch to function still.

eraste

Aug 5, 2011
Griffin, Ga
www.emblwpdesign.com
My updater script coding is a bit messy but it works currently.

I have some decent aroma config files for the installer to make it all fancy with tons of options for devs if needed.

With the latest aroma installer it is stated that you should only need touch drivers in your recovery kernel which TWRP has but i cannot get the touch to function still.

I have tried a few mods and haven't got anything to work yet. I am using TWRP 2.5.0.2. Something is missing keeping it from working. I don't think its recovery related since your using a different one than I and touch doesn't work on either.

Edit: I have downloaded older versions of Aroma ( 2.51, 2.50) and tried to run through calibrating the touch screen with no luck. The touches are not recognized during setup. I'm still tinkering with it but at a loss right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmb03

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone