• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DEV]Xperience G5 Kernel H850

Search This thread

mericon

Aug 18, 2011
Aachen
Xperience G5 Kernel

Code:
#include  
/*  
 * Your warranty is now void  * 
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear 
 * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these 
 * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and 
 * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will 
 * laugh at you. 
 */
Install:
1.) Download the zip file
2.) Make a backup
3.) Flash kernel in TWRP (dont use fastboot because some needed libs wont be copied)
4.) When you disabled the device encryption flash no-dm-verity again

Features:
-
Don't breaks Safetynet when Bootloader is unlocked (rooting will break safetynet)
- more CPU Governors
- TCP congestion Westwood

CREDITS
@alucard_24 - for the very good buildscript and some fixes

Version Information

Compatible Roms: Stockbased Roms only

Download Link:
Klick me Hard

Sourcecode: https://github.com/mericon/Xp_Kernel_LGH850
Created: 11.11.2016
Updated: 24.11.2016
Paused since: 26.11.2016

Statement:

I have to pause the Development for the next time. My work takes to much time for now. I think i will resume in the next year.

Last edited:

mericon

Aug 18, 2011
Aachen
Code:
[U][B]Changelog:[/B][/U]

[U]First Release V 0.1:
[/U]
[B]- [/B]Don't breaks Safetynet when Bootloader is unlocked
[B]- [/B]more CPU Governors ([STRIKE]ElementalX and[/STRIKE] Impulse)
- TCP congestion Westwood (works now)
- sioplus iosched
- Moved core control in to the kernel (should help to save some power)

[U]v0.2[/u]

- Added Zen iosched
- disabled core ctl helper

[U]v0.3[/u]

- Added SIO iosched
- Added FIOPS iosched
- Added Builtin ExFat support

[U]V0.4[/U]
- Disabled Core Ctl
- enabled Core Ctl helper
- Adding Zzmove Governor
- Adding back ElementalX Governor

Last edited:
Reactions: chrcol and Lycidias

mericon

Aug 18, 2011
Aachen
Fluence HD 25 patched over O3 rom with dual boot patcher (updated ramdisk through dual patcher app on primary rom). My guess is its because of my patched ramdisk.

Okay thats could be. Atm im doing a Full fresh install of my Phone and than i will try the dualPatcher. If the patcher is the problem i try to figure out what the problem is but this could take some days.

onestyle007

Nov 14, 2014
Okay thats could be. Atm im doing a Full fresh install of my Phone and than i will try the dualPatcher. If the patcher is the problem i try to figure out what the problem is but this could take some days.
Patcher was the problem. I was to eager to try your kernel and forgot to patch it for Primary ROM. Now it works but I've lost root. No su detected, since I was on systemless root.

onestyle007

Nov 14, 2014
Well i forgot to mention that it isnt a rooted kernel for now :) sorry. But nice to now that the kernel works for you.
Which governor's did you put in? It's cool,flashed already and rooted again. I'm asking since I only get elementalX and impulse as new and seems no Westwood in tcp. Seems I've made a big mess with patching my ramdisk lol.

mericon

Aug 18, 2011
Aachen
Which governor's did you put in? It's cool,flashed already and rooted again. I'm asking since I only get elementalX and impulse as new and seems no Westwood in tcp. Seems I've made a big mess with patching my ramdisk lol.

Atm its only Impulse and ElementalX for CPU and for TCP Westwood should be default for the networking.

Planned are some IO-Sched's and maybe zz_move bigLittle and maybe kcal for now.

Last edited:

onestyle007

Nov 14, 2014

Atm its only Impulse and ElementalX for CPU and for TCP Westwood should be default for the networking.

Planned are some IO-Sched's and maybe zz_move bigLittle and maybe kcal for now.

Got both of them in cpu but have this in tcp, look at the pic. Just a question, but did you consider multirom support at some point?

Attachments

• Capture+_2016-11-11-21-35-41.png
    Capture+_2016-11-11-21-35-41.png
    252 KB · Views: 480

davitox87

Sep 25, 2012
I assume this is for LG roms and not CM or anything else? If I ever move back to stock, I will deff have to test this out. Thanks!

mericon

Aug 18, 2011
Aachen
Got both of them in cpu but have this in tcp, look at the pic. Just a question, but did you consider multirom support at some point?

Than i have to take a look at the westwood problem :) thanks
I will look what i can do for multirom but it will take some time because i didnt work in Development a long time and have to learn it mostly new and on the other side is my work 8 hours a day and my familiy :)

I assume this is for LG roms and not CM or anything else? If I ever move back to stock, I will deff have to test this out. Thanks!

You are right its for LG roms only (i think didnt test if it works with an CM rom and wouldnt recommend it). Maybe when the Kernel is at an stable stage i try to build one for CM.

onestyle007

Nov 14, 2014
Than i have to take a look at the westwood problem :) thanks
I will look what i can do for multirom but it will take some time because i didnt work in Development a long time and have to learn it mostly new and on the other side is my work 8 hours a day and my familiy :)

Same here,trying to find time for tons of projects I've started on my pc. Well I'm pretty new in kernel developing, but if you need help, I learn pretty fast :)

xdaninja

Aug 16, 2008
awesome work!!! any chance we'll see this on h830 as well? really want to get a kernel that will pass the safety net boodloader check

onestyle007

Nov 14, 2014
@mericon
Using your kernel since last night on Impulse governor, really big battery improvement compared to the stock kernel ,and not really losing performance. Great work mate. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperience G5 Kernel

Code:
    #include  
    /*  
     * Your warranty is now void  * 
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear 
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these 
     * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and 
     * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will 
     * laugh at you. 
     */
    Install:
    1.) Download the zip file
    2.) Make a backup
    3.) Flash kernel in TWRP (dont use fastboot because some needed libs wont be copied)
    4.) When you disabled the device encryption flash no-dm-verity again

Features:
    -
    Don't breaks Safetynet when Bootloader is unlocked (rooting will break safetynet)
    - more CPU Governors
    - TCP congestion Westwood

CREDITS
    @alucard_24 - for the very good buildscript and some fixes

Version Information

Compatible Roms: Stockbased Roms only

Download Link:
    Klick me Hard

Sourcecode: https://github.com/mericon/Xp_Kernel_LGH850
    Created: 11.11.2016
    Updated: 24.11.2016
    Paused since: 26.11.2016

Statement:

I have to pause the Development for the next time. My work takes to much time for now. I think i will resume in the next year.
    Next update is up. Changes see second post

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk
    New update is online :) link in the first post is up to date.

For changelog see the second post.
    New build is coming :)

for now i had to remove the ElementalX Governor. I didnt find the error for now but im on it.
    I couldnt reproduce the sdcard issue so i need more Informations (Used Rom, kmsg log, Logcat) hopefuly than im be able to find it.

New things:

- sioplus iosched
    - Moved core control in to the kernel (should help to save some power)

You may see I first try to Save some power (in various ways). Some things like some IO Scheds are on top ;)

Testing my last build now and maybe release it in the next hour.
    Good luck with the development! As soon as the Android 7 code comes out I begin synonymous with my kernel ;)

Viel Glück bei der Entwicklung! Sobald der Android 7 Code raus kommt fange ich auch mit meinen Kernel an ;)