Question Developer binaries for Android 12

Search This thread

AZTimT

Nov 29, 2007
Okay, so you guys probably already found this:

My question is if that could work with the newest update to enable wifi calling with T-Mobile in USA? I love this phone, but I have to get wifi calling to work properly like all my other phones do. I live in the mountains using starling internet and the digits app is unreliable for me but wifi calling works great. I saw a Reddit thread saying that installing the developer binaries on an Xperia 1 II allowed the the wifi calling to be turned on.

Any help toward this goal would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

AZTimT

Nov 29, 2007
And I am posting this from an Xperia 1 III running the 61.1.A.7.35 firmware all stock.

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Feb 3, 2013
Los Osos
Sony Xperia 1 III
Okay after scouring Reddit I found this:
Came across this 9 months later while searching for a resolution to VoWIFI.

Google Fi WiFi calling works on all Android phones, because they don't rely on network-provided VoWiFi. Instead they redirect calls directly within the Android phone subsystem.

AT&T and Verizon enable VoWiFi only on supported devices. T-Mobile VoWiFi should work with any compatible device (and *does* work with the Xperia 1 series if you flash Sony's developer firmware on it), but in the production firmware this seems to be disabled by Sony.
End quote.

So...that's probably why...

AZTimT

Nov 29, 2007
Mine is the North America build. I don't need much from this phone, just working calls, texts and internet for business purposes. No android pay or special stuff. So if the developer binaries could make wifi calling work, it is worth a shot.

AZTimT

Nov 29, 2007
XQ-BC62 is the variant.
So if anyone could point me in the direction of how best to install the devoloper binaries, I will give it a go. It has been many years since I have done custom roms, adb & rooting type of funtivities on my old motorolas, so I am sure there are a few things different with this Sony that I want to do correctly.
Thank you!

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Feb 3, 2013
Los Osos
Sony Xperia 1 III
XQ-BC62 is the variant.
So if anyone could point me in the direction of how best to install the devoloper binaries, I will give it a go. It has been many years since I have done custom roms, adb & rooting type of funtivities on my old motorolas, so I am sure there are a few things different with this Sony that I want to do correctly.
Thank you!

Lol I've been out of the game since I sold my LG V40 just to be told my Galaxy S10 wasn't rootable since it was a snapdragon variant .-.

AZTimT

Nov 29, 2007
So the final working solution turned out to be the round Starlink dish that came with one ethernet port, which feeds into wan port of TP-LINK AX4400 with updated firmware, then feeding into T-mobile personal cellspot via DMZ ethernet port. It took a few hours of blinking lights for the background setup time on the cellspot to download updates but it works fine now with all green lights.

Still no wifi calling, but everything else works like it does in town, including calls through the cellspot without flashing or rooting, so good enough.