• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Developer Menu Application - For WPInternals unlocked phones ONLY

Search This thread

gus33000

Aug 9, 2016
Bordeaux
Some people may have never heard of developermenu.efi, it's an efi application Microsoft mostly uses on test devices which allows you to do many things, here are the main highlights:

Note: if some people have a problem with getting this efi to display something, please use this one: https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/exe-binaries-binaries-w10m-oem-kit-t3476453

• Enter Mass Storage mode directly on the phone without the need of a computer.
  • Delete and dump the UEFI variable storage from the phone (be careful with this you can easily cause problems).
  • Tickle the battery to 0% (useful for re-calibration).

This EFI application is test signed, this means you must run it on an unlocked device.

aotRbwA.png

It's also the latest available (from 15254.158).

You can create a new entry in BCD for a new bootapplication and reference it in the place you did put the efi. You also must make sure you turn on nointegritychecks on it because it's test signed.
For reference here's what Microsoft actually does to BCD when installing it (aside from nointegritychecks):

gO1omNv.png

You must place the files attached in EFIESP\windows\system32\boot\
Provided are also the latest bmpx files which enables graphical status when you're in mass storage (also works when switched using WPInternals).

Attachments

• developermenu.zip
    480.4 KB · Views: 1,797
Last edited:

the_R4K_

Jun 10, 2017
Horki
What doesn't display? The menu or when you enter the mass storage section? That efi should defintely work except maybe on rs2+, didn't check everything but I vaguely remember MS breaking feature manifest policies with rs2.

menu.
I can't say my build because my phone...
I have this configs:
w10m 15254.1(one big part)
winRt(small part in end of drive)
efiesp(maybe different version than system likely wp8...)
But intresting that another file work fine.

FF7CloudsNobody

Aug 11, 2016
So I do have a question on this, it is the 'Reset your phone' inside "About" that we use to open this, right? (running 10586 on a htc one m8, trying to follow your guide on unlocking the bootloader)

update: nevermind, its a hard reset and not a factory reset

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some people may have never heard of developermenu.efi, it's an efi application Microsoft mostly uses on test devices which allows you to do many things, here are the main highlights:

Note: if some people have a problem with getting this efi to display something, please use this one: https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/exe-binaries-binaries-w10m-oem-kit-t3476453

• Enter Mass Storage mode directly on the phone without the need of a computer.
    • Delete and dump the UEFI variable storage from the phone (be careful with this you can easily cause problems).
    • Tickle the battery to 0% (useful for re-calibration).

This EFI application is test signed, this means you must run it on an unlocked device.

aotRbwA.png

It's also the latest available (from 15254.158).

You can create a new entry in BCD for a new bootapplication and reference it in the place you did put the efi. You also must make sure you turn on nointegritychecks on it because it's test signed.
    For reference here's what Microsoft actually does to BCD when installing it (aside from nointegritychecks):

gO1omNv.png

You must place the files attached in EFIESP\windows\system32\boot\
    Provided are also the latest bmpx files which enables graphical status when you're in mass storage (also works when switched using WPInternals).
    Please make tutorial using bcdedit :D
    L630DS work fine but I don't see anythynk, just black screen.
    PS: tried use different devmenu efi(from this post) and it work and display.