Developer Options Does * NOT * Enable

Search This thread

FrumpyElk

Apr 10, 2018
I have a H872 running on 11G. I am not able to enable developer options.

I've done the whole going into "About Phone" and tapping on build, no go.

I've rebooted and that didn't work.
A hard reset didn't work.
Trying in safe mode didn't work.
I've tried a fresh install via the 11G kdz and that didn't work.
I tried QuickShortcutMaker to try to get there and that didn't work.
I tried Nova Launcher's shortcuts option (suggested by someone a couple of years ago, in a post on the G5) and that didn't work.

I've run into a wall at this point and would welcome * any * suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have a H872 running on 11G. I am not able to enable developer options.

I've done the whole going into "About Phone" and tapping on build, no go.

I've run into a wall at this point and would welcome * any * suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, you're sure you tapped the "Build Number" in "Software info" in "About phone" a total of 7 times? Usually I'll just spam it to be safe until it shows that Developer Settings has been enabled as a toast. Developer Options should also just be in the "General" tab in settings about "About Phone".

FrumpyElk

Apr 10, 2018
No luck guys. The USB Debugging option is grayed out (when I go through the dialer). I can't even get to the About Phone screen anymore. I only see two things in the phone's settings - Wifi and Tethering. Nothing else. I can't even shortcut to it.

gnome9er

Oct 16, 2010
langley
twitter.com
for some reason i had this too.. i couldnt select the usb debugging option it was greyed out. so i was trying a whole slew of things then i found myself back at the svc menu enabling port diag so i could mess with some boxes (i was murdering frp) and i thought "why not" and click on LDB and holy cow it wasnt greyed out. can not re-create dont want to but i think it was the port diag thing maybe by turning that on i could also then turn on the ldb thing? i dunno but i broke the hardest frp yet so im smiling.

hightech316

• Jan 27, 2011
    github.com
    I am facing similar issue. Cannot enable USB debugging or OEM Unlock for life of me.

Tried so many tutorials on youtube.

Even dialing *#546368#*872# in the dialer app. "A "hidden menu" comes up and you can turn on usb debugging (SVC/LDB)" . That menu is also disabled for me !

I am doing this in order to bypass FRP, I'm officially stuck.

Any insights or thoughts ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      @FrumpyElk you can try this:
      *#546368#*872# in the dialer app. a "hidden menu" comes up and you can turn on usb debugging (SVC/LDB)
      hope that helps!