Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]

Search This thread

varshil

Sep 4, 2010
mumbai
was a little dissappointed not seeing my name on wishlist :eek:

if no one else does it already, I'll be bringing AOKP to you guys btw :p

I never thought that u ll be buying this, cos u already have a lot of devices to take care of, latest being xperia V! But if u r getting 1, its a great thing! I would like every X10 dev to buy this, cos they r like my second family!

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

varshil

Sep 4, 2010
mumbai
N 1 more thing is that i dont understand how does doomlord gets time for dev? He is in IIM A! Bloody those people have to slogg day and night! N champ, even u r now into engg, so it must be tough fr u too!! But still u guys manage it! Hats off to u guys

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
N 1 more thing is that i dont understand how does doomlord gets time for dev? He is in IIM A! Bloody those people have to slogg day and night! N champ, even u r now into engg, so it must be tough fr u too!! But still u guys manage it! Hats off to u guys

Well here at IIMA the last term of first year is going on... Actually right now the last lecture of first year is about to finish!

Just one more week of exams...

P.S.: sorry for spam

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: gm007 and pongnamu

varshil

Sep 4, 2010
mumbai
Well here at IIMA the last term of first year is going on... Actually right now the last lecture of first year is about to finish!

Just one more week of exams...

P.S.: sorry for spam

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app

Lol, this is not a proper dev thread!! N all the best for your upcoming exams

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Entropy512 has been considering it.
27.jpg

You really should read a thread before posting dude...

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Hello !

As soon as I manage to unlock bootloader, I'll try some custom kernel / rom for this device !

( to allow unlocking the bootloader, I already talked to the operator that has blocked - and I am waiting for response ....need to wait about ~ 14 days !!! )

shem2409

Feb 5, 2013
    Hull
    www.youtube.com
    Hello !

As soon as I manage to unlock bootloader, I'll try some custom kernel / rom for this device !

( to allow unlocking the bootloader, I already talked to the operator that has blocked - and I am waiting for response ....need to wait about ~ 14 days !!! )

There are now methods whereas you can root your device without touching the bootloader. Look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2186368

I have gone through this yesterday. I am on locked but unlockable bootloader but didn't want to loose my warranty so I rooted it without unlocking the bootloader. Everything works great so far.

Thaevil0ne

Jul 26, 2011
    My fav dev is already on this device, DooMLoRD. :)
    <3 Stock rom + DooMLoRD kernel.
    I wonder why no one did sticky his thread yet, hint hint.

Kind regards, Stefan.

Last edited:

JPWOA

Feb 16, 2013
    There are now methods whereas you can root your device without touching the bootloader. Look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2186368

I have gone through this yesterday. I am on locked but unlockable bootloader but didn't want to loose my warranty so I rooted it without unlocking the bootloader. Everything works great so far.

But you can't use another kernel, like DooMLoRD kernel unfortunately :(

JPWOA

Feb 16, 2013
    No you can't. But you can use things like the calibration app or having black nav/statusbar. Which is great btw!

I know! But it's not as great as having costum kernels and having the hability to undervolt your cpu so you can have a longer battery...

I already have the calibration app. How can i get the black bars?

nickporwal

May 6, 2010
    Our phone needs some more love from the developers. I have taken this phone purely because of the open source friendly sony image

nickporwal

May 6, 2010
    I gotta say, I'm very impressed with the Z, it's gonna be fun digging into the kernel sources.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the xperia z forum. If i remembered correctly i have used your kernels in s3......great to have you.

jeroenqui

Mar 22, 2010
    ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
    Great to see another one interested! Good luck and have fun!

I'm eagerly waiting for paranoid android and / or PAC. But take all the time you all need. It's free, so no expectations.

In the mean time I'll try and build those (unofficial) for our device. But I never did this before, so it's going to be a learning process.

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
    Jul 27, 2010
    Pune
    I will be bringing LK to the XZ soon, just been enjoying it too much so far to start messing around

Nice... We don't even need to modify partition layout for that... There is this "LTALabel" partition of 16MB along the FOTAKernel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      AW: Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]

FXP team (and so the CM Xperia Team) will definelty support this devices, just to confirm and you can stop asking via PN ;)

Regards
      Hey all!
      I just bought a Z. So i will jump into the development too ;)
      I gotta say, I'm very impressed with the Z, it's gonna be fun digging into the kernel sources.

Considering? Cody n Entropy are definitely coming.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using XDA Premium app!
      Not definite... As I stated earlier in this thread, it depends on the whole North American availability situation. I hate greymarket imports.

If I may say something about donation drives, I'd like to say something. I'm not against it, but actually I don't really like the concept on the other hand. To be honest it's never quite fair to make a donation drive for only one or 2 developers.

Then some others would feel like they are less important for the community. The developers that really want the device will come eventually most of the time :)

Thanks

I really dislike donation drives. In the long run, it makes things worse off for users. Donation drive recipients are often people who hop devices frequently, and users rarely get their money's worth.

Donation drives make sense when:
      A device has been on the market for a few weeks and there has been a clearly identified roadblock that needs expert assistance. For example, a locked bootloader.
      A device has been on the market for a few months and no one has yet "stepped up".

It's far better to give someone who actually chose to purchase the device with their own money some time to get up to speed than to get a "quick fix" from someone who will probably drop the device after only a month or two, or will shovel something out and then rapidly drop support.
      I am not sure whether you guys know me, cause I work on 2010 Xperias (x10mini, pro and x8). I will develop for xperia z and zl, too :)

Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk 2
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone