[Development and Testing][COMPLETE] Android 11 on Huawei Honor 6x.

Search This thread

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
in fact using a micro SD card make a more short tutorial:

- on a micro SD card, download:
https://xdaforums.com/attachments/twrp-img.5326857/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/fstab.hi6250b.zip/download
https://xdaforums.com/attachments/stock_recovery_ramdisk-img.5321325
system-roar-arm64-aonly-vanilla.img extracted with 7zip from
- insert the micro SD card in your usb debugging enabled Honor 6X (with EMUI 8 or custom rom installed over EMUI8), and connect it to a PC with adb & fastboot

- in adb , "adb reboot bootloader"

- in fastboot, "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk TWRP.img"

- in fastboot, "fastboot reboot"

- after reboot completed, "adb reboot recovery"

- disconnect the honor 6x from the PC

- in TWRP recovery, flash fstab.hi6250b.zip

- in TWRP recovery, Format the data partition {Wipe > Format data > type "yes"}

- in TWRP recovery, wipe > advanced wipe > select system, data, cache and DALVIK and format them.

- in TWRP Recovery Flash system-roar-arm64-aonly-vanilla.img {Install > Install Image > Select > Choose system image > Swipe➡}

- in TWRP Recovery Flash STOCK_RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img {Install > Install Image > Select > Choose recovery image > Swipe➡}

- in TWRP reboot to recovery

- in Stock recovery, wipe cache and factory reset (even if error)

- in Stock recovery, reboot and wait.

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
Found my error, I was flashing the ARM and not the ARM64 system .img !!!!

First boot in AOSP 11 succeded.

I even tried the gapps img, but google setup wizard loops.

As I did flash fstab.hi6250.zip just after TWRP recovery in this last install, I' did checked if AOSP 11 survives the second boot:

gapps img did

vanilla img did

I think you can either change the status of this thread, or open a new one. Wa have an usable android 11 for Honor 6X. The exact process I did follw is quoted at the end of this post.

Still to do:

- test and bug search (let me know what should I try)

- find a nanogapps package to install

-find out how to proceed for system updates

thx for all @Venkata Lochan Nune

Process used to install:
GREAT!!!
we need not look for gapps package. We already have one preinstalled. We can remove setup wizard from twrp file manager. Try it, it should work. And we have alternatives like NikGapps but I've got errors during installation.
OpenGapps android 11 is under testing and is available at source forge. Wait I'll link it in some time.

Attachments

• 563.png
    563.png
    705.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
OK, the gapps img has so to be modified, but as it is a very heavy version of gapps, and then with no setup wizard: I think
it's worth in post 11 providing nanoopengapps from sourceforge, I'll test it today if I find the good ones.

What about update of the system? Just dirty flashing next released img?

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
OK, the gapps img has so to be modified, but as it is a very heavy version of gapps, and then with no setup wizard: I think
it's worth in post 11 providing nanoopengapps from sourceforge, I'll test it today if I find the good ones.

What about update of the system? Just dirty flashing next released img?
Yeah kinda like wipe system again and flash. We can do the same from AOSP 10 too with an addition zip of fstab.hi6250.zip.

Jan 28, 2018
i heartly appreciate your effort on Honor 6x. Recently i heard that there is not much difference between android 10 and android 11. its only my suggestion that should you work on android 12 because android 12 brought big difference against its older version. In my view, if you start working android 12 on honor 6x than your thread survive for long term. if you continue on android 11 then android 11 feel stale when the android 12 hightened us its popularity. lastly i am complete noob on these sort of thing. so , if i make some mistake please forgive me.

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
i heartly appreciate your effort on Honor 6x. Recently i heard that there is not much difference between android 10 and android 11. its only my suggestion that should you work on android 12 because android 12 brought big difference against its older version. In my view, if you start working android 12 on honor 6x than your thread survive for long term. if you continue on android 11 then android 11 feel stale when the android 12 hightened us its popularity. lastly i am complete noob on these sort of thing. so , if i make some mistake please forgive me.
Thanks for your feedback! I actually started working on AOSP 11 with @Djiban after you mentioned about it in the AOSP 10 thread. And anyways, it'll take some time for phh's AOSP 12 builds. So, meanwhile, we are working on this.

And yeah I was the one who mentioned in AOSP 10 thread that there isn't much difference between 10 and 11.

Last edited:

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
let's offer a stable android 11 first. then have a try on 12.

there is some new features and tricks in 12 that might be hard to work natively on 6x I'm afraid

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
Some updates :

We tried to install and testé gapps on phh aos 11. Either with the gapps img, or an test open gapps packages, multiple bugs, gapps are unusable.

We are trying know a fluid rom port based o' android 11, with tested gapps. We'll let you know

• Love
Reactions: Venkata Lochan Nune

VarianWrynn

Jun 21, 2021
Thé reseize done but its say not compatible Android Rom. Wish Rom i was dowload?

Attachments

• 1626002287549794549224.jpg
    1626002287549794549224.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Sep 14, 2017

https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/fstab.hi6250b.zip/download
- insert the micro SD card in your usb debugging enabled Honor 6X (with EMUI 8 or custom rom installed over EMUI8), and connect it to a PC with adb & fastboot

- in TWRP recovery, wipe > advanced wipe > select system, data, cache and DALVIK and format them.

- in TWRP Recovery Flash system-roar-arm64-aonly-vanilla.img {Install > Install Image > Select > Choose system image > Swipe➡}

- in TWRP Recovery Flash STOCK_RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img {Install > Install Image > Select > Choose recovery image > Swipe➡}

Hi there,
thanks a lot for the effort.
I did exactly that, but it loops, any idea? Tried it many times on my BLN-L21
LOS17.1 works flawless on my device right now
I know it's been a while but I would appreciate any help to give that device a final update as it seems :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Djiban

I need your help to test out the same process I've done in post #1 for AOSP 11 but this time along with flashing fstab.hi6250.zip. @Hami_Do suggested this. But I'm not having a spare device to test it out. Please do it when you have some free time.
    Join https://t.me/hi6250group telegram group, there check /notes and find #a11-installation-guide

let's offer a stable android 11 first. then have a try on 12.

there is some new features and tricks in 12 that might be hard to work natively on 6x I'm afraid
    UPDATE : An Android 11 ROM (Fluid OS) has been successfully tested and a new thread was opened. Feel free to use this thread in future if you're working on a different android 11 ROM.

This thread is dedicated for the development and discussions on different android 11 ROMs and GSI's that work on our device.
    Already tested ones : (need fixes and any help is appreciated)
    > @phhusson 's android 11 builds (treble experimentations, v308)
    Issues :
    Works fine on first boot but reboot/subsequent boots are causing bootloops. only fix found is that it is requiring a factory reset with stock recovery on every boot.
    Procedure followed :
    • Boot to recovery from stock emui 8 / any custom one that was installed on emui 8.
    • Factory reset with twrp by typing "yes".
    • push system image with adb to device after extracting it with 7zip from .xz file.
    • Flash system image.
    • Flash stock recovery.
    • Boot to stock recovery and perform factory reset and wipe cache (in a random order, many times for satisfaction 🤣).
    • Choose reboot and wait.
    Fixes tried :
    > Booting fix from @Hami_Do from this thread. This didn't fix the issue but as a side effect, the device stopped booting.
    Conclusion : This is not the right patch for the issue that was encountered.
    > Waiting for others to try out different ROMs/GSI's and inform(post in this thread).
    Builds that can be tried :
    # @DarkJoker360 's builds.
    # Other GSI's
    # Other ones that you know which might work.
    *This thread will be updated with every fix that worked, procedures, ROMs/GSI's and patches used whether worked or not so that development will be easy.
    Thanks to @Djiban for the idea of starting a development thread for accelerating the development.

***Please try out every rom you could (if your willing to) and use different patches and post your observations in this thread so that the development will be active.***
    Feel free to give out your suggestions about different patches that can be tried.
    Some updates :

We tried to install and testé gapps on phh aos 11. Either with the gapps img, or an test open gapps packages, multiple bugs, gapps are unusable.

We are trying know a fluid rom port based o' android 11, with tested gapps. We'll let you know