[DEVELOPMENT] Android 5.1 discussion

Search This thread

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
Hey guys,

we all use and work on different ROMs, be it OmniROM, CyanogenMod or AOSPA. However we all use very similar (if not the same) device trees and for that reason, I have decided to create this thread. Anyone can post test builds, logs, experiences, commits or whatever here without having to clutter other threads or open new ones.

My kernel should be good to go (it is pretty much up to date with the latest CAF upstream of the A-family, which means none of the kernel commits on cm gerrit (android_kernel_sony_apq8064) are required.) I'll be pushing everything I commit here: android_kernel_sony_apq8064.

Looking forward to a successful/effective collaboration guys.

Last edited:

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
Gave SlimLP a go - it boots. Although I didn't test it for long, I did notice that RIL is broken. Everything else should be working. I've used the kernel mentioned in the OP to get it compiled. I'll probably continue working on this on the next weekend.

slimlp.png

Last edited:

SuperHanss

Dec 1, 2012
Norwich
Gave SlimLP a go - it boots. Although I didn't test it for long, I did notice that RIL is broken. Everything else should be working. I've used the kernel mentioned in the OP to get it compiled. I'll probably continue working on this on the next weekend.

slimlp.png

Yeah RIL is broken due to old sepolicies, I haven't had a chance to update them for Lollipop yet. Should be pretty easy though, using either pabx's policies or mako's for reference.

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
Bump (and this goes to everyone using any 5.1 ROM) - just out of curiosity; what kind of random reboots do you guys experience? Hard reboots? Soft reboots? Or something else?
Describe the issues as precise as possible and upload logcat, dmesg and last_kmsg (and mention what ROM build you use)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

we all use and work on different ROMs, be it OmniROM, CyanogenMod or AOSPA. However we all use very similar (if not the same) device trees and for that reason, I have decided to create this thread. Anyone can post test builds, logs, experiences, commits or whatever here without having to clutter other threads or open new ones.

My kernel should be good to go (it is pretty much up to date with the latest CAF upstream of the A-family, which means none of the kernel commits on cm gerrit (android_kernel_sony_apq8064) are required.) I'll be pushing everything I commit here: android_kernel_sony_apq8064.

Looking forward to a successful/effective collaboration guys.
    I have updated the kernel to LA.AF.1.1-01310-8064.0. More CAF upstream coming soon...

slimlp.png
    Bump (and this goes to everyone using any 5.1 ROM) - just out of curiosity; what kind of random reboots do you guys experience? Hard reboots? Soft reboots? Or something else?
    Describe the issues as precise as possible and upload logcat, dmesg and last_kmsg (and mention what ROM build you use)
    Sounds good to me :cool:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone