• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DEVELOPMENT] - CM12.1 - Android 5.1 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 5.1 which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

XDA:DevDB Information
[DEVELOPMENT] - CM12.1 - Android 5.1 - FreeXperia Project, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
jerpelea, Kali-, cdesai
ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2014-12-02
Last Updated 2015-04-13

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
HOWTO

Install instructions:
first time
- power off the phone:
- hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
- fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm zip)
- fastboot reboot
- enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
- flash rom zip
- flash gapps zip
- wipe
- reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

Homepage
www.freexperiaproject.net

sindre2104

Sep 23, 2010
Tau
I havent tried any freexperia roms before, can someone give me a quick tldr of what the difference between this and say, cm12 or aosp is?

Miomjon

Mar 21, 2014
Geneva
The zip is available on the site(although it says 'unofficial'), but it's on uploaded (i.e. very slooooow). :(

Last edited:

Mikey94

Dec 4, 2009
Deggendorf
NO mate no camera even here. I used CM12 unofficial and tryed this one now and no camera even here.

How do i test deep sleep?

Get Cpu Spy pro. Its free in PlayStore. Then make sure, nothing is updating etc. and turn off the screen for some minutes.

Now go into cpu spy and lock for the frequenzies. There must be Deep Sleep at the bottom, under 300 Mhz, when not, its not working....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 5.1 which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

XDA:DevDB Information
    [DEVELOPMENT] - CM12.1 - Android 5.1 - FreeXperia Project, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    jerpelea, Kali-, cdesai
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2014-12-02
    Last Updated 2015-04-13
    Merry Christmas from FreeXperia Team
    HOWTO

Install instructions:
    first time
    - power off the phone:
    - hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm zip)
    - fastboot reboot
    - enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
    - flash rom zip
    - flash gapps zip
    - wipe
    - reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
    Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

Homepage
    www.freexperiaproject.net
    I havent tried any freexperia roms before, can someone give me a quick tldr of what the difference between this and say, cm12 or aosp is?

Freexperia is the team of guys that submit a bunch of stuff to the official Cyanogenmod.
    Basically Freexperia Team are one of the main reasons Sony phones have Cyanogenmod at all.

Many of the threads in this section (mostly by jerpelea) appear to act as some kind of user facing recognition of the behinds the scenes people and their work that is not by Cyanogenmod Inc.

It is partially their code, and perhaps they feel like they should do their own releases and bring awareness to the fact that they exist.
    Without these threads people may blindly think Cyanogenmod Inc. ,AOSP project or other teams and such are the only people putting in effort for kernels and development of Sony phones, while much of that effort is in fact Freexperia.

I would not expect to see many differences between their releases and similar date build Cyanogenmod releases; beyond a different computer built it.
    Incall audio depends on a patch in Cyanogenmod that I think is still not accepted as they are waiting to also correct the issue for Rhine. Infected cherry-picked that patch, it is not part of official Cyanogenmod yet.
    experimental cm12.1 is uploading
    enjoy