[DEVELOPMENT] - CM12.1 - Android 5.1 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

SnowManWales

Jun 5, 2010
Powys
relatively easy question but i am stuck, just put Cyanogenmod 12.1 back on my phone, wanted to a clean brand new install, factory reset from recovery but i still have all my folders in the main directory, went to settings> Backup & Reset> Factory data reset
but after that i still have my old folders in there, am i missing something?

Last edited:

_delice_doluca_

Apr 26, 2011
istanbul
I have this very interesting problem, yesterday I have made a fresh install from stock Sony 5.1.1 to Cm 12.1 4th of September nightly, with open Google Apps. I have 3G working and I can open Web pages, download apps from Play Store etc. However none other app can access Internet correctly. For starters, whatsapp does not work, it is stock at SMS veryfing screen and says no Internet connection after couple of minutes. Facebook, for another example, works but displays no pictures, not even the profile pics; only the news updated. XDA app is not working, stays at xda logo on the beginning.

More interesting thing is that, those connection problems started after I fresh installed and used the phone like 30-45 minutes perfectly without any problems.

I have no WiFi around now, so I can not try it but I could not make any reasonable explanation to what happened either.

infected_

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
OnePlus 8
How do i flash this rom????? I did using flashtool i got a bootloop. Really wna try this rom

* place the phone in fastboot mode.
* grab the boot.img from the latest build and: sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img
* grab latest TWRP for Z3 from here: http://www.infectedbuilds.net/downloads/z3/TWRP/
* flash TWRP: sudo fastboot flash recovery z3fotatwrpv4.img
* reboot into recovery.
* wipe/format /system /data /cache /dalvik.
* flash latest available build, and flash gapps.
* reboot and you're done.

bustr85

Nov 20, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I guess with any other CM build this will also be a show stopper for banking and sky applications - would catch the rooted phone, yeah?
I know it's not entirely relevant but is there a working AOSP build without the sony bloatware that wouldn't be seen as rooted - i.e. could still use the banking apps?

twistedddx

Oct 23, 2010
While i cant use paytv app i can use my banks app including nfc support.

I have tried numerous methods of trying to hide the root from the paytv app, none have worked.

If you have a rooted rom it is unlikely you can use those apps.

bustr85

Nov 20, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
While i cant use paytv app i can use my banks app including nfc support.

I have tried numerous methods of trying to hide the root from the paytv app, none have worked.

If you have a rooted rom it is unlikely you can use those apps.

Thanks for your answer - it looks like I wont be installing any custom rom after all: my phone says "Bootloader Unlock Allowed: NO" - it looks like there is no solution except for some shady website - which I guess I can't link here - in any case it's off topic - I'm frustrated :eek: :mad:

infected_

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
OnePlus 8
Thanks for your answer - it looks like I wont be installing any custom rom after all: my phone says "Bootloader Unlock Allowed: NO" - it looks like there is no solution except for some shady website - which I guess I can't link here - in any case it's off topic - I'm frustrated :eek: :mad:

i ever wondered what are the conditions that the bootloader cant be unlocked. i had a yuga, honami, sirius, and now a leo. all arrived from different places each time, and all with unlockable bootloader.

did you buy you leo on a carrier or have a carrier contract that allows you to have leo for less money, or something like that?

regards.

bustr85

Nov 20, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
i ever wondered what are the conditions that the bootloader cant be unlocked. i had a yuga, honami, sirius, and now a leo. all arrived from different places each time, and all with unlockable bootloader.

did you buy you leo on a carrier or have a carrier contract that allows you to have leo for less money, or something like that?

regards.

It's a Sirius (6503) - and I bought it second hand. According to the person I bought it from it was Originally it was an o2 pay monthly phone and later o2 unlocked the network lock on it. When I received it I've flashed the unbranded firmware i.e. the factory UK version. Surely there has got to be a way though to unlock the bootloader :mad:

infected_

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
OnePlus 8
It's a Sirius (6503) - and I bought it second hand. According to the person I bought it from it was Originally it was an o2 pay monthly phone and later o2 unlocked the network lock on it. When I received it I've flashed the unbranded firmware i.e. the factory UK version. Surely there has got to be a way though to unlock the bootloader :mad:

sorry, i confused the phones, but the question is the same.

about the unlockable bootloader, you wont be that lucky "using normal" Sony methods.... they have nothing to do with it. i think you'll need to speak to the previous operator that made the bootloader unlockable, to see if anything can de done.

regards.

bustr85

Nov 20, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
sorry, i confused the phones, but the question is the same.

about the unlockable bootloader, you wont be that lucky "using normal" Sony methods.... they have nothing to do with it. i think you'll need to speak to the previous operator that made the bootloader unlockable, to see if anything can de done.

regards.
As far as I gathered it's only the manufacturer that can unlock it. Here is a lengthy discussion http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Androi...Will-O2-unlock-bootloaders/td-p/760525/page/4

thethorgrin

Jun 4, 2012
Wolfsburg
The MAC address bug seems to be back. cm-12.1-20151002 is unaffected, cm-12.1-20151003 has the bug (Wifi MAC is 00:90:4c:c5:12:38 on every phone/tablet)

Edit: fixed in today's build

Last edited:
Reactions: jonjjoe

itsnie

Mar 24, 2014
@jerpelea i can't boot to fota-recovery with 20-10-2015 nightly, i have try many method to boot to fota-recovery but always boot to cm-recovery, please give me a solutions, thangs

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 5.1 which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

XDA:DevDB Information
    [DEVELOPMENT] - CM12.1 - Android 5.1 - FreeXperia Project, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    jerpelea, Kali-, cdesai
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2014-12-02
    Last Updated 2015-04-13
    Merry Christmas from FreeXperia Team
    HOWTO

Install instructions:
    first time
    - power off the phone:
    - hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm zip)
    - fastboot reboot
    - enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
    - flash rom zip
    - flash gapps zip
    - wipe
    - reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
    Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

Homepage
    www.freexperiaproject.net
    I havent tried any freexperia roms before, can someone give me a quick tldr of what the difference between this and say, cm12 or aosp is?

Freexperia is the team of guys that submit a bunch of stuff to the official Cyanogenmod.
    Basically Freexperia Team are one of the main reasons Sony phones have Cyanogenmod at all.

Many of the threads in this section (mostly by jerpelea) appear to act as some kind of user facing recognition of the behinds the scenes people and their work that is not by Cyanogenmod Inc.

It is partially their code, and perhaps they feel like they should do their own releases and bring awareness to the fact that they exist.
    Without these threads people may blindly think Cyanogenmod Inc. ,AOSP project or other teams and such are the only people putting in effort for kernels and development of Sony phones, while much of that effort is in fact Freexperia.

I would not expect to see many differences between their releases and similar date build Cyanogenmod releases; beyond a different computer built it.
    Incall audio depends on a patch in Cyanogenmod that I think is still not accepted as they are waiting to also correct the issue for Rhine. Infected cherry-picked that patch, it is not part of official Cyanogenmod yet.
    experimental cm12.1 is uploading
    enjoy