Development Development for the Cricket Dream 5G

Search This thread

Josephdbrewer25

Aug 8, 2014
Bainbridge, ga
For starters, there's no thread for this device and I wasn't sure where to put it.

Secondly, me and a friend have been tinkering around with the Cricket Dream 5G and have successfully unlocked the bootloader and obtained root access. Unlocking the bootloader was the easy part. Anyways we've made a full device backup before rooting. I have a magisk patched boot.img. Just unlock the bootloader, flash the patchedboot.img and install magisk. There you go, you have root

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

⚠️⚠️DO NOT FLASH A MODIFIED SUPER.IMG IT WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE ⚠️⚠️ You can, however modify your system, like removing or adding apps.
I bricked mine because I flashed a modified super img. It's stuck in preloader. Still learning this dynamic partition scheme, it's weird

Full backup on Google drive currently, gonna be moving to mega=>
https://mega.nz/folder/UARQCD6I#8CSNy43GWo6XjEKk_mlldw
Links below, all links are thru mega

Original boot=> https://mega.nz/file/JBAhHSTQ#Aw-GQQ6-StdNAhLsu0vdonNDXcBo4wXI8xEalQ99X2Y

Original boot is in bin format but magisk recognized it and patched it.

Patched boot.img=> https://mega.nz/file/hEJjlaxI#e2DdzvNkq1421uESaSQR4ZP_-CHvt6I_IDCEpyYDZqA

And an app for the magisk modules, not my work, only sharing=> https://mega.nz/file/VAQR0ARI#IUT42ycW5bbb8xVSDhDthREJzr1GEd5WHW0xZbkE8Ts

Also, relocking the bootloader after flashing the patched boot img, it will say there's no OS installed. It's still there. Just unlock it and it'll boot. Not sure why. I believe it's the secure boot being on

Just send a message on here if links are broken
If enough people are on this maybe we can get a working twrp 😁😁

Update: twrp available here => https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/development-for-the-cricket-dream-5g.4414603/

If anyone uses gpay, unlocking the bootloader will break it. But I know a workaround if anyone wants it.
@Welkwo is behind the twrp process.
My post is just a guide, really.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DrScrad

DrScrad

Thank God! I have numerous phones but for some reason, I have my main number through a sim card thast's unfortunately tied into this phone.. I have been searching online for the stock firmware for this p;hone for a long time with no conclusive results, so upon my search for it this morning, I came acrfoss your post and I almost craped my pants. Thank God.. noot for the almost crapped pants, but for the efforts of you and your friend.. Thank you so much.

Reactions: Drizzydraco

DrScrad

Is it not completely slow as **** to you?! It's nowhere near what my OnePlus 5T , Redmi Note 8 nor Motorola Ace One can do nor did I expect it to be but God damn it's just super slow to me..

By the way should I flash boot_a and boot_b in fastboot because when I did the first time when I booted back up it kept making Google framework stop responding

DrScrad

We are also working on a TWRP for the device. We can get it to boot but it doesn't recognize the partitions. I absolutely love the cricket dream 5g
Nevermind.. I retract m yprevious statement.. I just got root and I'm blown away at the sactual speed of this phone. It's such a night and day fgucking difference betweeen having root and not.

Reactions: Josephdbrewer25

Josephdbrewer25

Aug 8, 2014
Bainbridge, ga
Sorry I've been absent. My work has me drained and I've bricked my dream 5g. I messed with my super partition and it is stuck in preloader.

Also I only flashed the boot for the current slot via fastboot

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
I've got me a new phone so I'll be experimenting again. Just don't flash a modified super img. I messed mine up when I did 😂
We are also working on a TWRP for the device. We can get it to boot but it doesn't recognize the partitions. I absolutely love the cricket dream 5g

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
I'll get back with you. Currently at work. I think it's this file in the I've attached but I'm not sure
I not need that. but anyone need permission access.
Yeah. Your point? That's the friend working on twrp 🤣🤣
Okay. But the DT in the github is your.

I need access of DT for help and if you or users need help about TWRP improvements. Looking my post about collaborator.....

UPD: I donwloaded your bot_a.bin (I need time for donwload super...img file) and I'm working with that to process informations & simple DT. I prefer collaborator than creating new DT in the github. But if I not receive any answer here so i go create new DT in the github and compiled TWRP file for anyone test.
The question now is: Who is the tester?

UPD1: super_backup_2022-03-10_02-34-47.img from MEGA is not good. 3 times trying donwloading file..... Can you put that as zip file in the GDrive?

UPD2: The super.img file was downloaded.

I need some informations from device. But at this point I'll write in the TWRP Cricket Dream 5G thread. .

If someone can put informations so answer in that thread.

Last edited:

m5kro

Apr 24, 2022
Not sure if I should post here or at the TWRP thread but I think I've fixed the problem with being stuck at preloader after flashing modified super img. I got it to work by flashing the modified super img, locking bootloader and unlocking bootloader.

Can someone else also verify that this works?

Edit: Nvm I've been flashing the wrong super img

Last edited:

thomsfell

May 12, 2022
Kinda new to this, but I have a problem I am hoping someone knows about...I unlocked bootloader then i entered the fastboot flash command ...my phone died, as in shut off, power button does nothing, plugging it in to the computer does nothing, and charging does nothing. Thoughts? I'm assuming its dead? Thnx for listening lol

correction, i entered fastboot reboot fastboot

Last edited:
May 1, 2017
Williams, AZ
You know what? IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHIN'! I just got a Cricket Dream 5G for free (promo) and the bloody thing won't read a Micro SD card unless it's formatted to Fat32. Which means the largest card it'll use is a 32gb card. I mean WTH? I've never seen anything like this. If I put in a card formatted to exFat or NTFS it says it's corrupted. A Fat32 card is fine. Anyone else run across this? Just another X-File conspiracy against me.

thomsfell

May 12, 2022
so...no one knows anything??? anyway to fix this??? i noticed when plugged into computer it makes the connecting noise followed by disconnect noise a few minutes later, and button combos seem to change the timing of said noises but nothing shows up under adb or fastboot devices....help!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to go up a few posts and see where they told me to use mtkclient. open mtkclient and then hold volume up and volume down simultaneously and while holding those buttons, plug in your phone.. it should register.
    just for clarification, to get to brom: From device powered off, run mtkclient and then plug device into pc only holding vol-
    For starters, there's no thread for this device and I wasn't sure where to put it.

Secondly, me and a friend have been tinkering around with the Cricket Dream 5G and have successfully unlocked the bootloader and obtained root access. Unlocking the bootloader was the easy part. Anyways we've made a full device backup before rooting. I have a magisk patched boot.img. Just unlock the bootloader, flash the patchedboot.img and install magisk. There you go, you have root

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

⚠️⚠️DO NOT FLASH A MODIFIED SUPER.IMG IT WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE ⚠️⚠️ You can, however modify your system, like removing or adding apps.
    I bricked mine because I flashed a modified super img. It's stuck in preloader. Still learning this dynamic partition scheme, it's weird

Full backup on Google drive currently, gonna be moving to mega=>
    https://mega.nz/folder/UARQCD6I#8CSNy43GWo6XjEKk_mlldw
    Links below, all links are thru mega

Original boot=> https://mega.nz/file/JBAhHSTQ#Aw-GQQ6-StdNAhLsu0vdonNDXcBo4wXI8xEalQ99X2Y

Original boot is in bin format but magisk recognized it and patched it.

Patched boot.img=> https://mega.nz/file/hEJjlaxI#e2DdzvNkq1421uESaSQR4ZP_-CHvt6I_IDCEpyYDZqA

And an app for the magisk modules, not my work, only sharing=> https://mega.nz/file/VAQR0ARI#IUT42ycW5bbb8xVSDhDthREJzr1GEd5WHW0xZbkE8Ts

Also, relocking the bootloader after flashing the patched boot img, it will say there's no OS installed. It's still there. Just unlock it and it'll boot. Not sure why. I believe it's the secure boot being on

Just send a message on here if links are broken
    If enough people are on this maybe we can get a working twrp 😁😁

Update: twrp available here => https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/development-for-the-cricket-dream-5g.4414603/

If anyone uses gpay, unlocking the bootloader will break it. But I know a workaround if anyone wants it.
    @Welkwo is behind the twrp process.
    My post is just a guide, really.
    Thank God! I have numerous phones but for some reason, I have my main number through a sim card thast's unfortunately tied into this phone.. I have been searching online for the stock firmware for this p;hone for a long time with no conclusive results, so upon my search for it this morning, I came acrfoss your post and I almost craped my pants. Thank God.. noot for the almost crapped pants, but for the efforts of you and your friend.. Thank you so much.
    Nevermind.. I retract m yprevious statement.. I just got root and I'm blown away at the sactual speed of this phone. It's such a night and day fgucking difference betweeen having root and not.
    yooo... are you guys just needling the scatter to make a twrp recovery?