Development for the one x...

Search This thread

aranab

Dec 22, 2011
So as we all know the Galaxy S3 is due to be released this month and is the One X's primary competitor. Seeing how much support the s2 got in the development section, I'm starting to wonder whether the one X will slow down in that regard with development for the s3 being the main focus on XDA or do HTC devices have a good following?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

TommUK

Feb 14, 2012
Essex
So as we all know the Galaxy S3 is due to be released this month and is the One X's primary competitor. Seeing how much support the s2 got in the development section, I'm starting to wonder whether the one X will slow down in that regard with development for the s3 being the main focus on XDA or do HTC devices have a good following?

Sigh.

aranab

Dec 22, 2011

No need to waste time with a useless reply. My question was a serious one since i prefer having variety when it comes to how i can use my one x.
Thanks for the effort...

P.S. if you look at the GNexus forums you'll see that there isn't much going on there compared to what there should have been etc.

Reactions: nis-gens

tkolev

Sep 26, 2008
Sofia
No need to waste time with a useless reply. My question was a serious one since i prefer having variety when it comes to how i can use my one x.
Thanks for the effort...

P.S. if you look at the GNexus forums you'll see that there isn't much going on there compared to what there should have been etc.

Maybe he doubts the seriousness of your question because asking on XDA if an HTC flagship device is going to have strong developement section is like asking the Vatican if the pope is catholic.

Nubzori

Apr 25, 2011
Maybe he doubts the seriousness of your question because asking on XDA if an HTC flagship device is going to have strong developement section is like asking the Vatican if the pope is catholic.

:D Yup, One X hasn't been long and theres bunch of activity already in the development section.

SGS2 has crazy development support? Lmfao and my friend has it, he's too afraid to "root" and screw his device. Tsk Tsk, he's losing alot :rolleyes:

aranab

Dec 22, 2011

:D Yup, One X hasn't been long and theres bunch of activity already in the development section.

SGS2 has crazy development support? Lmfao and my friend has it, he's too afraid to "root" and screw his device. Tsk Tsk, he's losing alot :rolleyes:

Lol I've only been around the s2 sections beforehand (and in fact I did mess up mine initially)

TommUK

Feb 14, 2012
Essex
Thanks for the effort...

Lol, I don't mean to be an Arsehole.
It's just you could have had a look around the HTC development section and then the Samsung Development section then come to your own conclusion.

Samsung has their Devs, we have ours, and a lot of the HTC devs have moved on to the one X, plus it's only been out 4 weeks and we're already seeing good development.

The only issue is not having S-off or kernel source from HTC.

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Development will be fine, take a look at the other HTC phones. They are just as popular as the Samsung counterparts. Once S-OFF is achieved and kernel sources drop watch the place buzz.

mremolt

Dec 29, 2010

Just have a quick look at the Sensation forum here. From a sales point it was less successful than the S2, but look at the number of actively maintained roms. Not to mention the number of posts in the top threads (68k on revolution for example ).

There will be enough dev interest for HOX for quite a while, but that's just my guess.

Johnny0906

May 30, 2011

Hahahahahaha! Priceless! And also there are 1 BILLION chatolics on earth :D

I honestly think that the HTC is better! The camera blows the GS3 away.

And honestly when I saw the specs I was very surprised and disappointed, they basically used the same specs as the GS2 but with dual core and some silly finesses.

Ok the battery is large but the difference is not gigantic to 1800mah (HOX batt).

I WOULD still buy the GS2 over the GS3 as I do no see much improvements on the GS3... And if I own an HTC One X then forget about it.

I would just like to see the picture compression change on HOX and not be limited to 3MB.

Peace.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the effort...