• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development halted until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
Due to family issues and major unfortunate changes in our home/life I no longer have time to work on free software. This project is discontinued until further notice. If you have re-hosted/mirrored/uploaded my software elsewhere please remove it. Thanks.

MODERATOR EDIT - LINK REMOVED.

Thanks to those that have donated, you may continue to receive support I know who each and everyone of you are :)

*****Donators*****
So many thanks to you, a nice cold beer really helps motivate me! Cheers to you!! You totally $#@!&* ROCK!!
@KevKan, @toenail_flicker, @JonSCSL, @ssuraj83, @hockeyfan24, @kebsr, @midmofan, @eoniverse

Thanks to those who have donated ;) It's because of you development continues!

***6/14/15***
Development discontinued till further notice.

***4/16/15***
Initial T-Mobile hotspot auth bypass testing, Update GT.ini dialog prompt added , other things I've forgotten, some code cleanup.

***3/15/15***
Fixed broken "Enable Native Hotspot" seems I had broken it while cleaning and commenting my code. Please don't use 3.1.1, that "should" be the only thing that broke in it though. +10 internets to @eugene159 for noticing I broke it XD

***3/12/15***
So much added. Reversed PhoneUtil and USBSettings from IOTHiddenMenu and implemented it in GT, Added more feature config files to edit in "CSC Feature Settings" CHECK THEM OUT!!! Other changes I've likely forgotten about lol, sorry. Check for yourself.
***2/22/15***
Hotspot compatibility with boost added. GT.ini changed now button and command need to be seperated by ,gtbutton, "click *EDIT GT.ini* press restore golden backup and restart GalaxyTools" or manually fix your custom ini.
Some other small changes.
***2/11/15***
Fixed hotspot enable on android L, other changes.... **[NOTE]: changing build type on my phone enables more verbose output, that said I'm using the NAB engineering bootloader and haven't tested it on a stock bootloader, I'll remove this note once I've tested it out on more devics[/NOTE]
***1/17/15***
Missed a check to see if /GalaxyTools folder on internal storage was created, thanks @bgmg
***1/16/15***
GTini added, now you may customize many of the shortcuts in GT, ini file is UTF-8 format, use the built in editor or if editing on PC I recommend Notepad++ I'll get more info on my website tonight most likely with some examples etc.
Each line will be a button(list item actually) and is formatted as such
Code:
button name,process or activity or shell code
then add another line for the next one.
***10/22/14***
added hosts and build.prop editor, added more toggles. Display usb state. Other small changes.
***10/12/14
Hotspot now supports EVERY Sprint Galaxy phone!
***10/6/14***
Add root check and su version check
populate "Force wifi_ap max users: with current max
Add option to "Clear Prefered APN" (Check this when you use "Enable Native Hotspot" if you want to clear the prefered apn setting.) NOTE: On s3 It is fine to just reboot. For note 3 It is required to use "Enable Native Hotspot" one more time after reboot WITHOUT Clear Prefered APN checked and reboot again for the prefered apn to reset itself. (Untested on models other than these as we don't have them on hand to test) Only use this if you seem to not be able to get hotspot working after one or two tries/reboots
Add icons(prep for play store)
***9/32/14***
Enable user to increase wifi_ap users beyond 8
***9/22/14***
Add S5 Sport
fixed IOTHIDDENMENU launching for note3 4.4.4
add bypass model detection for users to try enabling hotspot for more samsung phones
***8/25/14***
Added standard S4
***8/23/14***
Support for S4 triband
***8/17/14****
change sales code and mps code added.
factory mode and keystr toggles added.
next update will have partition backup options.
***8/13/14 again***
Fixed some duplicate toggles
***8/13/14 update***
Added one click toggles, no need to reboot
other minor changes
***7/17/14 update***
added model detection to only support s3 and note3 hotspot untill I have database files from s4 and s5
***7/16/14 update***
Now signed and zipaligned (sorry you will have to uninstall previously debug signed apk)
added option to restore backup
added option to do hfa (will scrtn and run hands free activation) no data/files will be lost this just pulls your network settings from sprint.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimzweb1

Nov 13, 2010
Great work !!! This gets you into all the hidden menus, logcats, and test Features !!! :D:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::D

jimzweb1

Nov 13, 2010
What does Restore Via HFA mean? Also when I do a VerifyCSC it fails? Any ideas as to why? Now I'm running stock rooted 4.4.2 NC5 on my Note 3.

Last edited:

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
...Also when I do a VerifyCSC it fails? Any ideas as to why? Now I'm running stock rooted 4.4.2 NC5 on my Note 3.

csc verify will tell you why it fails. Likely browser bookmarks changed, contacts in phone book, calander etc... To pass you almost need to have just done factory reset, or ran Preconfig. Also quick update to protect users till I have files from more models.

Till then only s3 and note 3 can use the hotspot enable.

MikeyLee

Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix
Made an apk for people with root but no msl/spc to enable hotspot.

Works on sprint note 3 stock firmwares and tested on s3 as well. (Likely good for any sprint stock touchwiz) If you have a samsung device with "SPRINT SPARK" Let me know and I can likely add compatibility just need a file or 2 from you. Also need files from s4 and s5.

attachment.php

It will backup your original telephony.db to root of sdcard, (option to restore backup or hfa restore option too)
Other menus added cause why not.

After clicking the button for hotspot apns will open. recheck one to get data going or just reboot phone.

Enjou guys.
***7/17/14 update***
added model detection to only support s3 and note3 untill I have files from s4 and s5
***7/16/14 update***
Now signed and zipaligned (sorry you will have to uninstall previously debug signed apk)
added option to do hfa (will scrtn and run hands free activation) no data/files will be lost this just pulls your network settings from sprint.

What files do you need from the S5? I'm on Sac's S5 ROM for the Note 3

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
What files do you need from the S5? I'm on Sac's S5 ROM for the Note 3

From a stock touchwiz firmware (do profile update before grabbing it)
/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

Thanks in advance!

Please note that I would like it from a real s5. s4, note 2, galaxy mega, any sprint touchwiz really(note3 and s3 I have already as previously stated) If you have some other type sprint phone and want native hotspot enabled please pm me, that is if you don't mind testing something +have root.

Last edited:

evilvoice

May 4, 2008
Conyers GA
for some reason, using this tool does not let me edit APNs. I can see what APN I am currently using, but it doesn't let me edit. If I use the dialer to ##data#, I can edit the APN in there. Just thought I would let you know. Great tool. Obviously, you can goto the HiddenMenu and use it to ##data# for you and go from there, but you need MSL.

Reactions: g13509

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
for some reason, using this tool does not let me edit APNs. I can see what APN I am currently using, but it doesn't let me edit. If I use the dialer to ##data#, I can edit the APN in there. Just thought I would let you know. Great tool. Obviously, you can goto the HiddenMenu and use it to ##data# for you and go from there, but you need MSL.

I have just noticed the same problem after I flashed a stock tar and did ##rtn# to fix some weird usb tethering problem that seems to happen after forcing lte. I had the usb tethering problem before and never solved what fixed it for me. Flashing with odin didnt fix, so some bit in nv or something gets flipped with the force lte that messes up usb tethering. ##rtn# did fix it... but without taking the time to compare before and after to locate the problem it is not an optimum fix. (I dont know anykne else who has had this issue though)

But on to what I was saying, I didnt have this problem with apn wanting msl before and can't remember what I did to fix it. If you go into DM Manager and click apn there (without having gone in to DATA>Edit>enter msl>apns since reboot) It will give same view of selected apn but not editable.

Either way I will find the fix(before it was always editable for me without having to go ingo data and enter msl) or add my own apn editor(or possibly figure arguments apn edit takes...less likely but I might take a look)... as stock defauld behavior seems to open apns in viewing only selected(or maybe just prefered apn) untill msl has been entered then apns open editable from samsung dm manager and my app.

tl;dr
I'll sort that out no worries.

And some new features comming as well.

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com

Had a min to check and found the fix to bypass msl requirement for apn edit.(Clicking enable hotspot changes them for you)
But the fix is changing your sales_code.dat in /system/csc/ I just used QCM. You could put anything.
After reboot click APNs button on the app and they will open editable.

Changing /efs/imei/mps_code.dat from SPR to something else will add dial up networking option on second page of DATA right under LTE APN Settings.

To guy with gps lock issues sorry man I almost never use GPS and only have read problems from people on custom roms. Best of luck to you.

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
Doesn't work for me, Sprint note 3 stock rooted.

After clicking any button just sets there in till,

not responding Wait or Close, pops up.

What's the "Secret_Code??" tried MSL, just freezes.

You must not have root?(or "debloated" the required apps?) or have some superuser manager app blocking execution of su.
If you want hotspot and dont have root but have your msl I have posted a thread in the general section on how to enable it with only your msl.

For secret code there are too many to list. All the dialer codes plus many others that are text not numbers, app needs root to do it though.

Last edited:

R1000

Jan 19, 2014
Mine don't work I have root saying I dnt have permission to use service

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

R1000

Jan 19, 2014
Pressed pre-configured by accident factory reset hggggh good thing for backup

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

neudof

Nov 24, 2008
Mayer, MN
The development for this phone is awesome!

Towelroot, supersu, and this had me rooted and running on hot spot in less than 5 Minutes from stock...

Thanks OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to family issues and major unfortunate changes in our home/life I no longer have time to work on free software. This project is discontinued until further notice. If you have re-hosted/mirrored/uploaded my software elsewhere please remove it. Thanks.

MODERATOR EDIT - LINK REMOVED.

Thanks to those that have donated, you may continue to receive support I know who each and everyone of you are :)

*****Donators*****
    So many thanks to you, a nice cold beer really helps motivate me! Cheers to you!! You totally $#@!&* ROCK!!
    @KevKan, @toenail_flicker, @JonSCSL, @ssuraj83, @hockeyfan24, @kebsr, @midmofan, @eoniverse

Thanks to those who have donated ;) It's because of you development continues!

***6/14/15***
    Development discontinued till further notice.

***4/16/15***
    Initial T-Mobile hotspot auth bypass testing, Update GT.ini dialog prompt added , other things I've forgotten, some code cleanup.

***3/15/15***
    Fixed broken "Enable Native Hotspot" seems I had broken it while cleaning and commenting my code. Please don't use 3.1.1, that "should" be the only thing that broke in it though. +10 internets to @eugene159 for noticing I broke it XD

***3/12/15***
    So much added. Reversed PhoneUtil and USBSettings from IOTHiddenMenu and implemented it in GT, Added more feature config files to edit in "CSC Feature Settings" CHECK THEM OUT!!! Other changes I've likely forgotten about lol, sorry. Check for yourself.
    ***2/22/15***
    Hotspot compatibility with boost added. GT.ini changed now button and command need to be seperated by ,gtbutton, "click *EDIT GT.ini* press restore golden backup and restart GalaxyTools" or manually fix your custom ini.
    Some other small changes.
    ***2/11/15***
    Fixed hotspot enable on android L, other changes.... **[NOTE]: changing build type on my phone enables more verbose output, that said I'm using the NAB engineering bootloader and haven't tested it on a stock bootloader, I'll remove this note once I've tested it out on more devics[/NOTE]
    ***1/17/15***
    Missed a check to see if /GalaxyTools folder on internal storage was created, thanks @bgmg
    ***1/16/15***
    GTini added, now you may customize many of the shortcuts in GT, ini file is UTF-8 format, use the built in editor or if editing on PC I recommend Notepad++ I'll get more info on my website tonight most likely with some examples etc.
    Each line will be a button(list item actually) and is formatted as such
    Code:
    button name,process or activity or shell code
    then add another line for the next one.
    ***10/22/14***
    added hosts and build.prop editor, added more toggles. Display usb state. Other small changes.
    ***10/12/14
    Hotspot now supports EVERY Sprint Galaxy phone!
    ***10/6/14***
    Add root check and su version check
    populate "Force wifi_ap max users: with current max
    Add option to "Clear Prefered APN" (Check this when you use "Enable Native Hotspot" if you want to clear the prefered apn setting.) NOTE: On s3 It is fine to just reboot. For note 3 It is required to use "Enable Native Hotspot" one more time after reboot WITHOUT Clear Prefered APN checked and reboot again for the prefered apn to reset itself. (Untested on models other than these as we don't have them on hand to test) Only use this if you seem to not be able to get hotspot working after one or two tries/reboots
    Add icons(prep for play store)
    ***9/32/14***
    Enable user to increase wifi_ap users beyond 8
    ***9/22/14***
    Add S5 Sport
    fixed IOTHIDDENMENU launching for note3 4.4.4
    add bypass model detection for users to try enabling hotspot for more samsung phones
    ***8/25/14***
    Added standard S4
    ***8/23/14***
    Support for S4 triband
    ***8/17/14****
    change sales code and mps code added.
    factory mode and keystr toggles added.
    next update will have partition backup options.
    ***8/13/14 again***
    Fixed some duplicate toggles
    ***8/13/14 update***
    Added one click toggles, no need to reboot
    other minor changes
    ***7/17/14 update***
    added model detection to only support s3 and note3 hotspot untill I have database files from s4 and s5
    ***7/16/14 update***
    From the Moderator

To all in this Thread ........... Compensation for any services rendered here is not allowed........... Period ........... No Exceptions, read Rule #8

If the op has a family emergency that all of you kind hearted people feel the urge to help him financially,

Then, By all means, Do it in G + NOT HERE ... make a "GO Fund ME" or something like that to help him.....

..........THIS IS NOT THE PLACE...........

Furthermore, rude, disrespectful behavior ...... well all that gets you is infracted or a vacation ......

Since there is no more Development being done on this thread and since the links have been removed,

..............THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED............
    Just used your app yesterday on a G925P i picked up to flash to my boost mobile account (pain in the ass but its working). Couldn't have gotten the SPC without it. Tried other methods as well as looking through a catlog after enabling seclog and setting the debug level to high. Nothing. Got your app and received it promptly. Cant praise the app enough. Im impressed with the programming and understanding of RIL/IPC behind it. Sending a donation your way to help you weather the storm we call...life.

I hope one day you continue development on this project.

Sent from my SM-G925P using XDA Free mobile app

Oh my. I didn't know it was a health condition. I shall pray for your family.

Yes, she blacked out while driving from one patient to the next and drove through an intersection over the curb and into a ditch. The accident could have been much worse as it was a busy intersection, so we are thankful for that. But due to the medical cause behind it there is a minimum requirement of 6 months no driving, so she was let go. And it was a home health care position, so driving from one patients home to the next was a requirement.

Cherish every minute you spend with your family my friends, our worlds can be torn apart in an instant.
    Very unfortunate @idone. I hope everything works out.

I can't solve the problems @idone has but I made another donation.

[/COLOR]Best wishes @idone. I said a prayer for the family.

Thank your for your kind words and support, it is greatly appreciated. In 4 months my wife may be cleared by the Dr. to drive again, then she can seek new employment. They did find a heart issue and have her on a prescription for it(so one good thing), but sadly our lives have been flipped upside down and everything has changed.

I wish you all the best, and thanks again for the positive energy.
    Laptop died.

Sorry I have not replied to anyone in some days, my laptop died but no data was lost. Just getting everything transferred and setup on another pc takes time.

I have a nice update in the works :) see attached pics.