Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Luniz2k1

Aug 5, 2013
Perrysburg, Ohio
Moto G 5G
Anyone tried 14/09 build.... Device is getting boot?? ...Thanks

cm-14.0-20160913-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip from 2016/09/14 is no good. The file is incomplete (174.4MB) compared to the previous ones that were over 350MB in size. AndroidFileHost even says at the top of the screen "SYSTEM NOTICE: Devs: If you run into issues with uploading via the web uploader please contact us for FTP information. We are actively working on a more reliable web based uploader and will launch it soon." so most likely the upload did not complete.

Reactions: ZR4YNE

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
Probably Nougat is too much a challenge for now! Remember: all developers are volunteers! They try something, get their hopes up, but then it gets hard... Starting and making a workable build is one thing. Maintaining it is another. It takes a lot of time, effort and spirit! Remember: the developers don't get payed for it. So patience is the keyword. And yes, sometimes a project is abandoned. Nothing you can do about it, except taking up development yourself! Who dares? I don't...

Send with my Moto G4 Plus (XT1642) with CM13 using Tapatalk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, so I'm building nougat based on CAF sources that have launched yesterday CyanogenMod 14.
    I need help of some developers and testers so that i'll be able to boot it successfully.
    Need testers!
    I have worked on many such projects. I had been the first one for booting marshmallow on my oneplus2 too.

Current status:
    Building cm14, bootloops.
    @vache has taken over making cm14
    Given the device, I would have proceeded but I do not have enough time to work on it now lol

Local manifests are here: https://github.com/regalstreak/local_manifests/tree/athene

Device tree can be found here: https://github.com/regalstreak/android_device_motorola_athene

Help and testers needed. Mentions to devs appreciated.

Edits:
    Edit 4: Updated Telegram Testers group link is: https://telegram.me/joinchat/BVYC_T_4T4Zcy9beFvZcdQ

Edit 3: Made a Telegram Testers group. https://telegram.me/joinchat/BVYC_QnCC_nXPYQsevwlLw

Edit 2: Sorry for the delay, had had a finger hairline fracture while goalkeeping. I had switched to making cm14 as a new ROM seemed meaningless as I'm already going to bring halogenOS here.

Edit: Head over to github.com/Nougat-Athene which is the organisation. Just ask for invitation if you'd like to help :D

Note: This is strictly a development thread for nougat development for the Moto G4 Plus. If you want to spam this thread please do not comment!
    Update: steady progress going on. Max 3 days for a cm14 build.
    Would be up tomorrow if compiler is on my side.

regalstreak
    When u will release this..any estimate time..?
    Builds can be built. Just have skme issues. I'll fix them when I get back home. First build will be till Friday night. So be prepared!
    I could have done today itself but had my birthday so had to go out for dinner as well as lunch.
    PS: do not spam the thread with wishes xD pm them if you wanna.
    regalstreak
    You can call it a full fledged nougat rom based on caf specifically for moto g4 plus. Hence it is taking some time. I'll add some useful features too when it boots!

regalstreak
    Update: The rom was a bad idea as it is very early to work on a rom like that. We don't even have the kernel source by motorola. So I'm compiling cm14 and making steady progress. We devs are contributing to cm too in the process.

regalstreak
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone