/* * Your warranty is now void (although considering this device's age, it has * already been void for a while). * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.2, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- Display and touchscreen
- Audio (speaker, microphone)
- Camera (front and back, photos only) and flashlight
- WiFi and Bluetooth
- SMS and MMS
What doesn't work
- Video recording
- In-call audio and mic
- Mobile data
IMPORTANT! This ROM is NOT suitable for daily usage, mainly due to RIL issues (see What doesn't work above and Known bugs below) and various performance issues (although this can be somewhat fixed by using GAPPS alternatives or not using GAPPS at all).
- Get the TWRP recovery from this thread (NOTE: Due to existing bugs with the currently available recovery and ROM you might want to use the old recovery instead)
- Get the latest build HERE
- Wipe data
- Flash the ROM zip file
- OPTIONAL: If you absolutely HAVE to, flash GAPPS (before first boot!). See the note below for more information.
- Google Play Store gets stuck on "Waiting for download". See GAPPS note below for workarounds.
- The device might refuse to boot up and crash upon USB insertion if the battery is below 10%. If this happens, boot into the old TWRP recovery (2.8) and recharge your device there to about 15%.
- Audio and mic in calls don't work.
- Mobile data doesn't work.
- Icons appear low-res (might be due to device being set as hdpi, will likely be fixed in the next release)
- Camera app might occasionally say "Could not connect to camera" (although I've seen this happen on other devices with newer LineageOS, so this might just be a LineageOS problem)
Flash it at your own risk, as it might slow down the device. If you already decide to flash it, use the pico package (although I've tested with nano and a few stock apps and it seemed to run somewhat fine, but keep in mind this was without any other apps). You can also look into alternatives:
- MicroG as a replacement for Google Play Services
- F-Droid as an alternative marketplace
- Aurora Store as a frontend for Google Play Store (you can get it from F-Droid), although it breaks Google's TOS - use at your own risk.
Of course, support will be provided for GAPPS users, just keep in mind that due to general limitations not everything can be done.
- LineageOS team for, well, making LineageOS
- LuK1337 for making the device tree used in this build
- knuxify for building and tweaking the sources
- Members of https://github.com/Samsung-KYLEPROXX for the compatibility patch used to make this device work with 12.1 (PATCH_CM-12.1.diff)
- Device tree
- Vendor files
LineageOS 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Plus
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
Last Updated 2020-10-08