• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DEVELOPMENT PAUSED] [UNSTABLE] [ROM] [GT-I9060] LineageOS 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo

Search This thread

knuxfanwin8

May 30, 2017
knuxify.github.io
2okPze5.png

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void (although considering this device's age, it has
* already been void for a while).
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.2, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Screenshots
Coming soon :)

What works
- Display and touchscreen
- Audio (speaker, microphone)
- Camera (front and back, photos only) and flashlight
- WiFi and Bluetooth
- Sensors
- SMS and MMS

What doesn't work
- Video recording
- In-call audio and mic
- Mobile data

Installation
IMPORTANT! This ROM is NOT suitable for daily usage, mainly due to RIL issues (see What doesn't work above and Known bugs below) and various performance issues (although this can be somewhat fixed by using GAPPS alternatives or not using GAPPS at all).
- Get the TWRP recovery from this thread (NOTE: Due to existing bugs with the currently available recovery and ROM you might want to use the old recovery instead)
- Get the latest build HERE
- Wipe data
- Flash the ROM zip file
- OPTIONAL: If you absolutely HAVE to, flash GAPPS (before first boot!). See the note below for more information.

Known bugs
- Google Play Store gets stuck on "Waiting for download". See GAPPS note below for workarounds.
- The device might refuse to boot up and crash upon USB insertion if the battery is below 10%. If this happens, boot into the old TWRP recovery (2.8) and recharge your device there to about 15%.
- Audio and mic in calls don't work.
- Mobile data doesn't work.
- Icons appear low-res (might be due to device being set as hdpi, will likely be fixed in the next release)
- Camera app might occasionally say "Could not connect to camera" (although I've seen this happen on other devices with newer LineageOS, so this might just be a LineageOS problem)

GAPPS
Flash it at your own risk, as it might slow down the device. If you already decide to flash it, use the pico package (although I've tested with nano and a few stock apps and it seemed to run somewhat fine, but keep in mind this was without any other apps). You can also look into alternatives:
- MicroG as a replacement for Google Play Services
- F-Droid as an alternative marketplace
- Aurora Store as a frontend for Google Play Store (you can get it from F-Droid), although it breaks Google's TOS - use at your own risk.
Of course, support will be provided for GAPPS users, just keep in mind that due to general limitations not everything can be done.

Credits
- LineageOS team for, well, making LineageOS
- LuK1337 for making the device tree used in this build
- knuxify for building and tweaking the sources
- Members of https://github.com/Samsung-KYLEPROXX for the compatibility patch used to make this device work with 12.1 (PATCH_CM-12.1.diff)

Sources
- Device tree
- Kernel
- Vendor files
- LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Plus

Contributors
knuxfanwin8, LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information
Testing

Created 2020-03-17
Last Updated 2020-10-08

Last edited:

knuxfanwin8

May 30, 2017
knuxify.github.io
Really great , hope to see Oreo or pie soon. Is there a difference between this build and the ignore.zip?? @knuxfanwin8

ignore.zip was an old build sent to one person per request before the proper XDA release. I think the only difference is that ignore.zip doesn't have low ram optimizations enabled and the default DPI is lower (190 vs 200).

It will be removed soon as it serves no purpose.

ELandero

Jun 2, 2020
Ok I have a Linageos in my gt-19060i there are two erros i have is the bluetooth calls and the offline charge. The bluetooth is not abig problem for me but I want to habe offline charging soes anyone knows hoy to fix this? the version of my linageos is14.1-20182615-UNOFICCIAL-grandneove3g

knuxfanwin8

May 30, 2017
knuxify.github.io
Ok I have a Linageos in my gt-19060i there are two erros i have is the bluetooth calls and the offline charge. The bluetooth is not abig problem for me but I want to habe offline charging soes anyone knows hoy to fix this? the version of my linageos is14.1-20182615-UNOFICCIAL-grandneove3g

Hi, this is a thread for a ROM for the Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060). The GT-I9060I is a different device (the only reason I posted this ROM in the Grand Neo Plus subforum is because there's no separate GT-I9060 one).

You should ask in the appropriate thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...-lineageos-14-1-samsung-galaxy-grand-t3817197

(btw, seems like offline charging doesn't work on that ROM, see the known issues section in that thread)

Ansal P Haris

Jun 17, 2020
Kottayam
Please build a stable lollipop or latest rom for Gti9060/ds baffinlite.

I installed this rom recently on my gti9060/ds. I feel smoother experience, but the issue ( phone reboots and stuck on samsung logo and notification panel bug ) ; Please fix :)
Request : how can i make a rom for this device?
Note : There is lot of users use this device still now. So make a pie or latest android stable roms for it. :good:
Hopefully,
:)

knuxfanwin8

May 30, 2017
knuxify.github.io
Unfortunately my Grand Neo's battery died, and I haven't been able to order one yet, but I've made a new build which might fix the RIL issues:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=12420606652095400171
Could somebody test it out and say if calls/mobile data works?

(If you have a dual-sim device and it doesn't work at all, try https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682874425 (note that this will not enable dual-sim functionality).)

EDIT: I have a new battery, and the builds above do not fix mobile data or calls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansal P Haris
R

RahulPalLNX

WoW

Wow I's nice to see something for grand neo GT-I9060.
keepit up sir. I'was there in grand neo plus developmet team. & these devices have almost same spare parts (expect soc)
& some thing i can say to u. it'll going to hard camera in leatest aosp sources if you have target to build oreo or later.
but still good wishes from me Sir. keep your work comtinue. take love & respect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void (although considering this device's age, it has
    * already been void for a while).
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.2, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Screenshots
    Coming soon :)

What works
    - Display and touchscreen
    - Audio (speaker, microphone)
    - Camera (front and back, photos only) and flashlight
    - WiFi and Bluetooth
    - Sensors
    - SMS and MMS

What doesn't work
    - Video recording
    - In-call audio and mic
    - Mobile data

Installation
    IMPORTANT! This ROM is NOT suitable for daily usage, mainly due to RIL issues (see What doesn't work above and Known bugs below) and various performance issues (although this can be somewhat fixed by using GAPPS alternatives or not using GAPPS at all).
    - Get the TWRP recovery from this thread (NOTE: Due to existing bugs with the currently available recovery and ROM you might want to use the old recovery instead)
    - Get the latest build HERE
    - Wipe data
    - Flash the ROM zip file
    - OPTIONAL: If you absolutely HAVE to, flash GAPPS (before first boot!). See the note below for more information.

Known bugs
    - Google Play Store gets stuck on "Waiting for download". See GAPPS note below for workarounds.
    - The device might refuse to boot up and crash upon USB insertion if the battery is below 10%. If this happens, boot into the old TWRP recovery (2.8) and recharge your device there to about 15%.
    - Audio and mic in calls don't work.
    - Mobile data doesn't work.
    - Icons appear low-res (might be due to device being set as hdpi, will likely be fixed in the next release)
    - Camera app might occasionally say "Could not connect to camera" (although I've seen this happen on other devices with newer LineageOS, so this might just be a LineageOS problem)

GAPPS
    Flash it at your own risk, as it might slow down the device. If you already decide to flash it, use the pico package (although I've tested with nano and a few stock apps and it seemed to run somewhat fine, but keep in mind this was without any other apps). You can also look into alternatives:
    - MicroG as a replacement for Google Play Services
    - F-Droid as an alternative marketplace
    - Aurora Store as a frontend for Google Play Store (you can get it from F-Droid), although it breaks Google's TOS - use at your own risk.
    Of course, support will be provided for GAPPS users, just keep in mind that due to general limitations not everything can be done.

Credits
    - LineageOS team for, well, making LineageOS
    - LuK1337 for making the device tree used in this build
    - knuxify for building and tweaking the sources
    - Members of https://github.com/Samsung-KYLEPROXX for the compatibility patch used to make this device work with 12.1 (PATCH_CM-12.1.diff)

Sources
    - Device tree
    - Kernel
    - Vendor files
    - LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Plus

Contributors
    knuxfanwin8, LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2020-03-17
    Last Updated 2020-10-08
    Really great , hope to see Oreo or pie soon. Is there a difference between this build and the ignore.zip?? @knuxfanwin8

ignore.zip was an old build sent to one person per request before the proper XDA release. I think the only difference is that ignore.zip doesn't have low ram optimizations enabled and the default DPI is lower (190 vs 200).

It will be removed soon as it serves no purpose.
    Unfortunately my Grand Neo's battery died, and I haven't been able to order one yet, but I've made a new build which might fix the RIL issues:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=12420606652095400171
    Could somebody test it out and say if calls/mobile data works?

(If you have a dual-sim device and it doesn't work at all, try https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682874425 (note that this will not enable dual-sim functionality).)

EDIT: I have a new battery, and the builds above do not fix mobile data or calls.
    tested

Call audio and data is still not working of new build