Device bricked after flashing the wrong software version file, cannot get unlock code

Search This thread

derhannes1983

Mar 24, 2010
Hello,
I tried to update my P9 (German Vodafone version (EVA-L09), I think software version was B137), using the method described at http://ministryofsolutions.com/2016...ui5-0-full-firmware-b339-europe-vodafone.html

Now I am stuck at a boot loop as I flashed in the wrong order, I first flashed the update.app (seems to be the data file) with success, then the phone rebooted and I got into the loop. I tried various things, I tried to got back to the previous version, I tried to flash stock version, I tried to flash the other file I downloaded from the website, but all failed. When I try to get into fastboot it says locked for both lines, and HiSuite tells me it has no software version for this phone version to repair the phone.

Is there any way to get the phone unbricked?

Update: The last thing I did was trying the rollback again, now the phone is stuck at the logo, it is getting very warm and I cannot turn it off, it just reboots again when I try to turn it off. I think it is finally broken, I will wait until the battery is drained (who invented phones with batteries you cannot pull anyways...)

Last edited:

Z-Blade

Jan 29, 2012
Perth
It still can be recovered, however, I dont know the finer details of it. There has been a lot of threads in the Q&A section about people stuck in the current situation as you. However, I think most has been able to get back to get out of the bootloop by using DC-Phoenix\DC-Unlocker.

bazzan

Dec 12, 2010
Sydney
Been there. Put in fridge till it runs flat and stops heat damage.. Plug in PC to charge. It very likely will not charge fully as the system is borked but mine did enough to get to Fast Boot Recovery. From there use the SRK Tool to install TWRP and then wipe the system so have no remains of failed nougat, B300 or Marshmallow - no OS. Then install stock recovery using SRK tool. Load a stock rom to SD card. Use the Paul O'brien C432B136 rom. Switch off and three finger reboot to SD card update. Should be good.