Device Certification

Search This thread

chillmeow

Aug 11, 2010
Hi,

My Pixel 5 was never unlocked or rooted. I recently performed March security update, and upon opening Google Pay which discovered that my device is not certified.
I do not know how it happened, but wondering if anyone know how to resolve this issue without wiping the phone.

Thanks for providing any information!

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
No idea what happened, but factory reset the phone and device certification is back.
It's too late now, but if it happens again go to settings > apps > Google Play Store > storage and cache ~ and clear data/storage for the app. Then reboot and your device should be certified again. It might take several minutes for the Play Store to certify your device. You can check the status on the Play Store app > settings > certification status is at the bottom

chillmeow

Aug 11, 2010
It's too late now, but if it happens again go to settings > apps > Google Play Store > storage and cache ~ and clear data/storage for the app. Then reboot and your device should be certified again. It might take several minutes for the Play Store to certify your device. You can check the status on the Play Store app > settings > certification status is at the bottom
I tried that and did not work for me.