Device died after unlocking the bootloader

Search This thread

ioglnx

Nov 13, 2008
Hello,

I have the following problem. I unlocked the bootloader with the MI Unlocker after I waitedf freaking 360h.
I then tried to flash Xiamoi EU Rom - something didn't work as expected and I tried to flash the offical rom from miui com.

During the fastboot flash the phone stuck and screen go black. I tried to power off and power on but it doesn't react to anything
Fastboot shows the device as ????????..if I try a fastboot reboot FAILED (Write to device failed (Unknown error)).

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

ioglnx

Nov 13, 2008
As I wrote I first unlocked the bootloader
Installed TWRP and flashed the EU ROM from xiamoi.eu.

Since Google Pay wasn't working on this one either I wanted to return to the global image EEA.
So I downloaded the offical tgz with the flash_all.bat in fastboot mode..

It started but stuck at the elf file..screen went black and since that the fastboot only shows ????????
I tried holding power for 10, 15,30.up to 2min..it didn't turn of the LED is blinking when hitting the power button.

Thats all

fatalynx05

Sep 24, 2008
As I wrote I first unlocked the bootloader
Installed TWRP and flashed the EU ROM from xiamoi.eu.

Since Google Pay wasn't working on this one either I wanted to return to the global image EEA.
So I downloaded the offical tgz with the flash_all.bat in fastboot mode..

It started but stuck at the elf file..screen went black and since that the fastboot only shows ????????
I tried holding power for 10, 15,30.up to 2min..it didn't turn of the LED is blinking when hitting the power button.

Thats all

its looked like you beeing soft bricked...try installing miflash and boot into fastboot and plug it in see if miflash can detect your device...

ioglnx

Nov 13, 2008
its looked like you beeing soft bricked...try installing miflash and boot into fastboot and plug it in see if miflash can detect your device...

As written it won't turn off..it is not responding to power button - only LED is blinking when I press it or keep it pressed..think this crappy phone died.

D

Deleted member 5408779

Just to be sure... Did you press volume down + power?

Kaeru Sapporo

Jul 13, 2015
Hello,

I have the following problem. I unlocked the bootloader with the MI Unlocker after I waitedf freaking 360h.
I then tried to flash Xiamoi EU Rom - something didn't work as expected and I tried to flash the offical rom from miui com.

During the fastboot flash the phone stuck and screen go black. I tried to power off and power on but it doesn't react to anything
Fastboot shows the device as ????????..if I try a fastboot reboot FAILED (Write to device failed (Unknown error)).

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Download FASTBOOT ROM from the official site and unzip it.

After charging the phone for a while, press and hold the Power button and Volume +-button for a few seconds.

If FAST BOOT starts, flash the unzip FAST BOOT ROM with the following command:

Some of the commands may end in an error, but ignore it and proceed to the end.

Try it. Wish good luck. :)

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash cust cust.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash dummy dummy.img
fastboot flash logo logo.img
fastboot flash metadata metadata.img
fastboot flash misc misc.img
fastboot flash persist persist.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

fastboot erase userdata
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot reboot

ioglnx

Nov 13, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion but you may overerad the one important point..I tried already ...
it doesn't responds to power button press in any way except the LED is BLINKING at that moment i press it.
I have tried Power + Volume+ and - nothing really nothing happens..the battery is fully charged.

Well I return it and fill RMA.

Download FASTBOOT ROM from the official site and unzip it.

After charging the phone for a while, press and hold the Power button and Volume +-button for a few seconds.

If FAST BOOT starts, flash the unzip FAST BOOT ROM with the following command:

Some of the commands may end in an error, but ignore it and proceed to the end.

Try it. Wish good luck. :)

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash cust cust.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash dummy dummy.img
fastboot flash logo logo.img
fastboot flash metadata metadata.img
fastboot flash misc misc.img
fastboot flash persist persist.img