[Device Fundraiser] Cyanogenmod on the Note 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TeamHackura

Aug 26, 2011
OnePlus 8
I ran xposed v83 on tek's 7.1 and URv7.5 roms and i never had any problems with it. A few folks reported some lag, but it wasn't an issue for me, also there were battery drain posts, but most of those folks were trying to use xposed, amplify, and greenify on mm and it's really not needed anymore with doze and the doze editor app (if on stock modified kernel) or synapse has doze adjustments if you're running recent versions of skyhigh above 3.4....i was running skyhigh 3.4.1 on tek's URv7.5 with xposed v83 and just a minor few modules like 3c toolbox module...i used xtouchwiz by wanam on stock rom, but most of the statusbar mods in xtouchwiz break tek's systemui so i wasn't enabling that one in tek's rom...but you SHOULD be alright on 7.1 with xposed v81-83 (those were versions i can confirm working with your rom)....hope that helps :)
Thank you for the advice. I somehow lost root and was going to dirty flash/update ROM but the dev has pulled the files last I checked.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thank you for the advice. I somehow lost root and was going to dirty flash/update ROM but the dev has pulled the files last I checked.
Just reflash supersu 2.72 zip in twrp and you should be good to go...download from download.chainfire.com/supersu/

;)

Ps. You MAY want to run full unroot from supersu app if you can, if not shouldn't matter just re-flash the zip that downloads from the link...and DO NOT install superuser if twrp asks...happily decline and reboot...

_lucasleite49

Nov 21, 2014
This rom is working on the N920G, data calls and messeges are working but the issues are:

Camera not working
Videos don't play (specially in snapchat that causes reboot)
Audio does not play
Random reboots

Hope that the developer fix these issues

LiL_Assassin

Feb 19, 2012
This rom is working on the N920G, data calls and messeges are working but the issues are:

Camera not working
Videos don't play (specially in snapchat that causes reboot)
Audio does not play
Random reboots

Hope that the developer fix these issues

This is the first release of cm. Of course there's no camera...
Videos only play in Vlc player
Audio does play...
No random reboots.. Only panics. If you know what settings to change. I am using this as my daily driver.. Yeah it has a few bugs but it's downright awesome for a first realease!

Reactions: LeoDS

LeoDS

Dec 7, 2015
This is the first release of cm. Of course there's no camera...
Videos only play in Vlc player
Audio does play...
No random reboots.. Only panics. If you know what settings to change. I am using this as my daily driver.. Yeah it has a few bugs but it's downright awesome for a first realease!
Agree with you. As I said before I have it in my "G" as my daily driver. I also have dual boot TW for when I need to use the camera(only reason).

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: LiL_Assassin

LiL_Assassin

Feb 19, 2012
Hey guys. I was just wondering if there's a Link for source code for Cm - note 5 kernel.

Not interesting in kanging, I am asking nicely for just the kernel source code. Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Лithium-Фusion

LiL_Assassin

Feb 19, 2012
Why do you have to quote me? Did i mention your name?

Bit ironic that I am asking for source code and with the stuff that been coming up on note 5. That you just happen to say Kangers... But yes the Kangers that have plagued this forum has gotten out of hand, I am just trying to fix some bugs, but I will remove the quote.

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Sorry, been busy replacing a head gasket on my daughter's car and my wife's van decided it no longer likes it's transmission. Anyways, looks like this thread has served its purpose that it was intended for. I'll request it locked and if/when another build is ready a new thread can be started.

Thanks to all that contributed in getting the device to RaymanFX and helping to get this project rolling.

For those that come in here new wanting to know the status, read the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not real sure if you are asking about the fund raiser to get the device and ship it or if you are referring to a release. I'll go with the first, device has been delivered and received, work has begun. If you would like to still contribute, feel free. At this point, where the pooling of funds has stopped you can send directly to RaymanFX to help cover his fees or apascual89 to give him a bit more for sending his device. I'll be glad to continue accepting donations and splitting them up as well, if that's a route you or anyone wants to go.
    Sooo, time for a first status update:

Broken at this time are camera and call audio.
    Everything else pretty much works, but with a few constraints.
    Hardware decoders/encoders don't work at all right now, which means we have to rely on FFMPEG and Google software codecs for video playback and encoding. You won't notice much of this unless you watch movies for a few hours straight, software codecs consume much more energy (obviously) than hardware ones.
    Hardware overlays don't work either. You'll notice some little lags here and there, and that's because all the UI composing/rendering is done by the CPU backed framebuffer or the GPU right now (instead of proper hardware overlays).
    Fingerprint is completely unsupported. Please don't even ask for it before we fix up the OSS mobicore stack.

The other hardware bits (BT, NFC, audio playback and recording, etc) work rather well at this point.
    Original information here, current status below.
    Code:
    [user=3463426]@RaymanFX[/user] has graciously offered to try and get Cyanogenmod running on the Note 5, he is not asking for donations. If we want him to give it a try he needs the device. I do not think that any money should be sent until pledges equal the amount needed, it gets tricky when money is involved and if some send in money but not enough then what? Thats why I think waiting till the pledged amount is equal to the amount needed. 

[QUOTE="RaymanFX, post: 64515017, member: 3463426"]In case of sktjdgns1189 still not responding to you guys:

I'd be willing to do this (like I brought AOSP to the Note4).
    The money to buy a N910C device was donated to me by the community (check this thread: [url]http://xdaforums.com/note-4/general/donate-via-paypal-to-cyanogenmod-12-t2986964[/url])
    I can shoot 200€ on my own for a development device, but not the full 600€ it costs over here.

I'm not going to ask for donations neither am I going to open a fundraiser thread, so that needs to be done by someone else (preferably in the general forum: [url]http://xdaforums.com/note5/general[/url], the T-MO userbase only might be a bit tiny).
    As for success rates, I'm close to having the Note 4 Exynos officially supported by CM (github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_treltexx) and I'm maintaing the Exynos hardware repos.

I'm doing this in my free time; the hours I spent on this are not comparable to any payment in the community I ever heard of, let alone 'only' a few hundreds of funds for a development device.
    I'm not exactly craving for new work, just letting you know that I'm willing to do this, if I'm given the chance to buy a device.
    I think it's important to have as many Exynos devices supported on AOSP/CM platforms as possible to keep the variety alive (otherwise you might as well ditch every hardware vendor other than Qualcomm right now).[/QUOTE]

I would imagine it would be for the nobleltezt, noblelte and the nobleltespr, thats something RaymanFX would have to further clarify. Any ways, if you are willing to help with getting him the device, post an amount you want to contribute. 

RaymanFX, thank you very much.

Edit-
     to keep this thread clean, just post the amount you want to contribute. If another thread needs to be opened for discussion we can do that.

Edit-

Adding contributor names and amounts to this post,  make it easier to see where we are:

We have the amount to buy the phone and cover shipping. Figure we should be pretty close.  I'll wait to see about the donated device before asking for funds to purchase. 

Edit-

new donators and amounts added.

Edit- added mentions, please respond if you still want to contribute to this. 

[user=2219045]@GOIGIG[/user] = $50 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=7041450]@[STRIKE]JonathanRAZ[/STRIKE][/user] = $10
     [user=1479665]@Ducter[/user] = $10 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR] 
     [user=3228876]@[STRIKE]donharden2002[/STRIKE][/user] = $20
     [user=4613660]@Jammol[/user] = $20 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=5896268]@weavr[/user] = $20 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=4924454]@Burginthorn[/user] = $20
     [user=1803475]@manager77[/user] = $100
     [user=4168589]@TheUndertaker21[/user] = $100 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=1602214]@southphillysean[/user] = $25
     [user=6574202]@grymmy[/user] = $20 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]   
     [user=3877923]@bala_gamer[/user] = $10 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=5535739]@mikimadm3[/user] = $25 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]           
     [user=3564235]@r3xx3r[/user] = $25 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]   
     [user=4906154]@[STRIKE]jameslapc2[/STRIKE][/user] = $10
     [user=1093531]@Bubreg[/user] = $10 donation sent to RafmanFx
     [user=4768758]@M7ammad.eb[/user] = $10 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=2313936]@suzook[/user] = $20
     [user=5196151]@eazycash[/user] = $20
     [user=376855]@apd[/user] = $50 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=4218716]@mocsab[/user] = $50 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=3099958]@roytev[/user] = $20 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR] 
     [user=2537935]@Nv1dia[/user] = $10 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=3822477]@notsointeresting[/user] = $20 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=1901805]@lokto7[/user] = $10 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=1423025]@samitro[/user] = $10 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=2701006]@itwasntmeatall[/user] = $75 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=4233532]@TeamHackura[/user] = $10 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]
     [user=4466586]@Paninno12[/user] = $10 [COLOR="red"]received[/COLOR]

Edit- Current status and early build

****Test build only, unsupported, no logs wanted, no support offered****

RaymanFX is busy for the next while with exams etc, but has posted an early build for those that want to check it out. This build is only for the N920T variant, quoting RaymanFX here "This build is only for the Tmo variant, I can't support the others. The common bits can be reused though (I already did the legwork for that), but someone else has to compile, modify and maintain it" I assume it's because that's the device he has.

By downloading and installing this build you understand you are doing so completely on your own, no support will be given, do not contact RaymanFX with issues or questions, support or anything else. None will be given because the build will change. No trouble shooting or problem solving will be offered.

After flashing, go back to the main menu in TWRP and mount system, navigate to /system/lib/omx and /system/lib64/omx and delete them both else it will likely crash on the media codecs.

I personally used open gapps arm64 with no issue but YMMV, use what you want.

What's known not to be working:

Call audio
    Camera
    For myself local video playback but RaymanFX said it's working on his end, I need to test further with YouTube, online videos etc.
    "Video Playback should work though.. (But only Software codecs via ffmpeg)."

I had to configure the default APNs for T-Mobile then data worked. Be sure to hit his thanks button, he has been working hard on this.

Download

Battlehero compiled a build from RaymanFX's source, got it booting on other variants, here's a copy of his post.

N920C users and/or other users that were unable to flash CM13 by RaymanFX.
    Flash this version:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24533103863140793
    This is based on the RaymanFX build.
    This version should only be flashed as a taster and it is not ready as a daily driver, RaymanFX is working hard and so we can thank him for bringing CyanogenMod to our device.
    Bugs so far:
    Text messages cause reboot
    Listening to music leads to reboot
    No camera
    YouTube video causes reboot.
    Just so you guys can keep track with my progress:

The device trees are up at CM and I'm actively working on them: https://github.com/CyanogenMod?utf8=✓&query=noble.
    You can watch my WIP patches on gerrit here: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/owner:raymanfx%40gmail.com.

I'm working on the most important part right now, the source patches so we can compile all of the hardware libs inline (instead of using prebuilt blobs for display/omx).

Last but not least, a huge shoutout to @apascual89 for going through the painful process of shipping the package to the other end of the world (which apparently still isn't an easy thing to do in 2016) and willing to donate the device in the first place!
    I decided cm12.1 wouldn't be worth the time with Android N around the corner already.
    I published all the sources needed to compile a booting build, so if someone feels like cm12 is the better option for him, feel free to go ahead and fork my stuff.
    Voice calls are my biggest concern right now, but that'll be fixed eventually. I'm more worried about the incomplete display stack, the absolutely broken OMX stack (all video playback is done via software codecs right now) and the non functioning camera.

It's still a long, long way to go until a build will be usable for everyday tasks. I'll be reworking and merging the RIL stuff that's been sitting in Gerrit for so long next week probably, then start over on the display stack and try to get hardware composing to work.
    So it looks like we kind of hit a wall here regarding call audio.
    The audio routes are being setup properly right now, and media output/input works too, just incall audio doesn't.

It appears that every N920C ROM, when flashed on a N920T (the variant I have) has broken call audio and the only 'fix' is to flash a boot image from a N920T ROM. However, we only have M kernel sources for the N920C right now, which is what I'm working off currently.
    That means that I probably cannot fix the incall audio issues unless Samsung releases Marshmallow kernel sources for the N920T as well.
    You can see all their source releases here: http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=n920.

If you want to help, write a bunch of email asking them for the N920T M kernel sources (there should be no reasons for them not to publish those, as the N920C sources have been online for a while now).