Device is not Google certified phh GSI how to fix?

Search This thread

bigroc2223

Jul 11, 2020
Hello,

I have a brand new device which has not officially been released yet. Therefore, there is no stock firmware image available or recovery image. Just wanted to get that out of the way. I could not remove a lot of the manufacturers bloatware because i could not root or port TWRP without a stock image or recovery image.

I stumbled onto Project Treble. I flashed phh treble and it worked. Well, I managed to get everything to work with some workarounds. The only thing I am having trouble with is when I install phh with gapps. After booting I get the "Your device is not Google certified" message repeatedly spammed.

The only workaround I have been able to get to work for the uncertified device message is to remove phh superuser. I have tried using the Google device registration page. It does not work for my device. I want to keep root so I can pull the recovery image and port TWRP for this device. Are there any other fixes that will work? In order to pick up in some of my games I think I need Google Play?

Thanks,
Rocky

bigroc2223

Jul 11, 2020
What Gapps? you can try bitgapps, opengapps, etc...
If google play is impossible, you can download .apk android apps (Android PacKage, APK) from www.uptodown.com, www.apkmirror.com and www.apkpure.com, unless it is google play exclusive(probably payment content?)
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I need to recover paid content. There are games and programs that I have spent a decent amount on that I would like to have access too. I wish there was a phh gsi image with magisk root instead of phh root. From what I read you can disable it with Magisk.

I do not know a whole lot about root. I wonder if now that I am using phh gsi if it would be possible to install Magisk now? I could not install it before because the device does not have a system image available yet since it has not officially been released. Like I said I do not know much about root, could I just download a vanilla phh gsi image and patch that with magisk?

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I need to recover paid content. There are games and programs that I have spent a decent amount on that I would like to have access too. I wish there was a phh gsi image with magisk root instead of phh root. From what I read you can disable it with Magisk.

I do not know a whole lot about root. I wonder if now that I am using phh gsi if it would be possible to install Magisk now? I could not install it before because the device does not have a system image available yet since it has not officially been released. Like I said I do not know much about root, could I just download a vanilla phh gsi image and patch that with magisk?
No no no, you need to patch boot.img for magisk, not system. Go to www.apkmirror.com (app repository), search and download 'magisk ' app(that is magisk manager), click and install the downloaded .apk file, allow install from browser, and after installing use the app to patch the boot.img(search Google), and flash patched boot.

bigroc2223

Jul 11, 2020
I thought I bricked the phone but was able to recover. I am getting an error that I cannot seam to resolve. The phone screen will go black. It goes to a crash dump screen that says the fallowing.

Qualcomm Crash Dump Mode
modem subsystem failure reason
trm_rf_alloc.cpp:459:allocation
not found for RF Tech:2 Band:126
sub_capability 0.

After this happens and I reboot the device I have a hard time getting mobile data to work. It is definitely an error pertaining to the signal radio. I have no clue how to fix it. With this happening the device is pretty much unusable.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: LR7875

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
I thought I bricked the phone but was able to recover. I am getting an error that I cannot seam to resolve. The phone screen will go black. It goes to a crash dump screen that says the fallowing.

Qualcomm Crash Dump Mode
modem subsystem failure reason
trm_rf_alloc.cpp:459:allocation
not found for RF Tech:2 Band:126
sub_capability 0.

After this happens and I reboot the device I have a hard time getting mobile data to work. It is definitely an error pertaining to the signal radio. I have no clue how to fix it. With this happening the device is pretty much unusable.
I am sorry to hear that.It is pretty much beyond what I can solve so I will try find similar threads.