Device not certified after root

Search This thread

dreinulldrei

Nov 4, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
When I first booted the phone I checked for Widivine level and it came back with level 1.

Now after rooting with Magisk I noticed the device marked as being "not certified" in Play Store and only having Widivine level 3.

My understanding is that the unlock leads to this but so far (on my OP 3, 3T and 5T) rooting with Magisk and installing a custom kernel, my devices would still be "certified".

I am wondering if things changed for Android Pie, or if e.g. installing Magisk with preserving DM-Verity would help. I was tempted to give this a try but verity errors are quite annoying and I don't want to completely wipe phone just to play around with that switch.

Any ideas?

agentjrt

Feb 9, 2014
Berlin
jrtberlin.de
When I first booted the phone I checked for Widivine level and it came back with level 1.

Now after rooting with Magisk I noticed the device marked as being "not certified" in Play Store and only having Widivine level 3.

My understanding is that the unlock leads to this but so far (on my OP 3, 3T and 5T) rooting with Magisk and installing a custom kernel, my devices would still be "certified".

I am wondering if things changed for Android Pie, or if e.g. installing Magisk with preserving DM-Verity would help. I was tempted to give this a try but verity errors are quite annoying and I don't want to completely wipe phone just to play around with that switch.

Any ideas?
This seems to be an issue with Magisk and some versions of OxygenOS.
There is a GitHub issue about that: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/585

Reactions: dreinulldrei

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
I read a comment in another thread that if you use magisk hide for the play store, then wipe data from the play store app you'll be good to go. immediately after rooting I checked the play store app in the magisk hide section and haven't had an issue.

CUBENSIS

Aug 28, 2008
I read a comment in another thread that if you use magisk hide for the play store, then wipe data from the play store app you'll be good to go. immediately after rooting I checked the play store app in the magisk hide section and haven't had an issue.

I just did exactly what you said. In magiskhide check the box for google play store. Force stop play store and wipe it's data. Reopen play store. No longer marked "not certified"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just did exactly what you said. In magiskhide check the box for google play store. Force stop play store and wipe it's data. Reopen play store. No longer marked "not certified"

Any ideas?
    This seems to be an issue with Magisk and some versions of OxygenOS.
    There is a GitHub issue about that: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/585
    You'll still only have widevine 3. Download "drm info" from the play store and you'll still see L3 not L1. I believe it's the bootloader being unlocked that causes it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone