In attachments you'll find flashable MTD recovery for TassVE.
Nice. Once we get confirmation from @bieltv.3 (or another cooperve owner) that the MTD build is also working correctly, I'd like to officially switch over to the MTD driver.
To make things easier for users, it would also be desirable to transition CM7 and CM9 over to MTD as well, so that it's easier to flash between those versions using a CWM recovery. It shouldn't be too hard to accomplish this.
IMPORTANT!!! mandatory recovery update required for cm11 builds later than 23/07/2014 IMPORTANT!!!
As of 23/07/2014, all CM11 builds for the bcm21553 series will be switched over to the MTD flash drivers. In order for these packages to work correctly, you must first flash an MTD-compatible recovery (CWM v188.8.131.52 or later only).
How to update to MTD build:
- Perform a full backup using the old recovery (mandatory!)
- Download an MTD-compatible recovery (linked below) and a full CM11 OTA build dated 23/07/2014 (or later).
- Flash the updated recovery, and reboot into the new recovery.
- In the new MTD recovery, perform a data-wipe, and manually format /system (this step is critical in order for your partitions to be properly converted to the mtd/yaffs2 format - don't ignore it!)
- Flash the CM11 package.
- Once you've data-wiped and flashed the initial MTD build, future CM11 updates can be installed normally (delta or full packages, as you desire).
- Older ROMs will no longer be compatible with the MTD recovery and yaffs2-formatted partitions. If you wish to use a stock/modded Gingerbread ROM, CM7 or CM9, you should wait until MTD versions of these ROMs become available.
- If you want to go back to an older non-MTD ROM, you must first flash an entire stock ROM (CSC+MODEM+PDA) via Odin, or else your partitions will be stuck in MTD format.
Requesting testers for this totoro build: http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org/job/cm-experimental/1068/
This build contains some features that need more thorough testing before they will appear in OTA builds.
- Switch from bcm4330 to bcmdhd wireless driver (should fix wireless instability)
- Various LDPI fixes thanks to @koala990
- Enable ARMv6K extensions (may slightly improve performance)
I'd appreciate if you could focus on testing:
- General system reliability - is this build giving issues not present in OTA builds?
- Wireless stability - is wireless working correctly, including suspend/resume?
- Battery usage - is the new wireless driver causing more battery drain?
- Are the LDPI changes OK?
WinKarbik said:Hi, psyke83! I have other samsung bcm21553 device and we try compilate cm11 on our device. At the moment we need to switch on mtd/yaffs filesystem, but i don't know how? Can you help me? Kernel source - https://github.com/DZB-Team/android_kernel_samsung_amazing
adb shell dmesg
adb shell cat /proc/mtd
adb shell cat /proc/cmdline
I can't guarantee that the MTD drivers will work on your device.
The best way to test is to compile a recovery image with:
- the MTD patches and config enabled in the kernel
- no fsr/rfs/sec_param modules present in the ramdisk (if you let those modules load on a mtd kernel, it could brick your device)
- making sure to use the non-mtd fstab configs - you do not want ClockworkMod to attempt to mount the partitions yet.
I Think, i found a hint to solve the video recording problem in CM11. I Think The Problem is due to audio codec.
By Default, when we press the record button nothing happens, and the camera doesn't start to record.
Now, go to settings of video camera-> More Options-> Change Audio Codec from AAC to AMR-NB. Then Try To Press The Red Record Button, The Camera Starts To record ( Shows The Pause Icon And Time) And After a second, it force closes. And Hope You Can Do the Rest To Fix The Issue. Plz Mention Me In the First post if i have helped you.
hitherto version 20140809 is flowing well, also install the GAPPS recommended by psyke83, it's all good so far ... just reporting that all that had nightly after this, are having the status 7 error, all were incremental (delta) what's up? right now I'm downloading the full package RC9, expect that to occur in this fine ...
just a question, there is a possibility cm11 for galaxy y TV?
Cakawuete said:Hi psyke83,
I managed to reproduced the egl bug since a few nighlties and even on a fresh and clean install of the rom. But I don't know what is triggering it but i hope it will help you to discover it.
So here is the method (on cooperve) :
Using camera app, in panorama mode with rotation enabled, just turn the phone one time, camera will freeze and turn, and turn back the phone to the original orientation, the camera will freeze, the screen will flash quicly, the color will be inverted (blue->orange) and camera will force close. I'have checked with a logcat if this is the egl bug, i find it out, and i reproduce it lot of times to make sure it's not a random bug.
Here is the link of the logcat : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0wgwGhk7lpHSE53UTFYYmJURDA/edit?usp=sharing
Hope it will help you and keep up the good job
D/BRCM_EGL( 2625): eglDestroyContext() FATAL error - the context is still active but we called destroy - FIX THIS E/EGL_SERVER( 2625): pid mem_get_free_space before = 3e8 E/EGL_SERVER( 2625): pid mem_get_free_space = 3e8 W/libEGL ( 2625): eglTerminate() called w/ 1 objects remaining
I gave you the right to edit, please do everything you need.https://github.com/WinKarbik/android_kernel_samsung_amazing
adb shell tinymix 10 0 4 adb shell tinymix 10 1 1
adb shell alsa_amixer cset numid=11 0 4 adb shell alsa_amixer cset numid=11 1 1