[Devs Only] Porting 6.0 to G2

Search This thread

PolishVodka

Oct 4, 2012
@up
Not so much. This guide is for AOSP Roms and when you just want use other Rom (compiled for your device) as base to porting another one. So you do only port of apps, framework etc.
I'm doing something diffrent because i don't have a base, AOSP Roms cannot be the base for stock firmware, this will be the pain as hell to make it bootable and much more easy for me will be just go and buy G3 than spending my time for this, really.

zizuka

Oct 5, 2015
When does it bootloop? At home screen? Try enable adb in build.prop if still not working then its in kernel you shall enable adb

PolishVodka

Oct 4, 2012
This moment when you booting phone, seeing bootanimation, hearing boot sound, screen dimming and (here is bootloop) should show up home screen.
Adb is enabled in default.prop, cannot understand why phone isn't recognized by PC..
I'm trying now Marshmallow, hope to get better results, kernel and ramdisk job is done as I think, so let's try...

Edit: G3 Marshmallow - same as Lollipop, optimizing apps screen (all OK), bootanimation and bootloop...maybe something small in build.prop, must diff more g3 lp/g3 mm/g2 lp build.prop

Last edited:

zizuka

Oct 5, 2015
This moment when you booting phone, seeing bootanimation, hearing boot sound, screen dimming and (here is bootloop) should show up home screen.
Adb is enabled in default.prop, cannot understand why phone isn't recognized by PC..
I'm trying now Marshmallow, hope to get better results, kernel and ramdisk job is done as I think, so let's try...

Edit: G3 Marshmallow - same as Lollipop, optimizing apps screen (all OK), bootanimation and bootloop...maybe something small in build.prop, must diff more g3 lp/g3 mm/g2 lp build.prop

Still good progress. With abd enabled and with logs, it should be easy to locate the issue.
How is your upload speed? I can give it a go if you can upload it. 4 eyes better than 2, 2 brains better than 1 :p

You changed anything in build.prop yet? It could very well be something minor that causes bootloop.

Take a look in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2239421

adb + fastboot Installer (many devices) - attached
Marshmallow has removed adb from the /system/bin directory. For those wanting this functionality back, here's a simple installer to push static compiles of adb and fastboot to /system/xbin and uses a command wrapper to point adb to the correct HOME directory for compatibility. Detects and supports "systemless" install as well. It can then be used from Terminal while booted from that point on.

Last edited:

PolishVodka

Oct 4, 2012
Will upload tommorow if not going up to homescreen, but today I have more time for finding reason what's causing this bootloop, probably same issues for LP and MM.
All I need is adb, but not working. PATH to /sbin is in init.environ.rc , here is adb deamon so why this **** not starting? Was follow changes in init.xx.usb.rc and made some correct's but still adb not starting (sometimes I got only "??????? permissions denied" when typing "adb devices". In recovery mode adb working, when checking /data partition I got only kernel logs)

Reactions: 4everAnoob

zizuka

Oct 5, 2015
Will upload tommorow if not going up to homescreen, but today I have more time for finding reason what's causing this bootloop, probably same issues for LP and MM.
All I need is adb, but not working. PATH to /sbin is in init.environ.rc , here is adb deamon so why this **** not starting? Was follow changes in init.xx.usb.rc and made some correct's but still adb not starting (sometimes I got only "??????? permissions denied" when typing "adb devices". In recovery mode adb working, when checking /data partition I got only kernel logs)

Try after flashin the rom then just flash the zip/installer from the thread above :)

Edit: Start by uploading build.prop its a few KB :p
I may be able to spot the problem

Last edited:

zizuka

Oct 5, 2015
Just flash the adb installer and then we should be able to grab logs.

Build.prop looks fine. Nothing there that causes the bootloop, it is definetly something else. If i shall take a good guess then it is the kernel. Did you modify bootclasspath in kernel also?

Let me know when you have tried flashing the adb installer. It is our best chance. Need logs.

PolishVodka

Oct 4, 2012
Bootclasspath?
I've grabbed full ramdisk from g3, checked (this really need a lot of time) init scripts, changed/added everything's what's I know at this moment (still learning g2 stuff) and I'm almost sure - everything's here looks good. Unfortunately, still nothing. After adding some properties to default.prop about enabling logging, ROM even doesn't start, so I must be carefully here.
ADB installer doesn't change anything.
ROM after enabling SELinux to Enforced, does not boot too (reboot to recovery automatically).

zizuka

Oct 5, 2015
Bootclasspath?
I've grabbed full ramdisk from g3, checked (this really need a lot of time) init scripts, changed/added everything's what's I know at this moment (still learning g2 stuff) and I'm almost sure - everything's here looks good. Unfortunately, still nothing. After adding some properties to default.prop about enabling logging, ROM even doesn't start, so I must be carefully here.
ADB installer doesn't change anything.
ROM after enabling SELinux to Enforced, does not boot too (reboot to recovery automatically).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2245786

His guide is good because he has worked on LG ports before.

PolishVodka

Oct 4, 2012
Guy who made this guide has done a port of M8 firmware to Nexus 5 - respect.
But in this guide I do not see nothing more than I know.
Will compare kernel configs between g3_lp/g3_mm and g2_lp, maybe something here..
Edit: Here is log from G3 LP (bootloop on bootanimation)

Attachments

• system.log.zip
    76.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Pacer_456

Dec 7, 2015
London
Guy who made this guide has done a port of M8 firmware to Nexus 5 - respect.
But in this guide I do not see nothing more than I know.
Will compare kernel configs between g3_lp/g3_mm and g2_lp, maybe something here..
Edit: Here is log from G3 LP (bootloop on bootanimation)
Any news on what happened? Any progress?

sys01

Apr 18, 2014
Fermignano
@PolishVodka
I asked to my friend louis that ported cm to xiaomi mi5 about your log
And this is the results

"You tried to port the LG Camera app
but LG camera app is hardcoded for our pretty G5
Oh no ! You're running a LG device
If I had to bet, I guess the app is trying to save a video on external sdcard while there aren't any

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'int android.security.IKeystoreService.exist(java.lang.String, int)' on a null object reference
Or you entered chinese "letters" in the Wifi password"
He didn't know what you are doing, it was a blind question

Reactions: Pacer_456

4everAnoob

Oct 3, 2012
Hey guys what happened to this idea?
I would like to help but I only have very limited experience, my best work is building a tic tac toe game from scratch haha.

So is there any hope for a G3 to G2 port left?

Reactions: Pacer_456

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright guys.
    I was thinking we could work together to get Mashmallow ported to G2. We will use the original firmware from another LG and port it using CyanogenMod 6.0 for G2 as base.
    Who is up for it? I am asking devs. Users are always up for it but wants to work on getting it booting and running?

We start by forming a team.
    G3 Lollipop - booting, optimizing apps screen (174/174 all OK), boot animation with boot sound (which mean audio decoding working), screen dimmed and bootloop....
    Still fighting, but ****, adb not working...
    I'm still learning how working this device architecture, which binaries are necessary for working RIL, camera etc.
    As I think now, porting original MM from G3 should be possible and this ROM may working really good. For first step I'm porting stock LP from G3 because we have already kernel which can boot it without problems. I'm planning to use only minimum binaries from G2 LP (for working communication with ROM <> modem, thermal service, sensors, GPS probably...), GPU drivers should working because same adreno 330, camera is the same (?), bluetooth will work, av encoders should be from G2, decoders probably may stay from G3, lights driver without any changes should work...
    Between Qualcomm 800 and 801 shouldn't be any massive differences.
    For MM we need updated kernel first, but not CAF's because official firmware is based on AOSP code.

As for first run, failed. Stock LP from G3 doesn't boot yet (stuck on bootanimation).
    Must check deeper a ramdisk, maybe something is missing, hope so.
    But I've spent 30min for porting same way a official CM13, to check whats may working etc. from G2 using almost only kernel and Rom booting without problems. Audio-video decoders was working, wifi, lights, even av encoding (trying screenrecorder) working. But sensors, RIL, camera not...
    I'm still have hope to boot-up stock LP and then (after got some skill), Marshmallow from G3. Will see..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone