Dev's Requested

Search This thread

amiguielesl

Apr 23, 2012
Hi, does any Android developer own a Nokia 8, to start porting ROMs and developing suchs to it?
I believe we as a community can also provide founds for him/her/them if they need. Not much, but something.

I hope we can attract some devs for our terminal to rise !!! Lol

tabletmen

Oct 25, 2014
I already have some experience with creating custom ROMs and would like to make a LineageOS ROM for the Nokia 8 ;) Only the problem is that I do not have a Nokia 8 to start with :(

Reactions: amiguielesl

ajgftw

Apr 20, 2012
Perth
I think the Nokia 8 will continue to struggle and attract Devs because of the lack of bootloader unlock.
Until the device can easily be unlocked any roms that are developed will only be useful to the small amount of users who have managed to get thier bootloader unlocked.

Until then, rather spending our time and effort attracting rom developers, we would be better off using that time and effort coordinating all the Nokia 8 users to apply pressure to HMD to provide an official bootloader unlock method.

Reactions: amiguielesl

tabletmen

Oct 25, 2014
An official version of TWRP has recently become available for our Nokia 8 and it is now time for a custom ROM. As a developer, I would like to bring the first ROM to the Nokia 8. I want to start with LineageOS and after with Resurrection Remix OS. How much I want to make these custom ROMs for you, just do not have Nokia 8 at my disposal. So that's my problem.

spanorg

Feb 13, 2011
Patra
An official version of TWRP has recently become available for our Nokia 8 and it is now time for a custom ROM. As a developer, I would like to bring the first ROM to the Nokia 8. I want to start with LineageOS and after with Resurrection Remix OS. How much I want to make these custom ROMs for you, just do not have Nokia 8 at my disposal. So that's my problem.

How about bootloader? Are you going to unlock it?

tabletmen

Oct 25, 2014
Sure, I have some ideas to unlock the bootloader, I wanted to see if we can use the same way how the bootloader of the Verizon Pixel 2 XL is unlocked.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I already have some experience with creating custom ROMs and would like to make a LineageOS ROM for the Nokia 8 ;) Only the problem is that I do not have a Nokia 8 to start with :(
    I think the Nokia 8 will continue to struggle and attract Devs because of the lack of bootloader unlock.
    Until the device can easily be unlocked any roms that are developed will only be useful to the small amount of users who have managed to get thier bootloader unlocked.

Until then, rather spending our time and effort attracting rom developers, we would be better off using that time and effort coordinating all the Nokia 8 users to apply pressure to HMD to provide an official bootloader unlock method.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone