Devs - Verify something for me

Search This thread

.mak

Mar 17, 2008
Regarding HBOOT;

1.46 and 1.47 can root, while 1.49 cannot, correct?

Regarding the rooting process;

Rooting the phone does not change the HBOOT version. The version originally on the phone will remain the same after root, this is assuming Ivan's guide has been used to root.

That is all, thanks in advance.

fKngFtd

Mar 10, 2010
Fresno
I believe this has already been discussed. Root is only acquired via "root image" no exploit has been found. Meaning old hboot can be rooted, new hboot can NOT. "From what info I know."

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

homer169

Apr 18, 2010
From what I have read the old Hboot was never actually rooted. A root access copy was leaked, and that is how we got root.

.mak

Mar 17, 2008
I believe this has already been discussed. Root is only acquired via "root image" no exploit has been found. Meaning old hboot can be rooted, new hboot can NOT. "From what info I know."

From what I have read the old Hboot was never actually rooted. A root access copy was leaked, and that is how we got root.

Are either of you developers?

Regardless, if this hold true and the rooting process doesn't change your hboot version, I hold in my hand a miracle. I have a 1.49 Eris that's been rooted when it was on 1.5.

I still don't fully understand the hboot version debate going on, but I do know that my hboot version reads 1.49.

Anyone else want to chime in and explain what's going on here? I'd appreciate it.

homer169

Apr 18, 2010
I am not a developer, but I have a rooted Eris with hboot 1.49. I rooted before the v3 leak came out. When jcase posted the rooted rom I installed it. That's when my hboot changed. I never lost root, and my hboot was upgraded.

nindoja

Nov 24, 2009
.mak: The rooted roms are all running bootloader 1.47.

Leaked users are on 1.49.

So yes, to all of your questions.

homer169

Apr 18, 2010
.mak: The rooted roms are all running bootloader 1.47.

Leaked users are on 1.49.

So yes, to all of your questions.

Unless you had root and installed Jcase's leakbase4rom. Then you would have root and 1.49.

g00gl3

May 5, 2010
Chicago, IL
Are either of you developers?

Regardless, if this hold true and the rooting process doesn't change your hboot version, I hold in my hand a miracle. I have a 1.49 Eris that's been rooted when it was on 1.5.

I still don't fully understand the hboot version debate going on, but I do know that my hboot version reads 1.49.

Anyone else want to chime in and explain what's going on here? I'd appreciate it.

I am not a dev, but I will link you to the explanation from a dev. Framework43 explains it well.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6604000&postcount=13

*Edit: Oops, sorry .mak I just saw your reply in that thread. Lolz.

.mak

Mar 17, 2008
As it turns out, to those who didn't click the link above, the rooting process changes your HBOOT to 1.49 S-OFF, which is an engineering SPL, which is how we're able to install custom images to the Eris.

So, in short, my phone is not a miracle, it's just another rooted Eris, and my questions have been answered :)

fKngFtd

Mar 10, 2010
Fresno
So given your question. Does that mean that you can root, force s-off by following guide "backup before you root"?

Regarding HBOOT;

1.46 and 1.47 can root, while 1.49 cannot, correct?

Regarding the rooting process;

Rooting the phone does not change the HBOOT version. The version originally on the phone will remain the same after root, this is assuming Ivan's guide has been used to root.

That is all, thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------
Late reply, I'm not a dev, still in the process of learning how to program.