• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Dex mode on inner screen

Search This thread

izbr1234

Sep 15, 2008
Hi all,

I wondered, the fold is the biggest Samsung phone in terms of screen size.

Is there way to force 'dex mode' to the big display?

Thank you all :)

xenx

Feb 26, 2007
Everett, WA
Someone else asked about a week ago, with no replies. It wasn't an available feature on earlier models, and doesn't appear to be one now. While it could be possible someone will figure out how to work around it, it probably would have happened by now.

izbr1234

Sep 15, 2008
I can't understand why limit device if it can work as dex station.
Thanks for your reply.

xenx

Feb 26, 2007
Everett, WA
Thanks for your reply.
I get that the screen is larger than a regular phone and having the option wouldn't hurt us any. However, the tablets have larger screens, larger batteries, and keyboard/touchpad cases to bring them closer to a laptop. My best guess is that it's mostly the screen size and battery. It's either that, or they're restricting it as tablet exclusive to drive extra sales. Maybe all of the above.

Reactions: izbr1234

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I get that the screen is larger than a regular phone and having the option wouldn't hurt us any. However, the tablets have larger screens, larger batteries, and keyboard/touchpad cases to bring them closer to a laptop. My best guess is that it's mostly the screen size and battery. It's either that, or they're restricting it as tablet exclusive to drive extra sales. Maybe all of the above.
    it is not working. but samsung is pushing dex updates with major versions of OneUI, so maybe with end of year we would be able to run dex without external monitor :)
    Hope u are right, Looking forward for it.