Dex on PC for Note 9?

Search This thread

elmeniak

Mar 3, 2009
Sorry, it's a question, I've been reading and tried to put the missing note 10 files in note 9, modify the build.prop and it didn't work, it seems like a driver problem

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
There is no way to get Dex on PC for the Note 9 for now and because Samsung announced that all phones upgrading to OneUI 2.0 will have Dex on PC no one is trying to make it work on the Note 9 because we just need to wait for the next update.

hesaidthat

Sep 19, 2019
There is no way to get Dex on PC for the Note 9 for now and because Samsung announced that all phones upgrading to OneUI 2.0 will have Dex on PC no one is trying to make it work on the Note 9 because we just need to wait for the next update.

thts good so what we need to do is wait.
weird that the tab s6 not build in w this. sure they ll give him an update

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I was digging bit for this features and found many framework smalis related to dexonpc on N10 but there was nothing similar in N9
Usually samsung block feature on old device by just making changes in couple of smali but it seems there is nothing there on N9 for this feature (likely because when Pie launched on N9 there was nothing there related to this feature). Seems bit difficult to port standalone feature, rather porting full firmware may be easier (Not tried though). But I believe it should be easier on android 10 even if samsung block on N9 as they usually make common update of new OS and later minimally modify according device.

steftolo

Nov 29, 2008
Auxerre
Hello,

I am under Dr.Ketan's P14 ROM.
So I copy / paste the files in system / priv-app.
Then I restart.
By cons black screen, nothing works except the vibration of the home button that tells me it is on.
I tried Vol- + Bixby + Power but could not restart on recovery or download mode.
Please, could you help me?

After several attempts he finally started!
Here I am reassured.

Last edited:

StardustGeass

Jan 7, 2012
Jakarta
Hello,

I am under Dr.Ketan's P14 ROM.
So I copy / paste the files in system / priv-app.
Then I restart.
By cons black screen, nothing works except the vibration of the home button that tells me it is on.
I tried Vol- + Bixby + Power but could not restart on recovery or download mode.
Please, could you help me?

After several attempts he finally started!
Here I am reassured.

Um, I think you're on the wrong thread?

GrayNeel

Aug 22, 2017
Are there any news about the Note 9 support of Samsung DeX PC App?? Looking forward for the Android 10 public beta (with UI 2.0) maybe there's some kind of support right there?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was digging bit for this features and found many framework smalis related to dexonpc on N10 but there was nothing similar in N9
    Usually samsung block feature on old device by just making changes in couple of smali but it seems there is nothing there on N9 for this feature (likely because when Pie launched on N9 there was nothing there related to this feature). Seems bit difficult to port standalone feature, rather porting full firmware may be easier (Not tried though). But I believe it should be easier on android 10 even if samsung block on N9 as they usually make common update of new OS and later minimally modify according device.
    No news I'm afraid, it looks like we'll have to wait for the release of android 10 with OneUI 2.0 (beta)
    At least it looks like we don't have to wait for Android Q, the S10 line received an update running OneUI 1.1 along with Sept security patch which enabled DeX on PC functionality and some camera options from the N10.
    I'm confused, I have a Verizon note 9 and Samsung dex fires right up with an hdmi adapter to my TV..

I didn't have to add or install anything ?*♂️
    please re read the thread title and maybe even the whole contents of the thread awell... you'll get the picture.
    According to the Samsung website you need Pie, rooted in my case to copy the files to system/priv-app. But without the app needed for PC there's no way of knowing it will work.
    how did you get the dexonpc apk to stick? copied folder and set permissions and uppon reboot it's gone. tried without perms same thing(obviously). also tried to copy to system/app as well and no go.