Question Dex on z Flip 4

Search This thread

freefrank

Feb 8, 2007
nope. Samsung stated that all flips don't have DEX because of "lack of thermal capability".

dopepope

Nov 11, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
One of the biggest downsides to the flip imho. The fold 4 is much too pricey for me, so I'm not going to be forced into that upgrade just for Dex. The fact that a near $1000 phone has usb2 in 2022 is a joke. Surely they could limit current, voltage and speed in dex mode (heck my s9+ runs dex flawlessly) to save on thermals. My guess is they want to leave the Flip 4 as the phone for the masses, and make sure there are extra reasons to spend a ton more money on the Fold. I'm also probably just cynical.

Reactions: kevkid

doggydog2

One of the biggest downsides to the flip imho. The fold 4 is much too pricey for me, so I'm not going to be forced into that upgrade just for Dex. The fact that a near $1000 phone has usb2 in 2022 is a joke. Surely they could limit current, voltage and speed in dex mode (heck my s9+ runs dex flawlessly) to save on thermals. My guess is they want to leave the Flip 4 as the phone for the masses, and make sure there are extra reasons to spend a ton more money on the Fold. I'm also probably just cynical.
USB2.0 was just recently released in year 2000 ;) So let's wait.. Seriously, I don't think Fold competes with Flip. Fold has zero appeal for someone who's looking to compress phone size or simply have a flip phone. Fold is nothing like that.
For me DeX is like S-Pen: happy to have it, almost never using it:) I'd rather have camera under display or some new innovation. Looks like manufacturers didn't come with anything new since 120Hz screens. I almost upgraded Flip3, but realized there's literally nothing new I need.

Reactions: moSess

air bear

Oct 30, 2015
I kinda really wanted dex on mine so I could game with the 8 gen+ 1 on my monitor but sadly it doesn't support it in any way even wirelessly, but I still love it none the less, but if dex did come to the next iterations I'd immediately swap

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What about dex station? Flip 4 will work with that?
    dex pad: no
    dex station: no
    dex cable: no
    universal hdmi cable: no
    wireless dex: no
    dex on pc (usb): no
    USB2.0 was just recently released in year 2000 ;) So let's wait.. Seriously, I don't think Fold competes with Flip. Fold has zero appeal for someone who's looking to compress phone size or simply have a flip phone. Fold is nothing like that.
    For me DeX is like S-Pen: happy to have it, almost never using it:) I'd rather have camera under display or some new innovation. Looks like manufacturers didn't come with anything new since 120Hz screens. I almost upgraded Flip3, but realized there's literally nothing new I need.