[DFT]Freedom ROM for Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 V1

Search This thread

konker

Jan 9, 2006
Can this ROM be updated to WP7.8 via Cabs?

I'm running [DFT]Freedom ROM for Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 V1 on my Samsung Focus SGH-i917R (1st Gen).
I tried to run EasyWP7Updater to update it to WP7.8 Tango via cabs but could not get past the ROM backup step.
The utility kept saying 0% & there's no progress bar on my phone (a crossed out arrow in the direction of the phone) & a look at the restore point in the default backup folder reveals an empty folder.
Has anyone tried updating this ROM to Tango & met with success?
I've tried backing up my phone a year ago with WP7 Easy Backup Tool & it worked.
Thanks in advanced!

Konker

Update:
Had another Rev.1.4 Samsung Focus & flashed DFT v.1.4 ROM to test drive. Found out soon enough that the ROM cannot be updated using EasyWP7Updater or SevenEighter. Backup is still not working on the Rev.1.3 Samsung Focus still running DFT v.1.3 ROM.

Last edited:

FocusHelp

Dec 14, 2012
Restore

The same issue happens with CleanROM. It may be due to certificates.

If you Cab update you have to go from 7.10.8858 to 7.10.8860 to 7.10.8862

This is the method I used

1. Restore phone to default settings

2. Flash clean Rom 3.10a using steps shown here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1528984

3. You should now be on 7.10.8858

4. Cab Update to 7.10.8860 using this cab http://download.windowsupdate.com/m..._4a5e9f454174c7bdcb2da953d1e18fe5443ba7e8.cab

5. Cab update to 7.10.8862 using this cab http://download.windowsupdate.com/m..._d802531eab4e9bce3ab747805ea7e33fc8cd29bf.cab

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DFT Freedom ROM Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 V1

ROM Version: DFT Freedom ROM Samsung Focus (SGH-I917)Rev 1.3 V1

SYS Languages: USA/CHT/CHS/JPN/KOR/ENG/FRA/ITA/GER/ESN/HUN/CSY/PLK/NLD/DAN/FIN/NOR/SVE/PTB/PTG/RUS/ELL

DFT Chef Team: mwang@DF

Release Date: Feb.07,2012

Device model: Samsung Focus (SGH-I917)Rev 1.3

Driver Version: 2124.11.9.4

SYS Version: 7.10.8107.79

Features

1 Add UC browser,Registry editor & Bazaar
    2 Combine 15 Ringtone from Samsung's Operator and 15 wallpaper from Samsung/HTC,remove some operator's software
    3 Few tweaks ,DFT FullUnlock support XAP IE download and install,full play XBL games
    4 Add "never,15,30" option to Lockscreen screen time-out,ISharing,Static MAC Address,3G or E option
    5 Add Dark Goldenrod,Crimson,Navy,Chinese Red,,Golden 5 accents ,CurrentAccent-Chinese Red for celebrate Chinese New Year
    6 New DFT "У*ґє(welcome spring)"for 2nd boot screen,Happy New Year wallaper for lock screen
    7 Knew issues with TouchXplorer

Important Notes

1 You must have DFT's MAGLDR installed on your device & Samsung device driver in your PC
    Link to MAGLDR installer thread
    2 Flash custom ROM always has a risk, be careful!
    3 Before doing anything, make sure you have more than 50% battery!
    4 Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

Disclaimer: This product is free to use at your own risk. We take NO responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by this procedure. No warranties implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product. No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.

Distribution

You are free to distribe this ROM after 8days of release date except friendship forum of DFT which allow to distribe after 5 days of release,but only WITH LINK to official source
    Under official source I am considering this thread on DFT
    This ROM NOT allow for commercial use also NOT allow xda.cn forum,nduoo forum to distribe or use this ROM
    You must NOT use any components from this ROM if you need free feel PM to me for permission
    I will collect feedback for the future development/improvements of this ROM series
    Please respect our work!

Download link

Special thanks

DFT developer team member - bepe,Cotulla,mamaich.....
    HD2Owner his hard working art work
    Julien Schapman for registry editor applications
    Lidan and Ofir Windows Phone Bazaar - Alternating Windows Phone Marketplace
    Special thanks for HTC Fanboys for file hosting.

Happy Chinese New Year and Welcome Year of Gold Dragon!!
    It's not that much of a departure from the Stock ROM, but a good start nonetheless.
    It has the wifi internet sharing option enabled, which was not present in the stock ROM for me.
    Also a major reason why battery life is so fantastic for me (17 hours, 92% with moderate usage, whatsapp, 2 push email accounts and location on) is because I don't have HSDPA/3G on this no. Which means I can toggle to Edge. This wasn't there in the stock ROM too.
    The tweaks mentioned by the OP and the removal of a few apps might have made the system snappier and battery friendly too.

It's a good start mate. This isn't a spit and polish job. It's a good custom ROM.

Very informative and thank you for taking the time!
    Question - Does "FullUnlock" not include Carrier/Network Unlock? After installing this ROM, my phone is still locked to AT&T.

I am assuming then that although MAGLDR hacks the bootloader and DFT ROM offers full root access, the Network is still locked unless I do an IMEI unlock.

Quoting from Focus wiki:
    Formatting, Flashing, upgrading, downgrading OS and firwmare doesn't affect Network lock (SIM lock).
    Locks are in NVRAM - you do not overwrite this section by flashing firmware or formatting.
    If the device is already SIM unlocked, flashing/updating/downgrading/formatting/etc the ROM will keep the phone unlocked.

So yes, your phone will still be locked to AT&T until you will enter your NCK code (unlock via IMEI).
    Could you please remove spyware UC browser, which redirects both web data and user information to its own site? We need a clean ROM.

I had no ideal what you talking about , do you download the rom from this thread download link ? where is UCWEB in my 22 langs ROM ? can you show me ? can you read the thread one more time ?

UCWEB only in 3 langs ROM which didnt release in here and its release at DFT.cn for Chinese member only , if you download from DFT,cn than you not allow complain in here because in here 22 langs rom dont had it, got that ?
    It's not that much of a departure from the Stock ROM, but a good start nonetheless.
    It has the wifi internet sharing option enabled, which was not present in the stock ROM for me.
    Also a major reason why battery life is so fantastic for me (17 hours, 92% with moderate usage, whatsapp, 2 push email accounts and location on) is because I don't have HSDPA/3G on this no. Which means I can toggle to Edge. This wasn't there in the stock ROM too.
    The tweaks mentioned by the OP and the removal of a few apps might have made the system snappier and battery friendly too.

It's a good start mate. This isn't a spit and polish job. It's a good custom ROM.