[DFT] HSPL for HTC WP7 Second Generation

Search This thread

link68759

Jun 20, 2010
Razer Phone 2
Sony Xperia 5 II
anything you said to them in particular?
HTC Titan does have a SPL update from HTC (http://www.htc.com/www/help/htc-titan/#download)

Tell them you tried to update the SPL because you thought you were missing the 8107 update for WP7, and after seeing this page, you thought that this would make
the update pop up in zune.

That's when you discovered the pre existing f400 error (or not pre existing, you have SPL 2.05 no? They might question that when you send it in... so you might want to tell them it happened after you flashed the 2.06 update and play dumb if they ask you why it's 2.05).

Tell them phone is working for now, but that the f400 error doesn't let you hard reset (you actually shouldn't be able to hard reset so this is true).
Not being able to hard reset, you have concerns that a future update might break WP7, and normally you would hard reset if this happens, but if WP7 isn't working (you can't get to the reset button in WP7) and the bootloader doesn't let you hard reset, you would like to get this probable catch 22 fixed now while still under warranty.

All HTC devices have a one year manufacturers warranty so you should still be covered.

If you get the phone back, and it's fixed, you try flashing it again and it breaks... cotulla has some work to do :/
Don't send your phone back a second time.

I actually told them the truth: I have SPL 1.10, I was unable to update to 2.05 because f400 and I want to flash a custom rom. The guy was apprehensive, but he accepted that not being able to hard reset is indeed a problem, and said that as long as I never got the device to flash I was still under warranty as far as he was concerned. I think that as long as you don't have HSPL you can send it in...

Last edited:

pete777

May 12, 2007
Bratislava
Unlocked EU Radar here. Worked like dream, even without goldcard..It was really simple, easier then rooting my previous android phones. Thanks a lot everybody from DFT team.

thien8100

Jul 18, 2009
help me HTC RADAR C110e

Please guide me how to install HSPL!
I have an HTC phone C110e Radar,
- MID: PI06100,
- SPL: 1.8.160015.3 (131,745),
- EMMC SAMSUNG 7376MB,
- TOUCH A1 (F: 80, ID 10, V20, B: AA)
- Radio: 16.23.02.09_2
I can not be installed HSPL. My phones Firmware revision number: 1600.220.10801.707
Expect people to help me.
Thanks very much

aevries

May 8, 2005
OK. I changed the computer. Instead of two XP Sp3 machines I tryed a Win7 comp. and USBWorkHSPL.cpp (307) didn't happen. Everything went smooth as butter. So my 5cents are to use a Windows 7 computer to do the flashing.
I would only underline that after SPL I never got 2.05 but 2,5 always, and still everything worked.
Now I am finaly unlocked and happy!
Thanks a million Coutula !
:D

Same for me. It seems it's not working on XP

gkol

Oct 24, 2009
RUU_ETERNITY_Radio_Signed_17.5006.08.27_17.08.50.0 6.7z

I really need the RUU_ETERNITY_Radio_Signed_17.5006.08.27_17.08.50.06.7z, because the FileFactory says : Sorry, the server hosting the file you are requesting is currently down for maintenance. Please check back soon.

Pls!

link68759

Jun 20, 2010
Razer Phone 2
Sony Xperia 5 II
Aight...

I bought a new AT&T Titan, unsealed the box, SPL shows Serial/USB when I held down both volume buttons at boot.

I put it in USB host mode.... and bam, stuck at the loading screen. Reboot the phone into SPL (hold both vol buttons) and f400 error shows up.

However I now think that this can still be fixed with goldcard, I'm just doing something wrong or maybe my two Titans are somehow different?

So let's go over VERY thoroughly the process of flashing SPL 2.05

Materials tested:

8GB microSD, 32GB microSD and 4GB microSD

USB microSD reader, two different HD2s as a mass storage device (android / wimmo / magldr usb mass storage modes)

I only have ONE Y usb cable and one USB coupler... it worked when I plugged in one end to my phone and another end to my computer to test, and the flashing LED on my card reader indicates that my Titans are indeed reading the card...

Steps taken:

Used SD formatter 3.1 to quick format all cards with fat32
Used HD2 android to find the CID of all cards, generated three different img files using the site linked in goldcard tool.exe
Used the goldcard tool to patch the mmc of each.
Copied the ETERIMG.nbh to the SD cards.
Used various combinations of HD2s and the USB microSD reader with the Titan in USB host mode, each resulting in the same problem; stuck at the "Loading..." screen, forever after the LED has stopped blinking on the microSD reader.

What am I doing wrong? Could my cable somehow be bad? I already tried to redownload the hspl package in case the first one was corrupted... I'm going insane here

Reactions: nikola92

link68759

Jun 20, 2010
Razer Phone 2
Sony Xperia 5 II
OK guys, it is easy to recover from f400, but I have yet to make the f400 go away...

I used the generic goldcard image from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24809318#post24809318

I tried every USB mass storage device in my house. Eventually, one Sandisk 1GB flash drive did the trick, I was able to update to 2.05! However, while it still says "f400", USB and Serial shows up and works. So I flashed the stock ROM to get back to SPL 1.10, hoping it would eliminate f400. No dice, whats more USB and Serial were gone again.

Brought myself back up to 2.05, f400 still there, USB works again. Flash HSPL, it works! But f400 is still there, and USB is gone so I can't flash the ROM... :/

Currently flashing the custom ROM using goldcard.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Flashed Cotulla's custom ROM using goldcard after having applied HSPL
f400 is gone!
USB works!

If anyone else suffers from f400 and needs help, PM me

Last edited:
Reactions: nikola92

IronMan1289

Nov 29, 2011
Bakersfield
Cotulla

Is anyone else having the problem where spl. 2.5 cannot be overwritten?
HSPL will not install and flashing original rom doesn't change it back.

Any chance you can make a tool that will flash and overwrite your "1_SPL205" its almost like when I flashed it the first time it locked and doesn't allow change.

Thanks for everything,

link68759

Jun 20, 2010
Razer Phone 2
Sony Xperia 5 II

Any chance you can make a tool that will flash and overwrite your "1_SPL205" its almost like when I flashed it the first time it locked and doesn't allow change.

Thanks for everything,

Yeah my second titan is stuck on 2.05

Sent from my TITAN X310e using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Gizumhi

Oct 15, 2010
Is it possible to use usb hub to get goldcard process?

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

Cotulla

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2007
I am working under fixed for some issues (for flashing on WXP for example)

Is it possible to use usb hub to get goldcard process?
You can try . . . who stops u :) but I give only 20% of likelihood to that!

Did u try to run HSPL wizard again and select OSPL item?

anhthai

Feb 4, 2010
HỒ CHÍ MINH
I am working under fixed for some issues (for flashing on WXP for example)

You can try . . . who stops u :) but I give only 20% of likelihood to that!

Did u try to run HSPL wizard again and select OSPL item?

SPL 2.05 and can't install HSPL
OSPL Error.
Capture-22.png

Gizumhi

Oct 15, 2010
Cotulla, what's likelihood? Hehe

are U working also on vendor's id prob?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    /DFT HSPL WP7S\
    HSPL_WP7S_LOGO3.jpg

HSPL

for HTC second generation devices
    with Windows Phone 7

for HTC Titan/Omegia

After a hard and long work during few months, our team proudly presents our release.
    We tried to make it simple as usual, but it's not really easy task.
    So the current HSPL installation requires rather big amount of actions with device.
    This release consists from HSPL wizard and a special set of files.

Do not update your device to 4.XX ROMs via RUU or Zune!
    It's not known if possible to revert that SPL versions back.

Supported WP7S devices

*Omega (HTC Radar C110e)
    *Titan (HTC Eternity X310e)

HTC Radiant (Titan II) IS NOT SUPPORTED!

Both Omegas are supported regardless of body color :D

Most of these devices have several MIDs (ModelID, looks like “PI391100”).
    The current release supports only some limited numbers of MIDs. This was designed to minimize a possible harm to user’s devices.

List of supported MIDs:

Titan: "PI39****", “PI391100", "PI391000"
    Omega: "PI06****”, “PI061100, “PI061000"

!Please note that on SPL screen MID is only 7 symbols, without last one.!

Programs stops any operations if unknown MID detected. If your device have unknown MID, please report about it in this thread.
    Specify your MID, device name, ROM versions. It’s nice, if you can give a link to download ROM.

Basic stuff to know

SPL is Secondary Program Loader. It allows to flash ROMs to device.
    Without working SPL device is fully bricked, you can’t restore it. It’s why all operations with SPL are dangerous.
    OSPL is Original SPL. This SPL comes with stock ROM and doesn’t allow to flash custom stuffs.
    HSPL is Hard SPL. It’s permanently flashed to internal device memory and replaces OSPL. After soft reset you still have HSPL instead of OSPL.

Installation

for Titan:

0. Try to install right SPL with RUU.
    If it your device has different CID it will fail with Country ID error.
    If it fails continue with GoldCard.
    1. You need USB Y-cable and GoldCard.
    There are several instructions already on the XDA how to use Y-cable and use GoldCard.
    Instructions for HTC WP7F can be used without problems.
    2. You need to copy file from archive to your SD card ETERIMG.nbh
    3. Reset your device with holding Volume Down + Camera buttons to enter USB Host mode inside SPL.
    4. It should be flashed to device.
    5. After reboot enter SPL by holding VolumeDown and VolumeUp keys. It should show "2.05 MFG"
    6. Connect your device to PC and run HSPL Wizard to install.
    7. Select "2.05 - HSPL" to install HSPL.
    8. After reboot may enter USB Host mode again: try to hold VolumeUp+VolumeDown keys to prevent it.
    9. After reboot check that HSPL is installed. You should see "HSPL" and "CotullaH"

for Omega:

0. Try to install right SPL with RUU.
    If it your device has different CID it will fail with Country ID error.
    If it fails continue with GoldCard.
    1. Update your Omega via Zune as high as possible. You must apply HTC OEM update.
    Some RADIO versions are not able to flash another version from SPL.
    2. You need USB Y-cable and GoldCard.
    There are several instructions already on the XDA how to use Y-cable and use GoldCard.
    Instructions for HTC WP7F can be used without problems.
    3. You need to copy file from archive to your SD card OMEGIMG.nbh
    4. Reset your device with holding Volume Down + Camera buttons to enter USB Host mode inside SPL.
    5. It should be flashed to device.
    6. After reboot enter SPL by holding VolumeDown and VolumeUp keys. It should show "2.05 MFG"
    7. Connect your device to PC and run HSPL Wizard to install.
    8. Select "2.05 - HSPL" to install HSPL.
    9. After reboot may enter USB Host mode again: try to hold VolumeUp+VolumeDown keys to prevent it. Or open and close cover.
    10. After reboot check that HSPL is installed. You should see "HSPL" and "CotullaH"

If you got problems during flashing Omega with GoldCard on RADIO item, you should run MTTY and run "set 14 0" command.
    Then you will able to boot into WP7 and update via Zune OEM. Then you can try to install HSPL again.

Deinstallation

1. Flash stock ROM via RUU.
    -=OR=-
    Run HSPL wizard and choose "2.05 - OSPL" to restore stock SPL.
    2. Do not forget to make poker face in repair center!

Important Notes

-2: New ROMs come with 1750 version must have same radio (with 1750 also). You need to have same OEM and RADIO version, otherwise ROM won't boot.
    -1: It seems that it's a bug inside SPL: you can connect device in SPL mode to PC via USB only ONCE.
    You need reset device to connect it again.
    0. You will lost all data during HSPL installation. Make a backup before.
    1. Before doing any operations be sure you have battery level more than 50%!
    2. Battery is NOT charged in SPL mode with USB connected!
    Sometimes in SPL mode WP7F devices DO NOT charge. You may got a dusty brick if it was powered down during SPL or RADIO update!
    3. Stock RUU ROMs have two NBH files inside, SPL_Signed and RUU_Signed.
    So it's not possible directly flash stock ROM, you need to remove SPL from NBH.
    4. Rememeber if you have HSPL and you flashing stock RUU_Signed.nbh you lost HSPL!
    5. Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7. Is not tested on Windows 8.

Warranty Issues

Be warned, using this release may void your warranty.
    If you need to send your device to a Repair Centre, make sure that it looks like stock! Install stock official ROM before go to Repair Centre.

Disclaimer

This product is free to use at your own risk. We take NO responsibility for any
    conflict, fault, or damage caused by this procedure. No warranties implied or
    otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product. No problems were found while
    testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.

Links

Download

The first custom ROM for HTC Omega
    The first custom ROM for HTC Titan

Special thanks

HD2Owner, for his great graphic work!

Official DFT site (Chinese)

Best regards, DFT, 01.06.2012

Installation for OMEGA

omega.png

1. Try to flash via RUU: Go to 1_SPL205\OMEGA folder and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    2. If flash fails with error "Country ID error" you should use gold card to flash.
    3. Create gold card and prepare flashing.
    You can use this Instruction for example.
    4. Copy 1_SPL205\OMEGA\OMEGIMG.nbh to your SD card.
    5. Hold VolumeDown + Camera keys to enter USB Host mode.
    6. Flash
    7. If flash fails with RADIO error you need to update device via Zune.
    Use "set 14 0" command via MTTY to disable auto boot to SPL.
    Read more about MTTY here. After update do again from step 5.
    8. After reboot you need to check 2.05 MFG should appear in SPL screen.
    9. Run HSPL wizard to install HSPL. Choose "2.05 - HSPL"
    10. Done

Installation for TITAN

titan.png

1. Try to flash via RUU: Go to 1_SPL205\TITAN folder and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    2. If flash fails with error "Country ID error" you should use gold card to flash.
    3. Create gold card and prepare flashing.
    You can use this Instruction for example.
    4. Copy 1_SPL205\TITAN\ETERIMG.nbh to your SD card.
    5. Hold VolumeDown + Camera keys to enter USB Host mode.
    6. Flash
    7. After reboot you need to check 2.05 MFG should appear in SPL screen.
    8. Run HSPL wizard to install HSPL. Choose "2.05 - HSPL"
    10. Done

These are the steps to flash the Custom Rom on the HTC Titan.
    Mine is an European Unlocked HTC Titan.

You need to download :
    1) DFT__HSPL_WP7SG1.rar
    2) DFT Eternity 24 langs Freedom V1 Pearl Edition.7z
    3) RUU_ETERNITY_Radio_Signed_17.5006.08.27_17.08.50.06.7z

To enter in SPL mode you have to press BOTH volume up and volume down while you turn on your device using the power button.

In SPL mode you will see a white screen with some informations like the version of the bootloader and the version of the radio driver. At the bottom of the SPL mode screen you will read something like "USB" and "IMAGE CRC" and "FACTORY RESET".

Steps :

1) Turn off your HTC Titan.
    2) Turn on your HTC Titan while pressing BOTH volume up and volume down. You will enter SPL mode by doing so.
    3) Unrar the compressed file DFT__HSPL_WP7SG1.rar
    4) Go into DFT_HSPL_WP7SG1\1_SPL205\TITAN\ inside the directory where you extracted the file DFT__HSPL_WP7SG1.rar
    5) Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    6) Wait till the precedure finish to install SPL (0% -> 100%)
    7) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.
    8) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.
    9) Go into DFT_HSPL_WP7SG1\2_HSPL\
    10) Run SFT_HSPL_WP7SG1_INSTALL.exe
    11) Install HSPL following the istructions on screen.
    12) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.
    13) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.
    14) This time you should be able to read HSPL2.5.160015.3 and CotullaH at the top of the SPL screen
    15) Unrar the compressed file DFT Eternity 24 langs Freedom V1 Pearl Edition.7z
    16) Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    17) Wait till the precedure finish to install the custom rom (0% -> 100% , it will be slower this time)
    18) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.

If now you are stuck on HTC screen (WP doesn't start up) you need to upgrade the radio driver :

19) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.
    20) Unrar the compressed file RUU_ETERNITY_Radio_Signed_17.5006.08.27_17.08.50.06.7z
    21) Start ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    22) If you enter SPL mode one last time you should be able to see the updated radio driver version.

That's what I did to make it work on my Unlocked European HTC Titan.

EDIT : Instead of using "DFT Eternity 24 langs Freedom V1 Pearl Edition.7z" you can use any other ROM ... for example ultrashot Dynamics7 v2.0 WP7.8