• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Diagnosis of stucking boot logo in android device

Search This thread
Oct 18, 2021
Hello sir,I want complete information about stucking of android device on boot logo.i mean to ask when any android device stuck on boot logo then does it mean that android os bootloader is loaded into ram but next process of booting is loading kernel or init so does it mean that kernel is not loading into ram or kernel is loaded but init or shell is not loading into ram.please help me and provide all complete information about this.please reply

Oct 18, 2021
Look inside here:

Thank you for replying.
Here when any android device stuck on logo does it means that bootloader is executed and next section of boot execution path is not loading or executing.so please mention which particular section of boot execution path is not executing.
Thank you

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
Well, there are several possible reasons that causes the Android stuck on boot screen issue, including inproperly unlocked bootloader, inproperly applied patches like TWRP / Magisk, system crash due to having rooted Android, incompatible third-party software, hardware damage and etc.pp.

IMO it's not easy to find out at what stage the boot process fails. At least IDK how to do so.

Oct 18, 2021
Well, there are several possible reasons that causes the Android stuck on boot screen issue, including inproperly unlocked bootloader, inproperly applied patches like TWRP / Magisk, system crash due to having rooted Android, incompatible third-party software, hardware damage and etc.pp.

IMO it's not easy to find out at what stage the boot process fails. At least IDK how to do so.

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
Unlocking a device's bootloader allows you to operate on / manage its settings.

Rooting a device's Android means adding superuser functionality to Android OS.

As you can see these actions are 2 completely different things, independant of each other.

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
It is my understanding that a device cannot be rooted, but only an operating system (here: Android). :)

Almost every 2nd thread in this forum testifies to the fact that the attempt to root Android can go wrong, that Android then no longer starts.

Since Android in the past has been largely protected from user-changes by DM-VERITY / AVB protection mechanism, the chance to brick Android when trying to root Android has become very high.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021
It is my understanding that a device cannot be rooted, but only an operating system (here: Android). :)

Almost every 2nd thread in this forum testifies to the fact that the attempt to root Android can go wrong, that Android then no longer starts.

Since Android in the past has been largely protected from user-changes by DM-VERITY / AVB protection mechanism, the chance to brick Android when trying to root Android has become very high.
Rooting of android os let's user to have superuser functionality it's mean this functionality or rooting is harmful for operating system.is it correct?
Thanks

Last edited:

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
A SUPERUSER ( AKA ROOT ) on Android OS is comparable to what ADMINISTRATOR is on Windows OS.

Again:

Rooting is the act of unlocking the Android OS to gain complete control over the device through which you ( even everyone ) can access hidden files, change the ROM or install certain special apps.

Oct 18, 2021
A SUPERUSER ( AKA ROOT ) on Android OS is comparable to what ADMINISTRATOR is on Windows OS.

Again:

Rooting is the act of unlocking the Android OS to gain complete control over the device through which you ( even everyone ) can access hidden files, change the ROM or install certain special apps.
Is it possible to unlock android os without rooting because in many cases rooting causes device bricked as we have seen in many threads users have mentioned issue that their device is not starting completly And stuck on boot logo.if it is then we can minimise atleast one cause of stucking of android os on boot logo and system crash due to rooted Android OS
Thank you.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021
I got some possible reason of not booting of android os completely is
1. system server is not executing completly because if boot animation is showing on screen means stage of zygote and delvik process is completed and executed.next process that should to be execute is system server.
2.At system server stage system server gets started as soon as delvik is initialized And running.so the execution of some part of system server May be taking place and same of
Other parts is not taking place that may be Android_servers.
Thank you please reply

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
Is it possible to unlock android os without rooting because in many cases rooting causes device bricked as we have seen in many threads users have mentioned issue that their device is not starting completly And stuck on boot logo.if it is then we can minimise atleast one cause of stucking of android os on boot logo and system crash due to rooted Android OS
Thank you.
As I can see you didn't get it - for whatever reason.

ROOTING ANDROID OS ONLY INFLUENCES DEVICE'S BOOT-UP PROCESS IF ROOTING WAS EXECUTED INCORRECTLY.

Remember: Rooting Android OS means to add SUPERUSER ( read: SU cmdlet ) to it - what can get achieved by different methods.

AFAIK most users actually use Magisk to add SUPERUSER ( AKA root ) to Android OS - what in my eyes is an absolutely unnecessary undertaking, especially if Android OS's version is 6 and higher.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021
As I can see you didn't get it - for whatever reason.

ROOTING ANDROID OS ONLY INFLUENCES DEVICE'S BOOT-UP PROCESS IF ROOTING WAS EXECUTED INCORRECTLY.

Remember: Rooting Android OS means to add SUPERUSER ( read: SU cmdlet ) to it - what can get achieved by different methods.

AFAIK most users actually use Magisk to add SUPERUSER ( AKA root ) to Android OS - what in my eyes is an absolutely unnecessary undertaking, especially if Android OS's version is 6 and higher.
Reason that I have found of not booting completely of android os when stuck do you Find it correct or incorrect.
Thank you for replying