• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DIALER MOD][ALL ROMs]>>Calls Recording<< now MULTILANG

Search This thread

sicopat

Oct 21, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi I build a little script to apply modified Criskelo CallRec Mod to any ROMs.

scaled.php

scaled.php

You just need CWM recovery

In fact even odexed ROMs can use without any trouble deodexed APKs. It is already the fact in officials firmwares for some APKs (like samsungapps.apk for example)

My script will :
* backup all needed files APK and odex (to revert if wanted)
* copy needed deodexed files
* delete .odex files if present​

You will have to clear dalvik cache, and sometimes, the first boot will bootloops and you will have to power off then boot again.​

Records are saved in : /sdcard/sounds/ in .arm

Links to CWM installable zip :

* Only English CallRec Dialer Language : ALL_ROM_Addcallrecorder_SicOpaT.zip 2.63 MB
* Multilanguage CallRec Dialer (beta) : ALL_ROM_Addcallrecorder_MultiLang_SicOpaT.zip (3.06 MB)
* Return Stock Dialer : Back_from_REC_CALL_SicOpaT.zip 192.08 KB

Credits to :
Criskelo who did the hard job and gave us the english "RecCall" files

Edit : 09/09/11
Please if this Mod work or work not for you can you post :
Firmware version - Rom used
Your Network
Your langage (GS2 langage)

Will try to find if this is a network provider trouble or a langage trouble.
I am working on a better allignement in the InCallscreen :)

Last edited:

DSA

May 15, 2011
Brilliant, thanks for releasing this for everyone (and thanks to criskelo)

This is a great mod, and you are a top notch modder :)

Reactions: azadan

Crysis21

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2010
Timisoara
I have a question. Who did the original Phone recording mod on SGS 2?

I'm having problem using the modified recordin phone.apk on my phone. everytime I get FC's after applying them. Anyone knows a solution? nothing relevant in logcat:|

sicopat

Oct 21, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S20
I have a question. Who did the original Phone recording mod on SGS 2?

I'm having problem using the modified recordin phone.apk on my phone. everytime I get FC's after applying them. Anyone knows a solution? nothing relevant in logcat:|

Hi Crysis21,
Actual files were ported by Criskelo.
I alrady tried an older CallRec Mod from MicioMax : showpost.php?p=14728439&postcount=1

Did you try my way of use the mod ? I used to have FC too, when using odexed files from Criskelo. Using deodexed files it is working well :)

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
sorry for the little of topic, but is there anyone who knows what should I edit to port those files to SGS I9000 gingerbrebread 2.3.4?

thanks in advance.

clownage

Jul 14, 2010
is there anyway to make it so that all calls are automatically recorded and then after when you hang up it then asks you if you want to save it or not? similar to the "total recall" app...

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
is there anyway to make it so that all calls are automatically recorded and then after when you hang up it then asks you if you want to save it or not? similar to the "total recall" app...

As you said you can find apps in the market to record your calls automatically.

The point of the mod is:
1-it's integrated in the phone app, so there is no need to use any other external app
2-you can select when you want to record a call ;

robster23

Oct 20, 2007
added a beta Multilanguage Dialer with Record Calls :)

Please give me yours feebacks :D

Hey, it is not working for me. I have installed it with CWM and then I wiped the dalvic cache... But after reboot I did not get a chance to enter my pin. A failure appeared saying something is wrong with the process com.android.mms.
Sorry for my english.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Chaladino

Jul 22, 2011
Hello there Salut à tous.....

Im new to this forum ... glad to be in this community....
I m just a starter with rooting and custom rom testing

I have not tested this mod yet, didnt find the time, but I have read carefully this whole thread to make my opinion about it.
Just forgive me if my Question is out of point.. : maybe your mod includes what I'm looking for already.

Question :... is there a way to mod this gem, allowing it to save the recordings directly in wav format... I hate AMR, obviously for quality and compatibility reasons.... just think that WAV format is more universal...

But I understand, correct me if Im wrong that AMR is native in the cores of our phones... ?? maybe less ressource demanding ? I had to face the same AMR stuff with previous Nokia phone....

Sounds like a Great job anyway, It could be even greater if we could select from differents recording qualities and format...

is it possible ?

Thanks - Merci

sicopat

Oct 21, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hello there Salut à tous.....

Im new to this forum ... glad to be in this community....
I m just a starter with rooting and custom rom testing

I have not tested this mod yet, didnt find the time, but I have read carefully this whole thread to make my opinion about it.
Just forgive me if my Question is out of point.. : maybe your mod includes what I'm looking for already.

Question :... is there a way to mod this gem, allowing it to save the recordings directly in wav format... I hate AMR, obviously for quality and compatibility reasons.... just think that WAV format is more universal...

But I understand, correct me if Im wrong that AMR is native in the cores of our phones... ?? maybe less ressource demanding ? I had to face the same AMR stuff with previous Nokia phone....

Sounds like a Great job anyway, It could be even greater if we could select from differents recording qualities and format...

is it possible ?

Thanks - Merci

In fact, I believe this mod is derived from korean phone.apk of GS2 witch stock have callrec.
This is not a certitude ...

There are many apks on market to record calls, perhaps one will satisfy you.
I am not able to dev enought to modify output format or quality.
Perhaps others ... ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: Chaladino

sylvesterb

Dec 27, 2010
It's not working for me. After i installed it the phone was really slow and when i entered my pincode it took 10 seconds before i saw the dots.

XWKF3

sicopat

Oct 21, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S20
It's not working for me. After i installed it the phone was really slow and when i entered my pincode it took 10 seconds before i saw the dots.

XWKF3

Dis you try to reboot to see if everythings was fine ? (first boot is alway long and possibly trouble cause you can go from odexed phone to deodexed phone dalvik cache must change)
Try to delete cache partition and dalvik cache in CWM recovery

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts