Question Did anyone get the December update yet?

Search This thread

gnite6

Nov 11, 2021
I just noticed that the notification shade has finally received a clock after the December update (earlier you had to pull down twice to see the time).

Si73

Nov 15, 2007
Suffolk
Oh gawd,

I've just sideloaded 016.A4 onto UK google purchased pixel 6. I have no idea what was on there before - d'oh

What are the ramifications of this??

It seems fine so far. 5G signal is better. FP reader is better. battery life seems worse but that will hopefully settle.

Should I panic??

Google pushed 016.A4 to my phone automatically and like you I'm in the UK with an unlocked phone. But reception has definitely suffered in my case.

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
Still no update here either, USA unlocked from Google, on AT&T. I am beginning to think Google pulled it from OTA due to the reception issues. I am beginning to be thankful my sideloading didn't work.

keithy999

Mar 14, 2011
Google pushed 016.A4 to my phone automatically and like you I'm in the UK with an unlocked phone. But reception has definitely suffered in my case.
Now I've been using for a bit, 5G is definitely better (i.e. it grabs onto it more often even if a little weak) 4G has taken a backwards step however :(

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
Still no update here either, USA unlocked from Google, on AT&T. I am beginning to think Google pulled it from OTA due to the reception issues. I am beginning to be thankful my sideloading didn't work.

Same here (USA, AT&T, Unlocked from Google). No update, but I too am thankful after reading about the reception issues. Maybe they should have hired devs for their ROM division and not TJW for security :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Nimueh

jguy

Nov 17, 2007
Google Pixel 6
I have a Pixel 6 from Verizon on Verizon. I sideloaded the US version. Everythings been good except my signal. I used to bearly get service at the home but I always had it. Now it doesn't stay connected at all at all home. Anyone with a Verizon pixel sideload? Seems like everyone on here is using an unlocked device.

I have a Pixel 6 from Verizon on Verizon. I sideloaded the US version. Everythings been good except my signal. I used to bearly get service at the home but I always had it. Now it doesn't stay connected at all at all home. Anyone with a Verizon pixel sideload? Seems like everyone on here is using an unlocked device.
I don't think it matters, even unlocked folks are seeing signal losses. I think I'm one of them but I still have signal, it just appears to be worse than before. I think this is also leading to more battery drain. I'm on Verizon as well and sideloaded the 017 version.

dwhidden

Mar 13, 2018
I have a verizon pixel 6, no update yet for me. Actually comforting knowing I'm not the only one out there.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
1A.210817.036

I'm in the UK.
That's an old one. So you're still on the October security patch level then. I'm not sure what's going on with these updates but there is a later Nov update which you might want to sideload. I'd stay away from the December one until they fix it. This is one horrible rollout.

arbrouwer

Jul 11, 2010
Bought my phone locked from T-Mobile, they have since sim unlocked it for me. Any advice on future updates if I should sideload the global image or carrier image?

Scottay5150

Jan 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm in the United States, AT&T, Google Store purchased Pixel 6 Pro. No OTA update yet.

Wasn't there a way back in the day to clear data from an app to possibly trigger the OTA?

TIA.

PS: I just downloaded the play update! Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Last edited:

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
I'm in the United States, AT&T, Google Store purchased Pixel 6 Pro. No OTA update yet.

Wasn't there a way back in the day to clear data from an app to possibly trigger the OTA?

TIA.

PS: I just downloaded the play update! Hopefully a sign of things to come.

You don't want it. There's a ton of reception issues out there. Some people aren't effected, lots are.

Reactions: Scottay5150

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
@vandyman You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You tried but alas it was not to be. There are a few threads on Reddit and here that not many have received the update OTA. I think at the outset it was rolled out to a few but then the reports started coming in and they halted distribution, but I'm not sure and they haven't be very forthcoming. There's only less than 2 weeks until the January update so it seems they will probably wait to rollout a fix for the network problems.

On a side note I did install the beta carrier services and it seems to have helped. There was a spot I didn't get reception until a reboot and yesterday it connected immediately. We'll see. That thread was reported by me as well.

Reactions: vandyman

Top Liked Posts