Question Did anyone get the December update yet?

Search This thread

joelevi

May 11, 2006
Two unlocked (ordered from Google) Pixel 6's on T-Mobile 5G in Utah, USA:

No December OTA yet for either. Checking them daily.

hern1989

Dec 19, 2010
Chicago
I sideloaded, but ran into signal, fingerprint scanner, and performance issues. I'm on TMobile. I flashed the November factory image. All runs good again. I just hate not having the full advantage of wireless charging on the pixel stand 2.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Yeah same here. No issues other than network sucks but after installing the beta carrier services it has gotten normal. Went from -118 to -77. And the fingerprint sensor is becoming very responsive or I'm getting used to it and what makes it work. The network issue needs to be fixed ASAP along with the call screening disappearance.

@vandyman You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You tried but alas it was not to be. There are a few threads on Reddit and here that not many have received the update OTA. I think at the outset it was rolled out to a few but then the reports started coming in and they halted distribution, but I'm not sure and they haven't be very forthcoming. There's only less than 2 weeks until the January update so it seems they will probably wait to rollout a fix for the network problems.

On a side note I did install the beta carrier services and it seems to have helped. There was a spot I didn't get reception until a reboot and yesterday it connected immediately. We'll see. That thread was reported by me as well.
Beta Carrier Services had seemed to work pretty decent for me too. Still not as good as the November build but not way far off.
Yeah same here. No issues other than network sucks but after installing the beta carrier services it has gotten normal. Went from -118 to -77. And the fingerprint sensor is becoming very responsive or I'm getting used to it and what makes it work. The network issue needs to be fixed ASAP along with the call screening disappearance.
Wow that's a huge signal improvement. I'm definitely not getting quite that good but it's a good bit better, maybe 8 to 10 dBm. Still at 10 dBm that slightly more than 8 times better signal strength. I also agree my FP sensor has improved significantly with the December update.

jguy

Nov 17, 2007
Google Pixel 6
I'm on a Verizon bought pixel 6. I sideloaded the Dec update and I'm having connection issues. Can't even stay connected at home. Anyone know why the play store tells me the beta has ended when I try to join the carrier services beta?

I'm on a Verizon bought pixel 6. I sideloaded the Dec update and I'm having connection issues. Can't even stay connected at home. Anyone know why the play store tells me the beta has ended when I try to join the carrier services beta?
Interesting, I was able to join the beta like 3 days ago. I'm on Verizon with an unlocked P6. It did make things a bit better but still not good enough. Yesterday my P6 dropped the signal completely and I had to toggle the network off and back on to get it to reconnect. December update is trash and hopefully January will fix this garbage.

EDIT: Although it says I'm a beta tester, it doesn't look like you can take the beta version any longer. My version is 88 and the one in the okay store only says 86.

jguy

Nov 17, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Interesting, I was able to join the beta like 3 days ago. I'm on Verizon with an unlocked P6. It did make things a bit better but still not good enough. Yesterday my P6 dropped the signal completely and I had to toggle the network off and back on to get it to reconnect. December update is trash and hopefully January will fix this garbage.

EDIT: Although it says I'm a beta tester, it doesn't look like you can take the beta version any longer. My version is 88 and the one in the okay store only says 86.
I downloaded the 88 version from some site. It's no better. My network is disconnected right now after all the clearing storage and reseting and such.

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013

The Pixel team paused the December software update to Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro devices after some users reported calls were dropping or disconnecting. We have now identified a fix that will roll out in a software update by late January. This update will also include all the fixes and improvements that were originally planned in December. If you received the December software update on Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro and are still experiencing mobile connectivity issues, you can revert to the previous software version using the Android Flash Tool (flash.android.com) and performing a factory reset. Please back up your phone before restoring to the previous software version. If you are not experiencing mobile connectivity issues, no action is required. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we roll out the fix.

I wish Google would at least give us the security updates before 'late January' There were 'critical flaws' that were patched. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nimueh and ah0y

Top Liked Posts