Question Did anyone get the January Play system update yet

Search This thread

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
While we are still waiting for our Android update, I was wondering if anyone got their Play system update yet. It seems like we are the last to get any updates.

Among other things, it is supposed to include:
  • Updates to system management services that improve device connectivity, network usage, stability, security and updatability. [1]

Reactions: DNAblue2112

neptun2

Jul 25, 2009
Same for me. Saw play update one or two days ago and thought that it is the january one but it was the december one instead.

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
I just got the January 1 update (forced it). I haven't used it enough to notice any differences.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I got a 52 MB Play System Update this morning, restarted like it said ... and am STILL on December update. That's the 2nd time Google has done that to me this month (last time a week or so ago with an update of just over 200 kb), idk wtf they're doing 😠

Reactions: Nimueh

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
It's makes no logical sense....but....
Settings > About Phone > Android Version > Google Play System Update

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6
That's not "forcing" it, that's simply checking for an update. I've been doing that 3 times/day and still didn't get it to say January 🤷‍♀️
If it makes you feel any better I just got the January update like 2 or 3 days ago checking randomly. Will say battery slightly improved on my end. Mainly because mobile network no longer drains an average of 30%+ but now averages around to 24~26% on ATT. Still bad but it used to be 35%~40% so.. at least it's improving 🤷😂

• Haha

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
If it makes you feel any better I just got the January update like 2 or 3 days ago checking randomly. Will say battery slightly improved on my end. Mainly because mobile network no longer drains an average of 30%+ but now averages around to 24~26% on ATT. Still bad but it used to be 35%~40% so.. at least it's improving 🤷😂
Well I DID get some 52 MB or so Play System Update last week but it still says December, and I had a much smaller one the week before that also didn't change the month/date. At this point I'm fully convinced that Google is mocking me and doing this on purpose 🤷‍♀️ :rolleyes: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: bradical711

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Well I DID get some 52 MB or so Play System Update last week but it still says December, and I had a much smaller one the week before that also didn't change the month/date. At this point I'm fully convinced that Google is mocking me and doing this on purpose 🤷‍♀️ :rolleyes: :LOL:
Why does this matter? I don't even know what it does and what an update will do.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Why does this matter? I don't even know what it does and what an update will do.
There was a long-ish list posted a few weeks ago about what the Play System Update would fix. At this point and with this device we can sure use all the updates/fixes we can get ... and besides: Pixels are supposed to get updates early so still not having the January Play System Updates on the 28th is pretty lame of Google.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
There was a long-ish list posted a few weeks ago about what the Play System Update would fix. At this point and with this device we can sure use all the updates/fixes we can get ... and besides: Pixels are supposed to get updates early so still not having the January Play System Updates on the 28th is pretty lame of Google.
Oh I get it. So none of these things are available yet then? Looking thru them not many, perhaps 1, are important to me and that's the connectivity line. Otherwise it seems like a list of things that don't really affect me. I'll post in the carrier services thread but I did get the 90 version today and I came out of a place today that used to take a reboot to regain network. Today it connected immediately so we're getting there. Also overnight I got 100 good signal whereas I was averaging 20% previously.

Anyway, I'm sure this update will come around the time of our next monthly.

Top Liked Posts