Question Did anyone get the January Play system update yet

Search This thread

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6
...At this point and with this device we can sure use all the updates/fixes we can get ... and besides: Pixels are supposed to get updates early so still not having the January Play System Updates on the 28th is pretty lame of Google.
That was the nail on the hammer. The experience with this device in general has been buggy and as a community we'll take ANY update we can get our hands on. Plus this device being specifically a Google device, we're supposed to get updates first and faster than other OEM's. I've been very thankful not experiencing half of the issues others have posted but that doesn't mean they aren't there and affecting others.... As with my pixel 4 XL though, I have no doubt that this phone will be really great in about a year 😂

Reactions: Nimueh

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I just got the January update today, in February now. Better late than never. A little upset with the update timing on a native pixel device :(
I just got it too. What does it do? The timing is fine, get it right and then roll it out. You gotta take the wins as they come.

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
I just got the January update today, in February now. Better late than never. A little upset with the update timing on a native pixel device :(
February changelog is out

Reactions: keithy999 and woe

jkissane

Apr 25, 2010
Cork
Had a look just now & it was already there waiting for a restart. Would it have restarted itself at some stage or would it wait for me to check it?

djoka60

Nov 9, 2018
Just received new update...about 512kb ( very little )..or so.....but after reset I am still on Januaru update...

neptun2

Jul 25, 2009
I was just wondering what this update was. I know that it is still too early for the february update even if we get it on time this month.

Kenaz Rune

Mar 29, 2019
Well, I had the January update back in January. However, due to my use of Magisk, I had to sideload the January ROM. I was able to get the 1st and 2nd February updates OTA. The 2nd one updated Play Services to February.

Top Liked Posts