Did anyone knows which languages are provided?

Search This thread

Groby

May 6, 2006
Hi,
after I'd buyed a U12+ from TW and was fine with it, I'd buyed a U19e which just 6 languages provided (5 Asian and English), want to know before if the U20 provide more (Android itself is spreaded in all languages). Did anyone have or had the chance to check this?
If it provide German, the order will be done 10 Seconds later! :)

Groby

May 6, 2006
Hi @Groby. Where did you buy your Taiwan version? Thank you.

Both, U12+ 128GB DualSIM and U19e 128GB at ebay in an UK Shop. The U12+ provide all normal languages (as intended from Google), but the U19e not (just English and 5 Asian), so I want to clearify it before buying it -but I'm searching since moth where to buy a U20 G5 white, but didn't found it -neither the white, nor the green one. Just the Desire 20 pro. :(

Groby

May 6, 2006
...well, same **** then U19e, just English and 5 asian languages. Today mine arrive (asked seller if it will have German language, he said "Yes") and I'm really pissed now!

Magimix^

Nov 20, 2018
I recently imported a U20 5G handset from Taiwan to UK via eBay and it came with English (US) plus the 5 Asia-region languages.

Running English (US) obviously isn't such a big deal for me as Gboard can be set to English (UK). For our German friends it is a little more inconvenient.

I guess HTC have made it clear this is a Taiwan only device for the moment hence the lack of choice. I hope they open up the phone to other markets as they have done with the recent Desire 20 Pro handset. I'm just glad it came with English of some sort as I was taking a gamble importing the handset (!)

Sorry I know that is probably not the answer you were looking for.

lux83

Feb 12, 2008
ITALY
i bought this phone from hong kong which has english and 4 other chinese languages

I proceeded to install Morelocale2, and installed the usb drivers for HTC u20 on my laptop with windows 10 (which already had the drivers and ADB folder of the previous phones), that's it, htc u20 in Italian, perfect.

patience88

Aug 5, 2006
i bought this phone from hong kong which has english and 4 other chinese languages

I proceeded to install Morelocale2, and installed the usb drivers for HTC u20 on my laptop with windows 10 (which already had the drivers and ADB folder of the previous phones), that's it, htc u20 in Italian, perfect.
Have you rooted you U20?

Top Liked Posts