Did I get the "wrong" V20 for rooting? H910 vs Other Variants.

Search This thread

ssnova

Mar 25, 2013
Hi everyone, I decided to pick up a spare V20 as a walk around device (I won't use it as a phone, especially because you can't use HD voice on a custom Rom with the V20), just as a multi media player, camera, web browsing device, etc.

I picked up another V20 soely to root and put a custom rom on there to play with.

Any how, I saw this walk through for a recent walkthrough on rooting a V20, and apparently the H910 (at&t version) is harder/more tedious to root compared to the VS995 (verizon version):

Did I get the "wrong" V20 variant? Should I return it? Or is it still relatively easy to root the H910 and run a custom ROM in 2022?

TIA

ssnova

Mar 25, 2013
No replies, has anyone bought a V20 lately and rooted? They still have a lot of them on ebay, though I question them, they seem to be refurbished but sold as "new".

Darnrain1

Jan 2, 2018
USA
Hi everyone, I decided to pick up a spare V20 as a walk around device (I won't use it as a phone, especially because you can't use HD voice on a custom Rom with the V20), just as a multi media player, camera, web browsing device, etc.

I picked up another V20 soely to root and put a custom rom on there to play with.

Any how, I saw this walk through for a recent walkthrough on rooting a V20, and apparently the H910 (at&t version) is harder/more tedious to root compared to the VS995 (verizon version):

Did I get the "wrong" V20 variant? Should I return it? Or is it still relatively easy to root the H910 and run a custom ROM in 2022?

TIA
Yeah you can Root the H910 and run a custom rom.

[ROOT] HOWTO: AT&T H910 up to v20g (FULLY TESTED)

Make a dump backup first before flashing the H915 KDZ file. Put it in a very safe place it has you EFS. That's what makes your phone work.

h910_root_pkg.zip "DirtySanta root package"
usb drivers for windows
Terminal Emulator for Android "f-droid Download APK at bottom of page"

LG V20 ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, & Other Developm

Reactions: ssnova

ssnova

Mar 25, 2013

Make a dump backup first before flashing the H915 KDZ file. Put it in a very safe place it has you EFS. That's what makes your phone work.

usb drivers for windows

Thanks for the insight and pointing me to the right direction @Darnrain1 !

On one of the H910's, I DEFINITELY want to put your custom rom on there and give it a run!

For now, I was trying to use one as a carry on device. However, with the way things are in my life right now, these projects will be in my backlog, haha... the main thing is, at least I have the hardware on hand.

I'll just leave them be for now. Slightly off topic, but I'd love to get my hands on a LG V50 as well one day. Nice camera, better speakers... though it still lacks the IR blaster, and most importantly, the ability to easily replace the battery. LG might have not been the best, but they certainly did some innovative/unique/great things in their tenure while in the smartphone space.

Reactions: Darnrain1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TIA

usb drivers for windows

usb drivers for windows

Thanks for the insight and pointing me to the right direction @Darnrain1 !

On one of the H910's, I DEFINITELY want to put your custom rom on there and give it a run!

For now, I was trying to use one as a carry on device. However, with the way things are in my life right now, these projects will be in my backlog, haha... the main thing is, at least I have the hardware on hand.

I'll just leave them be for now. Slightly off topic, but I'd love to get my hands on a LG V50 as well one day. Nice camera, better speakers... though it still lacks the IR blaster, and most importantly, the ability to easily replace the battery. LG might have not been the best, but they certainly did some innovative/unique/great things in their tenure while in the smartphone space.