Did something change wrt G Play-services that breaks Zygisk Denylist?

Search This thread

straumli

Jan 12, 2012
I am using Google Pixel 6 Pro and my Google Pay stopped working and my Magisk installation was removed, I have no idea what triggered this. After re-installing the canary version of Magisk I noticed the following when configuring my Denylist:
- Google Play-services is now only listed under "Show OS apps". I might be mistaken but before it was under "Show systemapps"?
- Google Play-services is no longer selected after a powercycle

Although safetynet test apps PASS, it is clearly NOT working:
- Can no longer find Netflix app in Google Play store (good indicator certification is not in order)
- Google Pay complains about root detection after adding my card

Appreciate any advise/tips/suggestions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220519-095925.png
    Screenshot_20220519-095925.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20220519-095314.png
    Screenshot_20220519-095314.png
    187 KB · Views: 131

manjaroid

Jun 25, 2019
Magisk disappearing is interesting and I don't know what happened there.

No need to add Play services or other system processes to DenyList. Only deny Play Store, Gpay etc. If you deny Play services it'll end up unticked after a reboot which is normal. After a new Magisk installation including safetynet-fix and Props Config modules, clear Play Store cache and storage in Settings/Apps (I do this for Play services too although it may not be necessary). After some brief wait time your Pixel should show as certified in Play Store settings in addition to passing Safetynet.

straumli

Jan 12, 2012
Everything is working now, I also re-installed the modules. I might have indeed denied to many services, thank you for clarifying only App Store itself and banking apps is sufficiënt! If I lose root again suddenly I will attach ADB logfiles.

Reactions: manjaroid
I am using Google Pixel 6 Pro and my Google Pay stopped working and my Magisk installation was removed, I have no idea what triggered this. After re-installing the canary version of Magisk I noticed the following when configuring my Denylist:
- Google Play-services is now only listed under "Show OS apps". I might be mistaken but before it was under "Show systemapps"?

- Can no longer find Netflix app in Google Play store (good indicator certification is not in order)

If you have safetynetbfix flashed this is normal as it does it for you and unselects it. If you don't have saftey net fix flashed you can select it and it will stick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magisk disappearing is interesting and I don't know what happened there.

No need to add Play services or other system processes to DenyList. Only deny Play Store, Gpay etc. If you deny Play services it'll end up unticked after a reboot which is normal. After a new Magisk installation including safetynet-fix and Props Config modules, clear Play Store cache and storage in Settings/Apps (I do this for Play services too although it may not be necessary). After some brief wait time your Pixel should show as certified in Play Store settings in addition to passing Safetynet.

If you have safetynetbfix flashed this is normal as it does it for you and unselects it. If you don't have saftey net fix flashed you can select it and it will stick
    Everything is working now, I also re-installed the modules. I might have indeed denied to many services, thank you for clarifying only App Store itself and banking apps is sufficiënt! If I lose root again suddenly I will attach ADB logfiles.