• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Did the WiFi signal improve after OOS 4.5.10 on the OnePlus 5? What is it like now?

Search This thread

RobertD.

Mar 25, 2017
I want to buy the OnePlus 5. I've read excellent reviews so far, but when I clicked on the WiFi-signal thread, people said that the OnePlus 5 WiFi reception was really bad...

Is this true? What's it like after you updated to OOS 4.5.10?

And also, is it smart to buy this phone? (considering the WiFi-connection problems)

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
I've never had problems with WiFi either. Some people also complain about horrible GPS. I was wary when I read that but so far no problems with GPS either. I previously owned a Pixel XL and I think you get way more bang for your buck with the OnePlus 5. If you aren't one of those people who gets new phones frequently I also suspect that the OnePlus will last longer than the Pixel XL because it runs at least 20F cooler even though it has a more powerful processor. Google phones and heat haven't been a good combination over the last few years.

The one thing that isn't so good about the OnePlus is the camera app--especially in low light. But you can always use a ported Pixel camera app to take low light pictures.

simon3r

Sep 7, 2015
I have a problem with wifi , this is the unique problem with this smartphone , but i have also with 4.5.8 .
wifi works. but it happens that suddenly it starts to work badly, slow to load pages etc, then recover and work well. I hope they will solve it.