• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Did you get your money back when you returned your phone?

Search This thread

sebastianraven

Jan 4, 2007
Laguna Beach
So, this is weird. I decided yesterday to return my Note 7. I bought a different phone outright so I can get my upgrade.

When I got home I noticed my receipt said 0.00 refunded. I called 611 and the rep had no idea so she called the store and we got on a call together.

The rep is stating that it will take up to 3 billing cycles for me to get my refund because the original purchase date was back in November and we're outside the 14 day window from the replacement device.. That doesn't make any sense. Can anyone confirm this?

hairdewx

Feb 28, 2009
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/

What happens to the device payment agreement I have for my Galaxy Note7?
Your Galaxy Note7 device payment agreement has been automatically canceled, and you'll receive a bill credit for any payments made towards your installment balance.

Additionally, you'll receive a refund or bill credit for any taxes, down payments or upgrade fees you may have paid. Please allow 1-2 bill cycles for credits to apply.

Jrgom

Mar 25, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
i bought mine on a 2 year contract, after the first recall i took my phone down to the store, and the sales rep rushed through the exchange, and marked me down as a payment plan, so i have to wait longer to get my money back that i paid on the 2 year contact, because the sales rep was upset and rushed through the exchange. a bit frustrated, and have to wait till december to see the credit (which better be there) and i dont want to get a new phone during this period, because i dont want to mess anything up on my account now... so in other words looks like there is a bunch of us waiting for our money