• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Did you know about this double tap feature?

Search This thread

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I did not know, but very cool find!!
It is cool.. when it works. lol. There have been multiple reports, myself included, that observes at times it just craps out. Then you have to go into settings, back out and it works again. Frustrating but I do believe there is a fix coming soon if it's not here already in the mid Nov update. Nonetheless, I saw this back in early November right before I got the device and then watched it again once I could follow along. It's a long YouTube video but the double tap is in there along with a bunch of other cool tweaks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you enable QuickTap, in the settings app, you can tap the back of your phone to either open an app of your choice or preform a selected command. I am like mind blown right now.

This thread is a PSA for others like me.
    Discovered it recently too, know that you can map it to any action/task you want by simply associating it with "Tasker secondary" as app so you can do whatever you want with it :)

If you enable QuickTap, in the settings app, you can tap the back of your phone to either open an app of your choice or preform a selected command. I am like mind blown right now.

This thread is a PSA for others like me.
    It is cool.. when it works. lol. There have been multiple reports, myself included, that observes at times it just craps out. Then you have to go into settings, back out and it works again. Frustrating but I do believe there is a fix coming soon if it's not here already in the mid Nov update. Nonetheless, I saw this back in early November right before I got the device and then watched it again once I could follow along. It's a long YouTube video but the double tap is in there along with a bunch of other cool tweaks.
    I use it for screenshots.