Different Display-Panels/Quality?!

Search This thread

sTOrM41

Aug 30, 2008
hey guys, i just receive two LG G4 (H815) from the amazon warehouse.

I have the feeling that one of the devices has a little brighter display with also a little better viewing angles (both tested at 100% brightness).

Is that possible?

Does LG build in diffrent panels or are my eyes fooled?

milan187

Apr 15, 2015
Not every display is equal even on the same phone. Especially if you compare Brightness. This is usually only noticed when compared side to side.

I would not worry about it unless you feel something is wrong with it.

Sometimes you may have maple vendors for the same part. In this case even though specs are the same they are not 100% equal.

Sent from my LG G4

danieldp1990

Jul 17, 2012
cali
check if both phones have the same firmware. cause for me MM is a bit dimmer than LP. I compare the both side by side. then I flashed LP on my Phone and now its the same.

sTOrM41

Aug 30, 2008
d7pszkzxtq4fzta2l.jpg

nitrous²

Jun 4, 2010
The Grid
It's possible. LG has severe quality control issues. In favor of adding funny features at the lowest price among the smartphone giants, LG cuts corners on the wrong places. This can sometimes be the cheapest solder supplier, the cheapest BGA Station to assemble the PBC, the cheapest leather for the battery cover or as in this case the cheapest LCD panel they could get. Sometimes they get away with that. Sometimes they don't as we saw with the bootloop fiasco on the G4, caused by a "loose contact", probably on one of the mainboard components.

EDIT: I'd check the panel for burn-in or retention since reports of such issues on the G4 slowly pop-up all over the internet. I have it too, especially when the phone gets a little warmer or is used for a longer period of time.

milan187

Apr 15, 2015
You would never notice it if they where not beside each other. Take any phone you want and do the same. You will see some difference. The screens are not all made equal. The calibration process does not make them all 100% the same.

I worked for a major manufacturer. It was really interesting when you had 10 displays beside each other.

Sent from my LG G4

Reactions: nitrous²

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
VT
I remeber back on the old g2 sometimes flashing roms and kernals you got a whote lines issue. Which stemmed back to two diffrent panel typed a jdi type and a lgd type. I had a jdi. Which i always got the white lines. I dont know if there was a diffrence in images the screen displayed. But i know then they did use 2 diffrent types

danieldp1990

Jul 17, 2012
cali
I remeber back on the old g2 sometimes flashing roms and kernals you got a whote lines issue. Which stemmed back to two diffrent panel typed a jdi type and a lgd type. I had a jdi. Which i always got the white lines. I dont know if there was a diffrence in images the screen displayed. But i know then they did use 2 diffrent types

As you said, the lg g2 have two different pannel types... and also the G4 have both same pannel manufactur. mine is LGE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You would never notice it if they where not beside each other. Take any phone you want and do the same. You will see some difference. The screens are not all made equal. The calibration process does not make them all 100% the same.

I worked for a major manufacturer. It was really interesting when you had 10 displays beside each other.

Sent from my LG G4
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone